PDA

View Full Version : Was it really a good move ??

A face
28/01/2005, 12:08 AM
Lads, what do ya think ... should the club have just put the price up to €15 and stopped the messing about ? For the amount of credit that they'd get for it would it really not have made more sense to raise it all the way.
At the moment we are getting the best deal in the league, (i'm ignoring what the whingers say as they will moan anyway and they are the very ones that will ignore the gesture from the club in only raising it by €3 when costs are aways on the up) .... You cant cross the road these days without getting hit with some charge or another and then people expect City to cut it tight or lose out. Just a thought ..... the whingers wont be happy, they will always complain.

patsh
28/01/2005, 7:39 AM
I'd agree with you, face.

€15 - Adults
€10 - Students
€5 - u-16's

People spend more than €13 in the Horseshoe at half time....;)

Gary
28/01/2005, 10:41 AM
I reckon the reason it wasnt put to €15 this season was simply because a €5 looks huge, and would scare people away. That said, I imagine by the start of the 2006 season, as league champions, the admission will be €15.

People will moan, grumble and complain anyways. Remember the Inter Toto games last season. Some reckoned the extra costs were for peoples so-called 'junkets' to the away games. But most of these are the types who dodge a round and whose pockets are too deep for their arms to reach.

But, what i reckon the club should do is categorise the fixtures ie

Category C
League Cup & Munster Senior Cup €8 adult €5 U18

Category B
UCD, Finn Harps, Derry, Longford, SPA, Bray - €12 adult €8 U 18

Category A (Incl FAI & Setanta Cup)
Shels, Shams, Bohs, Drogs, Waterford €15 adult €10 U18

Europe
€20 adult, €13 U18.

observer
28/01/2005, 11:15 AM
I assume from the logic of your post, that when you finish outside the top 4 in 2005 the 2006 addmission will drop to €10. :)

eoinh
28/01/2005, 11:43 AM
Lads, what do ya think ... should the club have just put the price up to €15 and stopped the messing about ? For the amount of credit that they'd get for it would it really not have made more sense to raise it all the way.
At the moment we are getting the best deal in the league, (i'm ignoring what the whingers say as they will moan anyway and they are the very ones that will ignore the gesture from the club in only raising it by €3 when costs are aways on the up) .... You cant cross the road these days without getting hit with some charge or another and then people expect City to cut it tight or lose out. Just a thought ..... the whingers wont be happy, they will always complain.

Raising the price by €5 is a 50% increase. Im sorry but that would be a ridiculous price hike. Especially as inflation is running at about 4%. Even a €3 hike is quite steep and the club should be content with that.

joe
28/01/2005, 12:12 PM
Lads, what do ya think ... should the club have just put the price up to €15 and stopped the messing about ?

afaik the pricing structure for the coming season has yet to be confirmed

eoinh
28/01/2005, 1:54 PM
**** the ****s who dont want to pay it, they are not city fans if they are not willing to pay for the clubs development.

I take it you dont have kids, a morgage, bank loans etc.

adamd164
28/01/2005, 5:17 PM
Although it must be noted I have NOT complained about the price-hike and would pay virtually anything to see City, I'm inclined to agree with eoinh here, it can be hard for someone trying to fund all of what he's listed AND go to see City week in, week out.

thecorner
31/01/2005, 8:33 AM
But, what i reckon the club should do is categorise the fixtures ie

Category C
League Cup & Munster Senior Cup €8 adult €5 U18

Category B
UCD, Finn Harps, Derry, Longford, SPA, Bray - €12 adult €8 U 18

Category A (Incl FAI & Setanta Cup)
Shels, Shams, Bohs, Drogs, Waterford €15 adult €10 U18

Europe
€20 adult, €13 U18.

couple of clubs do that in england and if ur buying a category a ticket, u have to buy a category b ticket with it

pete
31/01/2005, 9:04 AM
Wouldn't make any differnce to me but i think €13 is better than €15 as people are only too willing to knock the club & it doesn't need to risk the goodwill built up over last few seasons.

Keep it at €20 for Uefa Cup games to counter this.

Gary
31/01/2005, 9:18 AM
couple of clubs do that in england and if ur buying a category a ticket, u have to buy a category b ticket with it

It would be nice if City were able to do something like that, but seeing as most of Citys games throughout the season, be they 'category A' or not, unfortunatley wont be sell-outs, therefore, you cannot realistically implement such an idea.

thecorner
31/01/2005, 9:23 AM
It would be nice if City were able to do something like that, but seeing as most of Citys games throughout the season, be they 'category A' or not, unfortunatley wont be sell-outs, therefore, you cannot realistically implement such an idea.

wont be sellouts but might get good crowds out when we are playing the likes of ucd

Gary
31/01/2005, 9:59 AM
Perhaps, but IF City were to try such, it could just as easily back-fire. For instance, there is the guy who only goes to the 'big ones'. If he were to be stuck with having to buy a ticket for UCD, he may just decide to hell with it, and not bother full stop.

The point is moot anyway, as this situation will most likely not arise in the short term.

balls
31/01/2005, 6:16 PM
garys initial post about categorising games makes alot of sense but that system would be hard to implement. 13euro aint that expensive but a tenner was great value for money at cross

colblimp
31/01/2005, 10:32 PM
13euro aint that expensive but a tenner was great value for money at cross

A tenner was unbelieveable value for money.

The equivalent in sterling is about seven quid, you can't even see a conference game for seven quid!! Even at thirteen euros, although a thirty percent rise, you can't go wrong!! :D

jimhacker
01/02/2005, 8:07 AM
i think the club should make it 15 euro next season, we need to make money and all the clubs like bohs and shels charge 15 so if we want to be better than them we have to charge that aswell.
**** the ****s who dont want to pay it, they are not city fans if they are not willing to pay for the clubs development.

As you obviously have no money worries of your own perhaps you would be so kind as to purchase a family season ticket for us.

Then you wouln't have to call us names either.

Cheers!

Dricky
01/02/2005, 9:26 AM
Just speaking for myself now 15€ is dirt cheap and I thing it should be the price, build up the coffers for the club. People pay that for a taxi home after been in the chipper after a night out clubbing spending more than that.

If we want the clubs in Ireland to move on then as fans we have to pay for it. €15 is a very good price for entertainment if you compare it to other forms, how much for a concert, a cd, a cinema ticket etc everybody pays for those...