PDA

View Full Version : Should a player be sent off for this ?

Roo69
27/01/2005, 4:24 PM
http://dangerhere.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11188&sid=689a958460b99d4f710aaed17e01a73d

Docboy
27/01/2005, 6:01 PM
well considering he was already on a yellow,definitley,hate diving ruins the game. Worst ever rivaldo at WC 2002, Would have sent him home myself!

onenilgameover
30/01/2005, 10:45 AM
I think its a yellow card and they should be handed out like free candy for stuff like that!

anto eile
30/01/2005, 1:55 PM
i hate this anti-diving attitude. its very much a british thing.no-one else gets on high horses about diving, just the british. ffs the irish have a habit of copying every thing they do. irritating. i want to see people stop moaning about diving, and just start doing it themselves.id expect Rovers palaeyrs to dive in order to win.fukc this fairplay british attitude

gustavo
30/01/2005, 2:30 PM
i dont wish to sound like a representative from fifa but i disagree i think fair play should be an integral part of football and all sport i mean whats the point in participating if you are going to cheat .

anto eile
30/01/2005, 2:52 PM
i dont wish to sound like a representative from fifa but i disagree i think fair play should be an integral part of football and all sport i mean whats the point in participating if you are going to cheat .

to win.thats why they keep score isnt it?:)seriously though

DolansWaistcoat
31/01/2005, 6:18 AM
Naw, then every game would be called off due to lack of players on the pitch.They're all at it and some are just worse than others at conning the ref ie.Mr Viera's pathetic tumble.Was he booked for that?

razor
31/01/2005, 8:28 AM
i hate this anti-diving attitude. its very much a british thing.no-one else gets on high horses about diving, just the british. ffs the irish have a habit of copying every thing they do. irritating. i want to see people stop moaning about diving, and just start doing it themselves.id expect Rovers palaeyrs to dive in order to win.fukc this fairplay british attitude
Balls to that , its downright cheating and its bloody ruining the game.
After Dioufs theatrics the other night, the post match discussion was basically, "Oh its part and parcel of the game ", "They're all at it", "Every club has one" Well balls to the lot of it.
If refs dished out yellows every time crap like this goes on then players wouldn't be long stopping.
Either that or the 4th official should come on with a basey bat and give them a reason to dive.
Diouf, Rooney, Cristiano, Pires and co need to cop themselves on.

Karlos
31/01/2005, 8:42 AM
Naw, then every game would be called off due to lack of players on the pitch.They're all at it and some are just worse than others at conning the ref ie.Mr Viera's pathetic tumble.Was he booked for that?

agreed, he should have been booked and subseqently sent off but considering he dived in the centre circle, this example is pittance compared to people diving for penalties and then cellebrating the fact you cheated al a Rooney & Diouf or feigning injury like Ben Haim and countless others.

Still amazes me how Diouf's dive was disgraceful and Rooney's was gamesmanship! :confused:

Colm55
31/01/2005, 9:24 AM

i was planning on writing some sort of constructed argument against what you just said, but i realised that you must be taking the ****, so I decided to ask you a simple question instead:

Did you boo Robert Pires for his diving against Ireland in the stade de france or did you give out to your mates for moaning at his dive?

And Roo69 - I would have given a straight red !

Aldini98
31/01/2005, 12:33 PM
Balls to that , its downright cheating and its bloody ruining the game.
After Dioufs theatrics the other night, the post match discussion was basically, "Oh its part and parcel of the game ", "They're all at it", "Every club has one" Well balls to the lot of it.
If refs dished out yellows every time crap like this goes on then players wouldn't be long stopping.
Either that or the 4th official should come on with a basey bat and give them a reason to dive.
Diouf, Rooney, Cristiano, Pires and co need to cop themselves on.

Agree with you 100% Razor, the refs are way too lenient with the divers.

onenilgameover
31/01/2005, 1:35 PM
I have to say I didn't boo pires at the match cos i somehow missed his dive even though all around me where booing. There was even a guy behind me callling him a rapist and getting very irate. I blanked him out cos a wanted to watch the match without having to react to the fools that you find from time to time at matches.

Referee's need to take action against obvious diving as opposed to players going down easy under pressure. Cheating or fooling the ref will always have a part to play in football its the extent and the way it happens is what counts...

anto eile
31/01/2005, 2:34 PM
i was planning on writing some sort of constructed argument against what you just said, but i realised that you must be taking the ****, so I decided to ask you a simple question instead:

Did you boo Robert Pires for his diving against Ireland in the stade de france or did you give out to your mates for moaning at his dive?

And Roo69 - I would have given a straight red !

no i didnt boo him because
A-i wasnt in paris.(i watched it in my mates house)
B-i dont give a **** about faIreland. (neither does my shels following mate mentioned above)
C-if Rovers win a game by cheating i wil be thoroughly delighted and supportive in the manner in which we won.
its all about winning,thats why they keep score ffs

diving is against the rules and should be punished if youre caught out.but i would like to see Rovers players chance their arm and try con the refs.
but whats the difference between diving and say , that "goal" spurs got against mank u last month?if football is meant to be an honest gentlemans game why didnt roy carroll admit to the ref it was a goal.what about when a player scores from off-side,is he going to rat himself out?no.cheating comes in many forms other than diving.diving is just one more cheat in football.

Eire06
31/01/2005, 3:24 PM
anto eile,
Sorry but what drugs are you on???

How the hell can you justify diving sure if everyone started dooin it everytime the ball comes into the box there'd be someone on the ground lookin for a penalty\free kick.
Just in case you didn't realise it is NOT the object of the game to con the refs..

ya admittidly sometimes they get it wrong spurs goal for example but that is not reason to justify diving, If players are skillful enough diving is not needed..

and you try and call yourself a soccer supporter

Roo69
31/01/2005, 3:39 PM
no i didnt boo him because
A-i wasnt in paris.(i watched it in my mates house)
B-i dont give a **** about faIreland. (neither does my shels following mate mentioned above)
C-if Rovers win a game by cheating i wil be thoroughly delighted and supportive in the manner in which we won.
its all about winning,thats why they keep score ffs

diving is against the rules and should be punished if youre caught out.but i would like to see Rovers players chance their arm and try con the refs.
but whats the difference between diving and say , that "goal" spurs got against mank u last month?if football is meant to be an honest gentlemans game why didnt roy carroll admit to the ref it was a goal.what about when a player scores from off-side,is he going to rat himself out?no.cheating comes in many forms other than diving.diving is just one more cheat in football.

your a very strange one anto eile ! very strange indeed.

Kerry Blue
31/01/2005, 6:22 PM

In the laws of the game 'diving' is considered to be 'unsportsmanlike behaviour' and is punishable by a caution (yellow card). As regards players telling officials that they were wrong in their decisions, giving advantage to their opponents (like you've listed above), the laws state clearly that a referee can only change his mind after getting advice from his assistants and no-one else! So even if players do 'own up', the ref isn't allowed to change his mind!

anto eile
01/02/2005, 1:37 PM
eire06.how can i justify diving?
because i want my team to win.i dont care how we do it.win by cheating or win honestly,makes no difference to me.like it or not cheating is part and parcel of the game.diving is one aspect of cheating.rather than go whinging like the brits every time a continental player makes a meal of a tackle id rather see Rovers do it themselves,and beat the cheats at their own game.as well as the fact that cheating the likes of gypos and shels out of a few points is a very nice way of winning a dublin derby.unfairly winning a big game by screwing your rivals (leaving them totally sickened) is often more enjoyable than beating them fair and square

[quote"and you try and call yourself a soccer supporter"]
eh no..who is this "soccer fc" team?im a Shamrock Rovers supporter

razor
01/02/2005, 3:16 PM
eh no..who is this "soccer fc" team?im a Shamrock Rovers supporterSays it all really.

Eire06
01/02/2005, 3:19 PM
Says it all really.

yep...

liam88
01/02/2005, 3:58 PM
"...players who dive should be made to wear a skirt for the rest of the game"
Abi Timuss

:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Eire06
01/02/2005, 4:02 PM
"...players who dive should be made to wear a skirt for the rest of the game"