PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2016/17

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Cruyff
22/07/2016, 11:40 AM
Right lads, might as well get it going again, any news/rumours??

Johnnie C
31/07/2016, 2:32 PM
Friday August 19 seems to be the kick off date for the season.

Johnnie C
09/08/2016, 11:05 AM
From league website :
The Junior season will begin on Sunday 21st August with fixtures for the Premier Division, Division 1 and Division 2. The second series of fixtures for these divisions will take place on Sunday 28th August. Division 3 will start on Sunday September 4th.

The Youths season is provisionally set to begin on Saturday 3rd September. The later than normal date is to give clubs more time to organise for sustaining a team for the full season, rather than face the consequent financial penalties for themselves and disruption to the other competitors should a team have to withdraw after the season has started.

Shearer
09/08/2016, 1:25 PM
Did I hear that they got rid of Friday fixtures?

Cruyff
09/08/2016, 3:33 PM
Ya was brought up by a number of premier clubs at delegate meeting to remove Friday games.
Many friendlies being played around? Heard Rathkeale played Broadford last Sunday and NCW Rovers played Listowel.

southern kid
10/08/2016, 9:27 PM
Hi all. Looking for to new season in both city an county.. any big name move out around the desmond leave? I heard fairview beat Newcastle quiet comfortable last night and pike hammered ratkeale last week.. surly ratkeale and broadford did not play each other in challenge as there both in premier . Any fixtures out yet???

Shearer
12/08/2016, 1:21 PM
No word of fixtures yet Southern Kid and yeah Rathkeale and Broadford did face each other. Broadford had only 9 players and had to resort to putting their manager in goals with it finishing on a scoreline of 7-0 to Rathkeale.

On the topic of friendlies, I saw in the Observer that Newcastle AFC came back from 3-0 down at half time to draw 3-3 with Regional United and that their B team beat Glantine A 3-2 and Athlunkard Villa 8-1.

Johnnie C
13/08/2016, 1:59 PM
The draw for the MFA League Champions Trophy has been made and is as follows:
First Round:
Abbeyfeale Utd (Desmond Lge) v Kilworth Celtic (WWEC)

Quarter Finals
Abbeyfeale Utd or Kilworth Celtic v Dingle Bay Rvs or Park Utd

Proposed Dates:
First Round on or before 3/4 September 2016
Quarter Finals on or before 1/2 October 2016
Chance for Abbey to make a bit of progress here.

southern kid
14/08/2016, 6:31 PM
Who are your tips for premier divison and divison 1 champions. I will go with broadford abbey Newcastle west glin and ratkeale in that order..the bottom 5 are tough to put in numerical order as there is still a lot of quality there..divison one is a lottery but I think glantine breska an Kildimo will fight it out for champions.

Ballistinianlad
15/08/2016, 11:01 AM
Best of luck to all teams this weekend.
Heard they will be entering the league in the Oscar traynor this year. Good to see the team back.
Div 1 will be tight. Kildimo have lost a couple but could regroup. Breska will be there or there abouts. Pallaskenry and feenagh would be dark horses for me.

Cruyff
15/08/2016, 11:05 PM
Fixtures are provisional until they appear in Weekly Observer newspaper

Sunday 21st August

Weekly Observer Premier Division

Ballingarry AFC V Broadford Utd 1130 (L. O’Connor)

Newcastle West AFC V Carrig Celtic 1130 (P. O’Brien)

Killeaney V Rathkeale AFC 1130 (G. O’Connor)

Newcastle West Rovers V Athea Utd 1130 (P. O’Connor)

Glin Rovers V Abbeyfeale Utd 1130 (P. Manning)

Weekly Observer Division 1

Abbeyfeale Utd V Shannonside FC 230 (J. Roche)

Breska Rovers V Pallaskenry 230 (P. O’Connor)

Feenagh V Glantine 1130 (P. King)

Granagh Utd V AK Utd 1130 (S. Hartnett)

Rathkeale B V Kildimo Utd 230 (J. Molyneaux)

Weekly Observer Division 2

St. Itas V Ballysteen 1130 (P. O’Donnell)

Rockhill Rovers V Newcastle West Rovers B 230 (T. Fitzmaurice)

Askeaton AFC V Bally Rovers 1130 (D. Wallace)

Ballingarry AFC B V Shountrade 230 (P. King)

Adare Utd V Glin Rovers B 230 (L. O’Connor)

Shearer
16/08/2016, 11:46 AM
My Predictions:
Premier Division - Abbeyfeale but wouldn't rule out Rathkeale.
First Division - As Southern Kid said this is a real lottery, Shannonside and Kildimo will be favourites but don't rule out the newly promoted Granagh and AK.
Second Division - St. Ita's.
Third Division - Creeves Celtic.

sexyfootball
17/08/2016, 9:49 AM
...and so another season starts this Sunday for most junior teams (Div 3 excluded)... We Go Again!!
It's been very quiet on here, you would barely know there was anything happening. I haven't really heard much myself, do know Newcastle West AFC have Eddie Brouder & Paul Slater back in charge (won the League & Desmond Cup when they were last there). would imagine they'll attract a few good players.
Haven't heard anything else in relation to other clubs though, could be status quo since last season.
Anyone know of any interesting transfers or other changes in management?

For what it's worth my predictions are:

Premier Abbeyfeale to again win the league, Newcastle West to push them most with Ballingarry a dark horse.

Division 1 Can't really see past the 2 teams who went down, Shannonside & Kildimo

Division 2 If Askeaton have gotten there act together they'll be hard to beat, Glin B been very good the past few seasons will be thereabouts also.

Division 3 Knockaderry if they have added to their squad from last season & IF (Big 'if') the GAA doesn't affect them too much will win the league. Creeves & Ferry Rangers will make it a close run race!

robotwarsfan
17/08/2016, 3:06 PM
My predictions for this season:

Premier: Broadford to win with abbeyfeale close behind them. Glin a dark horse.
Division 1: Glantine to win, one of ak,shannonside,pallaskenry or feenagh to come second.
Division 2: St Ita's to win, possibly Ballysteen 2nd.
Division 3. Creeves and Ferry to go up.

sportsfanatic
17/08/2016, 3:40 PM
Glad the season is back too.

For the premier I would go with Abbey, Broadford and Newcastle West to be at the top and in that order too with Killeaney, Ballingarry and Athea to fight out relegation.

1st Division is hard to look past Kildimo and Shannonside going straight back up again.

Any rumours floating about? Have NCW lured any players since their new managerial appointment?

Ballistinianlad
17/08/2016, 4:15 PM
Shannonside should win div 1. Kildimo down a few from last year so may take some time settling. Pallaskenry down a few too from last season so mid table looks likely. Granagh could be the suprise package.

last man back
19/08/2016, 7:15 PM
Carrig beating Ncw 2 - 1

limerick4liam
19/08/2016, 9:48 PM
Looking forward to a good season. The premier could be set for a repat of last season, last day drama! Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale to battle it out with the former clinching the title.

Division 1:Clear favourites would lie with the relegated premier teams.Kildimo have a good young squad and even though they have kost a few,I would expect them to win back promotion to the premier.Shannonside and Breska will run close for second. Pallaskenry have signed a few also but I would have to agree with Ballistinianlad; mid table looks likely.

Division 2:Ballysteen looking good if they can get a good season behind them

Any truth that Peter Nash is going to Rathkeale?

robotwarsfan
19/08/2016, 11:15 PM
Looking forward to a good season. The premier could be set for a repat of last season, last day drama! Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale to battle it out with the former clinching the title.

Division 1:Clear favourites would lie with the relegated premier teams.Kildimo have a good young squad and even though they have kost a few,I would expect them to win back promotion to the premier.Shannonside and Breska will run close for second. Pallaskenry have signed a few also but I would have to agree with Ballistinianlad; mid table looks likely.

Division 2:Ballysteen looking good if they can get a good season behind them

Any truth that Peter Nash is going to Rathkeale?

I thought I heard someone say that he's going to ak, not 100% sure though

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2016, 1:18 AM
Div 2 will be tough. Itas. Bally rovers. Ballysteen will all feel they have a chance. Rockhill could regroup as could.

Also hear the Oscar traynor management team has been appointed. Good to see the league will be represented. Hope it's run right. Suprising enough names if what I'm hearing is true

southern kid
20/08/2016, 11:21 AM
I see fixtures are out. Abbey away to glin is mouthwatering fixture.also great to see carrig beat neighbours and big town rivals Newcastle west.. who are Oscar traynor managers. I hope it's someone with good experience as there is quality players there and need to be managed properly. Let's hope clubs and league back players and management.

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2016, 11:30 AM
Not sure just yet but I'm hearing pj Kinsella may be involved

Cruyff
20/08/2016, 2:18 PM
Pj Kinsella and Brian Barry

southern kid
20/08/2016, 7:13 PM
Oh my God!!!!

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2016, 7:17 PM
Pj is well known. Good manager. Don't know the other lad though? Best of luck to them

robotwarsfan
20/08/2016, 8:44 PM
Did anybody notice on the league website st itas are in division 1 and granagh division 2, when you look at the tables?

nathanbrown
20/08/2016, 8:49 PM
I'm fairly confident you do know the other lad ballistinian lad, a lot more than you might let on. Tried his hand at refereeing and wasn't actually that bad. Definitely not management material though. Can't see our best players playing for them

I think rathkeale will win premier this year. Shannonside to win division 1. I hear rockhill have no team, these players will surely filter to granagh team making them very strong and potential promotion candidates. Ak utd and pallaskenry to go down. Breska were in the running for promotion last season and just gave up, I'd say they're happy staying where they are. Don't see kildimo doing much either

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2016, 9:04 PM
I didnt but I found out one of the lads played for him for Pallaskenry before. Young lad. Done well with Pallas. Kept them up. Went to Ballysteen and was part of the team that won the league and sheild double. A bit too nice he said though. Struggles to criticise players.
I would argue that the best players should be proud to represent the league and it shouldn't matter who's over them.
I hope they do well. They have put themselves forwards when no one else would

Cruyff
21/08/2016, 7:52 AM
Premier Division
Winners: Abbeyfeale
Runners Up: Rathkeale/Newcastle AFC

Division 1
Winners: Shannonside
Runners Up: Kildimo Utd

Division 2
Winners: St Ita's
Runners Up: Askeaton/Ballysteen

Division 3
Winners: Newcastle B
Runners Up: Ferry Rangers/Creeves

Johnnie C
21/08/2016, 12:55 PM
Division 1: Feenagh 2 Glantine 3

sweeper
24/08/2016, 2:10 AM
Pj is well known. Good manager. Don't know the other lad though? Best of luck to them

Jaysus lad,95% of your posts are about either pallas or ballysteen and you never heard of brian barry,gas man.

Ballistinianlad
24/08/2016, 8:36 AM
Jaysus lad,95% of your posts are about either pallas or ballysteen and you never heard of brian barry,gas man.

Didn't want to seem bias really lad ha. Used to play for both teams until the cruciate gave up on me. Only played for him for Pallaskenry though. Long time ago now.

Ballistinianlad
24/08/2016, 8:37 AM
Any club have any run in with the new rules yet?

The Enforcer
24/08/2016, 10:02 AM
I'm fairly confident you do know the other lad ballistinian lad, a lot more than you might let on. Tried his hand at refereeing and wasn't actually that bad. Definitely not management material though. Can't see our best players playing for them

Who are our best players/team these days lads. The majority of the team that played Oscar Traynor for the past 10 years are gone

runinglate
24/08/2016, 10:28 AM
Ballistinianlad come out of the fog, you must think we camedown in the last shower. With a name like that and your post you are clearlysomeone who has been involved in Ballysteen and in Pallaskenry, so I am prettysure you must have had plenty of contact with one of our new interleague management.

Regardless best of luck to the two new lads involved withthe team, I think everyone here agree we should be entering the Oscar Traynor. It’snot as if anyone else was willing to give the time. They now have the difficulttask of getting the best players within the league to play for them. It will bevital to centralise training so that players will be willing to travel for training.

As said by poster above, who would be good enough to makethe squad?

You would have to feel for the referee’s with the new rulesFifa have really backed them into a corner with these one, I haven’t seen agame this year with it. But if the premier league was anything to go on lastweek, it will certainly be fun.

Ballistinianlad
24/08/2016, 11:07 AM
Ballistinianlad come out of the fog, you must think we camedown in the last shower. With a name like that and your post you are clearlysomeone who has been involved in Ballysteen and in Pallaskenry, so I am prettysure you must have had plenty of contact with one of our new interleague management.

Regardless best of luck to the two new lads involved withthe team, I think everyone here agree we should be entering the Oscar Traynor. It’snot as if anyone else was willing to give the time. They now have the difficulttask of getting the best players within the league to play for them. It will bevital to centralise training so that players will be willing to travel for training.

As said by poster above, who would be good enough to makethe squad?

You would have to feel for the referee’s with the new rulesFifa have really backed them into a corner with these one, I haven’t seen agame this year with it. But if the premier league was anything to go on lastweek, it will certainly be fun.

I think the hardest task is getting the best players to commit to it imo. Joyce from ncw rovers would be a shoe in I would imagine. Players like Keith hartnett from Rathkeale could add vital experience. There's several quality lads in premier. But getting them to commit has been an issue the last few years.
Best of luck to the two lads anyway. Kinsella has been in the game a long time and it's good to see a young lad willing to put his hand up. Regardless who it is.

old man
24/08/2016, 2:34 PM
Best of luck 2 PJ and Brian.nobody eles wanted 2 do it.I think everyone should get behind them

robotwarsfan
27/08/2016, 7:37 PM
Any predictions for tomorrows games?

snafu
28/08/2016, 11:54 PM
Whats going on with Newcastle West anyone? Lost to both promoted teams already.

sexyfootball
29/08/2016, 10:32 AM
Rathkeale gave Ballingarry some beating... anyone know what happened there?
Newcastle West losing their first 2 games, bit of a shock to me... I know Tony Quaid is injured and obviously a huge loss but still very surprising results, not sure what's happening there.

Great to hear the Oscar Traynor is back too... considering we won the competition not so long ago! Best of luck to the 2 lads, hopefully they get the commitment!

Ballistinianlad
07/09/2016, 12:46 PM
FAI JUNIOR CHALLENGE CUP 2016-2017
IN ASSOCATION WITH AVIVA & UMBRO
Clare, Desmond, Kerry.
Carrig Celtic​​​v​​Turnpike Rovers
Killarney Celtic​​​v​​Newcastle West FC
Athea Utd​​​v​​Tralee Dynamoes
Shannon Olympic​​v​​Shannon Town or Fenit Samphiries
Inter Kenmare FC​​v​​Rineanna Rovers
Newmarket Cel​​​v​​Ennis Town B
Mitchels Ave FC​​v​​Askeaton FC
Killarney Ath​​​v​​Ballyheighue Ath
Sporting Ennistymon​​v​​Moher Celtic
Coole FC​​​v​​Shannonside Utd
Glin Rovers​​​v​​Bridge Celtic
Avenue Utd​​​v​​Newcastle West Rovers
Killeaney FC​​​v​​Ballingarry FC
Dingle Bay Rovers​​v​​Granagh Utd
Castleisland FC​​​v​​St. Brendans Park FC
Bridge Utd​​​v​​Broadford Utd
Mastergeahy FC​​v​​Classic FC
Corofin Harps FC​​v​​Ennis Town A
Rathkeale FC​​​v​​Abbeyfeale Utd
Ballysteen FC​​​v​​Listowel Celtic

Johnnie C
09/09/2016, 1:03 PM
MUNSTER JUNIOR CUP
Preliminary Round Draw
Adare Utd v Ballysteen
Rockhill Rovers v Rathkeale
Newcastlewest AFC v Shannonside Utd

1st Round Draw
Askeaton v Abbeyfeale United
Killeaney v Broadford Utd
Newcastlewest Rvs v AK United
Athea Utd v Newcastlewest AFC or Shannonside Utd
Adare Utd or Ballysteen v Carrig Celtic
Rockhill Rovers or Rathkeale v St Ita's
Glin Rovers v Kildimo Utd
Ballingarry v Glantine Rvs

2nd Round Draw
A Ballingarry or Glantine Rvs v Athea Utd or Newcastlewest AFC or Shannonside Utd
B Killeaney or Broadford Utd v Rockhill Rovers or Rathkeale or St Ita's
C Glin Rovers or Kildimo Utd v Askeaton or Abbeyfeale Utd
D Newcastlewest Rvs or AK Utd v Adare Utd or Ballysteen or Carrig Celtic

3rd Round Draw
A v B
D v C

Cruyff
12/09/2016, 8:42 AM
Did many turn out for OT trial last Wednesday night?

limerick4liam
16/09/2016, 9:11 PM
By all accounts a good showing..Cussen(NCW) Gallagher(Ballysteen) played quiet well as did a striker from kildimo..are the rumours true that Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale are refusing to play under the current management??

Ballistinianlad
18/09/2016, 3:55 PM
Just back from holidays. Was talking to Brian at the Kildimo Pallas match. Abbeyfeale had a challenge but are sending a few and Rathkeale have a few interested but couldn't make it on the night. Two nashs. Danny Neville and Keith hartnett I think he said.
Had around 17-18 on the night

Shoot
24/09/2016, 10:22 PM
Whats gone wrong lads have ye all gone away on holidays?, i'm just back

southern kid
25/09/2016, 5:57 PM
Some big wins today for top teams.. how did the challenge go in limerick last week for Oscar traynor? What was team/panel does any know.

harry.manning
28/09/2016, 7:48 PM
http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/aaron-nunan-swaps-janesboro-pike-rovers/

southern kid
05/10/2016, 5:49 PM
How did the Oscar traynor team do v abbeyfeale last nite?

Ballistinianlad
06/10/2016, 4:09 PM
Hammered but had a fairly weak team due to injury and gaa I think.