PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor makes his Debut

Roo69
26/01/2005, 12:13 PM
Chris O’Connor continued where he left off last season by recording a clean sheet on his international debut for the Australian Under-20s today as they trounced Tonga 19-0 in a refixed second Group A game in the OFC World Youth Championship qualifiers in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands. More (http://www.braywanderers.ie/news-article.php?id=1591)

fosterdollar
26/01/2005, 12:34 PM
they trounced Tonga 19-0 in a refixed second Group A game in the OFC World Youth Championship qualifiers in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands. More (http://www.braywanderers.ie/news-article.php?id=1591)

:eek: Rugby or football? :D

Roo69
02/02/2005, 10:02 AM
Australia's Under-20 team, featuring Bray 'keeper Chris O'Connor, have qualified to take part in the World Youth Championships in the Netherlands next June.

They won the Oceania U-20 Championship 3-0 today after their game against host team the Solomon Islands was abandoned in the 77th minute as a result of crowd violence.

Australia never really looked comfortable despite going into an early lead, but crowd behaviour became the main issue and the referee had to stop play when the crowd entered the field due to disturbances within the spectator area.

Once this was brought under control the game was restarted, but it was finally abandoned in the 77th minute on the advice of the local Assistant Police Commissioner and after consultation with the OFC Tournament Committee.

Australia’s goals were scored by Mark Bridge in the 8th minute with a penalty kick, Vince Lia in the 58th minute and David Williams in the 74th minute.

In the 3rd/4th place playoff, Vanuatu beat Fiji 4-1. Vanuatu also took the Fair Play trophy.

The Young Socceroos had qualified for the Final by overcoming a determined Fiji 3-2 in Honiara on Friday.

A 90th minute free kick from Kristian Sarkies gave the Australians a last-ditch winner.

They had gone ahead in the 12th minute thanks to a Mark Bridge goal after good leadup work from Stuart Musialik.

Fiji’s number 18 Tiwa equalised from a corner in the 37th minute sending the two teams into the break locked at one-all.

David Williams restored Australia’s one goal lead on 69 minutes but Fiji were back level eight minutes later when they were awarded a penalty (converted by midfielder Tuvura) for holding when the ball was crossed in from a Fijian corner.

Terry
02/02/2005, 10:18 AM
Australia's Under-20 team, featuring Bray 'keeper Chris O'Connor, have qualified to take part in the World Youth Championships in the Netherlands next June.

So he wont be available for selection for the month of june and probably a large portion of July also !! :eek: Do ye have a keeper to cover for him?

Roo69
02/02/2005, 11:05 AM
So he wont be available for selection for the month of june and probably a large portion of July also !! :eek: Do ye have a keeper to cover for him?

He'll be a MASSIVE loss to us alright, he was one of our best players last season and won young player of the year. We have brought in a bloke called Hobbart as cover form him. Have'nt seen him play so can't comment on how good/bad he is.

EnDai
15/02/2005, 2:12 PM

Course ye do :) Do you not have a few good young keepers? Was under the impression that you did.

Roo69
15/02/2005, 2:53 PM
Course ye do :) Do you not have a few good young keepers? Was under the impression that you did.

Hobbert was brought in as back up to Chris during the close season, Devo must had had a feeling this would happen as we didnt have a sub keeper once on the bench last season.

Our 21's keeper i Graham McNamee, very good young keeper. Clifford Henery i think has left the club ? but not 100% sure heard a roumer that Waterford were trying to sign him becuase he goes to college down there. Plus, according to the Bray People we still have an option on Justin Pasfield if were stuck.

Is Tony O'Dowd still without a club ?

Sheridan
15/02/2005, 3:01 PM
Clifford Henry played the second half for us against St. Pat's CY on Sunday and saved a penalty.

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 3:09 PM
Is Tony O'Dowd still without a club ?[/QUOTE]

tony o dowd is still with the drogs but is expected to be let go, top bloke, top keeper, hated bohs and wound them up to bits, hoops legend!!

EnDai
15/02/2005, 7:38 PM
Hobbert was brought in as back up to Chris during the close season, Devo must had had a feeling this would happen as we didnt have a sub keeper once on the bench last season.

Our 21's keeper i Graham McNamee, very good young keeper. Clifford Henery i think has left the club ? but not 100% sure heard a roumer that Waterford were trying to sign him becuase he goes to college down there. Plus, according to the Bray People we still have an option on Justin Pasfield if were stuck.

Is Tony O'Dowd still without a club ?

Ah right, clears it up a bit. Graham's my cous, but I got the impression he was rotating with another keeper on the 21's? I'm presuming Brays website squad page is slightly out of date then? Seems to have loads of keepers listed, or maybe its just my imagination! :D Should try and bring in O'Dowd and Morgan, hehe :)

Roo69
16/02/2005, 9:47 AM
Ah right, clears it up a bit. Graham's my cous, but I got the impression he was rotating with another keeper on the 21's? I'm presuming Brays website squad page is slightly out of date then? Seems to have loads of keepers listed, or maybe its just my imagination! :D Should try and bring in O'Dowd and Morgan, hehe :)

Graham is a very good keeper, bright future ahead of himself. 21 Slot his his own now. Web site is a little bit out of date but the new site should be up and running within the next few weeks so all will be updated. Would love to see us bring in Morgan and O'Dowd but i think finances will restrict it.

EnDai
16/02/2005, 12:03 PM
Well depending on how things go with Zayed you may have some finances available :)