PDA

View Full Version : Licencing Poll

pete
26/01/2005, 10:46 AM
Will any club get demoted or not start the season because can't get licence?

e.g. Premier club get relegated cos no Premoier licence, 1st division club drops out of league cos no 1st division licence...

Dufferlover
26/01/2005, 11:03 AM
Of course every club will eventually get a licence! It is all one big joke. If you look back on last season, I'm not talking on a financial or admistrative level, how some clubs reached the standards on he infrastructure criteria is a mystery.
The only clubs who will really push the thing during the appeal is the clubs competiting in Europe. After all the league itself has that will decide on the others not the licence committee and does anyone realisticly think that any club will be kicked out?

Macy
26/01/2005, 11:14 AM
how some clubs reached the standards on he infrastructure criteria is a mystery.
Because the FAI and Government never provided the promised (when the licencing was being proposed and passed) grants to carry out the work.

harry crumb
26/01/2005, 11:27 AM
I dont see how a club like Shamrock Rovers can get a licence.

Hibs4Ever
26/01/2005, 11:35 AM
I dont see how a club like Shamrock Rovers can get a licence.

Totally agree. Don't understand it myself. If they get one, then ANYONE could get one

wws
26/01/2005, 11:40 AM
if rovers satisfy all criteria and groundshare with a club who have a ground that satisfies the criteria (they are hoping that bohs will be this club) than they qualify - same as anyone else - whats not to understand?

how they intend clearing their tax bill and back money situation is the bit that mystifies me

pats wil be in the same boat tax wise

harry crumb
26/01/2005, 11:41 AM
exactly.

Macy
26/01/2005, 11:47 AM
how they intend clearing their tax bill and back money situation is the bit that mystifies me

Fine them both for not paying their debts. Giving them another creditor to ignore is far harsher than relegating them.... :rolleyes:

sullanefc
26/01/2005, 11:48 AM
I voted yes in the poll because I think some clubs will fail to get licences. However I don't think any club will get relegated because of it.

Dufferlover
26/01/2005, 1:15 PM
I voted yes in the poll because I think some clubs will fail to get licences. However I don't think any club will get relegated because of it.

Making the whole process void or you could call it an empty threat!

sullanefc
26/01/2005, 1:19 PM
Making the whole process void or you could call it an empty threat!

Delaney says funding won't be made to those don't have licenses. But no club gets funding anyway so it probably is a pointless process.

Dufferlover
26/01/2005, 1:24 PM
Exactly sullanefc. Clubs are getting f*ck all at the moment so getting a licence isn't going to open the funding floodgates. Sadly the EL is the poor relation in Irish sport and no licence is going to change that.

WeAreRovers
26/01/2005, 1:43 PM

That's why we're the two clubs in most bother. I'm sure the FAI will bottle it and issue licences on appeal although I'm praying that they refuse a licence to the chancers currently masquerading as SRFC.

KOH

Macy
26/01/2005, 1:53 PM
That's why we're the two clubs in most bother. I'm sure the FAI will bottle it and issue licences on appeal although I'm praying that they refuse a licence to the chancers currently masquerading as SRFC.

KOH
Going off topic slightly (Colm, feel free to split it off as far as I'm concerned), and on a general forum I feel I can comment, any reason that an AFC Shamrock Rovers movement hasn't started? From what I've read on your mb, to me it seems the only option - leave Maguire, Duncan et al to get into bed with property developers and wallow in debts of their making. You surely wouldn't be waiting that long to replace the current users of the name in the league with no millstones around your neck....

Dufferlover
26/01/2005, 1:53 PM

KOH

Rovers like to live off their history and seem to get away with it so naturally they will get a licence.

Éanna
26/01/2005, 6:59 PM
I don't think anyone will fail a licence cos the FAI will bottle it as usual and make things look even worse than they already do.