PDA

View Full Version : Wanderers fail to get Premier Division License

Roo69
25/01/2005, 3:23 PM
There was dissapointment for Bray Wanderers when the decision of the Club Licensing Committee was announced.

Although dissapointed, General Manager Jack O'Neill was in up beat mood "we are obviously dissapointed not to have made it with our initial application but we will now put together an appeal as per the process and we are confident that this will be successful. We have made huge progress since last years application and achieved Premier Division status in three of the five criteria"

Clubs have 5 days in which to lodge an appeal.

http://www.braywanderers.ie/news-article.php?id=1587
================================================== =======

A massive amount of work went into getting the application together, hopefully we can be successful on appeal. fingers crossed !

Seagull
25/01/2005, 8:14 PM
What did Wanderers fail on and how likely are we to get one now? :confused:

KK77
26/01/2005, 10:17 AM
i'd say we failed on everything starting with the Jacks sure maybe Devo will write a cheque and all the work can be completed.

Roo69
26/01/2005, 11:07 AM
i'd say we failed on everything starting with the Jacks sure maybe Devo will write a cheque and all the work can be completed.

I take it you don't know much about the developments happening soon in the Carlisle then ? New jacks should be in place over the next few months hopefully. Devo has already pumped enough money into the club, it's time for locals to start helping out !

footballplease
26/01/2005, 11:25 AM
Roo, you seem to know more than most what is going on down there. What exactly has been done to the Carlisle since the end of last season and what is the timeframe for future developments?

Roo69
26/01/2005, 11:45 AM
Roo, you seem to know more than most what is going on down there. What exactly has been done to the Carlisle since the end of last season and what is the timeframe for future developments?

As with everything in this poxy league it all depends on funding ! There should be several new things in place for the start of the new season, these come as apart of the uefa licence - i.e - new ticket office, already built and ready to open for the new season. all matches will be now all ticket affairs. new jacks, players tunnel type thingy etc....

Seagull
26/01/2005, 7:52 PM
According to the Bray People we failed on Legal and Financial criteria...

Roo69
27/01/2005, 8:27 AM
According to the Bray People we failed on Legal and Financial criteria...

Yeah saw that alright. We only got 1 out of 3 last season when we applied and 3 out of 5 this time around so the club has had big leaps forward in the past 12 months. I would be quite confident that we will get it when we appeal.