PDA

View Full Version : State of Affairs in Bray

dublinwanderer
02/07/2016, 11:49 PM
So firstly, great result today....

But, what is going on down in the Carlisle? It is a soulless kip these days....

There is no atmosphere, no sense of entertainment, the place is dead and falling apart. The current GM is running the place into the ground. Tarmac was a waste of money, Will need to be dug up if they plan on building or anything. Uncovered seats are terrible and a joke with the weeds growing through the concrete and over the back! The plywood is falling apart at the back also.

When they came in they promised improvements on and off the pitch. On the pitch hasn't got any better and off the pitch the "stadium" is crumbling....

Is this what we expect as normal now or what can be done!

PS: The GM should be sacked after his comments, shocked nothing has been done about that.

Green&whitearmy
03/07/2016, 12:57 PM
Agree 100%. I've been to most loi grounds and some in the north and although the carlisle might have more stands and facilities then some the overall appearance and vibe in the ground is awful. There's no buzz or atmosphere anymore. I'm not surprised the crowds have been terrible, who's wants to go see a bunch of players with no heart for the club in a kip of a stadium. If they said the ground would be improved when they came in, their bot fulfilling their word on this. A bit of rush tarmac behind the goal is a joke as wen it rains it will flow onto the pitch as it's not level. The place is full of delapadated run down portacabins which are pretty much falling down.

KR's Post
03/07/2016, 3:54 PM
I heard a development whisper the other night!!!

Seagull
03/07/2016, 4:01 PM
PS: The GM should be sacked after his comments, shocked nothing has been done about that.
I didn't see any sign of him at the game last night, big brother was about alright. I didn't hear how the protest march went or how many were in it. And a rainbow flag flying in the ground! I'm sure that makes everything OK.

Seagull
03/07/2016, 9:07 PM
Maciej Tarnogrodzki has resigned as u19 manager.

dublinwanderer
03/07/2016, 9:56 PM
I didn't see any sign of him at the game last night, big brother was about alright. I didn't hear how the protest march went or how many were in it. And a rainbow flag flying in the ground! I'm sure that makes everything OK.

He was there, hiding away in his little box. Rainbow flag was nice to see but still not good enough.

Glad I didnt buy a season ticket this year! #jokeshop

Seagull
29/10/2016, 12:55 PM
The Chairman, with a steward in close attendance, having a long word with some regulars in the stand before the match last night about bad language, bizarre.

KR's Post
30/10/2016, 5:03 PM
Just wondering your thoughts on bizarre? Thought was myself to be fair. It started off quite teacher pupil style but ended on ok terms i think!

Weatherman
30/10/2016, 6:09 PM
I agree with you Seagull! I thought it was very bizzare that he had a word also considering all the foul and abusive language that does be aimed at the officals and opposition players by others down towards the bowling alley end of the stand. Its all light hearted and the people around seem to get a good laugh out of it! There is never any malice involved.