PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window

Pages : [1] 2

sparkey
29/06/2016, 11:32 AM
When does the Transfer Window open in our league and do we have funds to bring players in. Or is dropping back into the First Division seen as a legitimate and acceptable cost cutting exercise.

outspoken
29/06/2016, 2:02 PM
Cousins saying he wants to bring in 1 or 2 which is laughable as we need 5 or 6. Opens on July 1st. Hopefully O'Hanlon goes back to England as well hes f*cking useless

sparkey
29/06/2016, 3:18 PM
I think first priority we need a midfielder who "likes a tackle" to add a bit of steel and help with ball retention and a decent winger. While I believe letting Rice go was the correct decision, he was not adequately replaced and we never replaced Ben Mohamed

outspoken
29/06/2016, 6:38 PM
I think first priority we need a midfielder who "likes a tackle" to add a bit of steel and help with ball retention and a decent winger. While I believe letting Rice go was the correct decision, he was not adequately replaced and we never replaced Ben Mohamed

What we need. A goalkeeper to challenge Skinner, release that Molloy chap to free up a spot. We need a new right full as Mulhall isn't the player he was in 2014 and Havo is out long term. We need a mobile centre back as Flynn and Rossiter have had shocking seasons while Gorman hasn't looked right since his injury. We need 2 out and out wingers as we have none in the current squad. We need a rice like player to put tackles in. We need another striker to replace that waster O'Hanlon. Is 7 players too many? Some would argue it's not enough

Longfordian
29/06/2016, 6:49 PM
We'll probably end up with Eric Foley and another couple of 18 and 19 year olds.

outspoken
29/06/2016, 8:14 PM
Oh Foley is a dead cert

Town Legend
29/06/2016, 9:12 PM
I hate to say I told you so but when I stated before a ball was kicked that we'd be down at the bottom scrapping for our lives I was shot down by one or two posters on here. I said we'd struggle to score goals and struggle to keep them out. One poster on here who shall remain nameless said our front 3 of O'Sullivan, O'Hanlon and Duffy would be one of the most feared strikers in the league!! What have they, 5 league goals between them!!

All I'll say on this mess is, if the board don't grow a pair and sack TC before it's too late we'll be playing the Athlone Supporters club next season.

outspoken
29/06/2016, 10:49 PM
I hate to say I told you so but when I stated before a ball was kicked that we'd be down at the bottom scrapping for our lives I was shot down by one or two posters on here. I said we'd struggle to score goals and struggle to keep them out. One poster on here who shall remain nameless said our front 3 of O'Sullivan, O'Hanlon and Duffy would be one of the most feared strikers in the league!! What have they, 5 league goals between them!!

All I'll say on this mess is, if the board don't grow a pair and sack TC before it's too late we'll be playing the Athlone Supporters club next season.

Nope il hold my hands up here I was the one who said that front 3 would be electric and they should be but sadly Duffy is getting no service he's just the new shaw, hoof it at him and expect miracles. Sully's confidence is on the floor as cousins uses him as a scape goat while O'Hanlon has the worst attitude of any Longford town player ever despite the talent and work rate he showed in 2013, he's just a totally different player these days because he thinks he's a f*cking big time Charlie.

I did say the goalkeeping situation was a major concern and that's been proven right while I also pointed out we hadn't one natural winger in the squad and that's been a major problem.

In pre season cousins threw all his eggs in one basket by playing 433 in every match and when he realised it wasn't going to work he switched between several formations before settling on the totally ridiculous one we have now.

As town legend says it's time the board and the chairman grew a pair and sacked him because i fear we won't have a single supporter left at this rate

Acornvilla
30/06/2016, 1:29 PM
Regarding Josh, I've heard from inside the camp, that he's completely disillusioned with Cousins, and regrets coming back, so I can sort of empathize with him and his crap performances, have also heard complaints about the hoofball from other players. Won't say who said what obv, don't want anyone getting in trouble :P

I'd nearly take Matthews back for the rest of the season, it'd be turgid, but we'd probably turn a few loses in to draws, and nab the odd 1-0. Keep us up, probably via the playoffs, and start again next year.

outspoken
30/06/2016, 3:04 PM
Josh hasn't performed since day one here he can blame who he wants but the fact he's back with Longford town at all says it all about where his career is going and he has no one to blame but himslef. Other players certainly have grounds to be upset with the way things have gone and that's why I can't understand why the dressing room simply don't stand up and say we've had enough

Martinho II
30/06/2016, 4:34 PM
Kevin O Connor I thought would have stepped up more and he hasnt which is disappointing. I would take Cathal Brady back in an instance. I know John Sullivan is leaving Galway would he come to us I wonder? Graham Lawlor is a huge loss to us when he was with us we were compact neat and tidy and took no prisoners. but yet again Cousins falls out with his backroom staff again. I am surprised with Gary Cronin that he wont challenge Cousins more.

nigel-harps1954
30/06/2016, 4:38 PM
John Sullivan is joining Bray from what I'm aware.

Martinho II
30/06/2016, 4:41 PM
John Sullivan is joining Bray from what I'm aware.

cheers Nigel. just show on another thread here that John and Eric Foley are training with Bray.

outspoken
30/06/2016, 4:41 PM
Bray singing a number of handy players in this window while we sit back and do nothing, again goes to show how little the club care

Martinho II
01/07/2016, 5:28 PM
piece in mirror says that we are linked with ATFC ex goalie Ryan Coulter. Wots peoples opinions of him?

nigel-harps1954
01/07/2016, 7:30 PM
piece in mirror says that we are linked with ATFC ex goalie Ryan Coulter. Wots peoples opinions of him?

Lol. That's all.

Longfordian
01/07/2016, 8:51 PM
Better bet than Molloy if nothing else.

outspoken
01/07/2016, 9:24 PM
**** me, dissolve the club now. He was at our game against bray recently so I well believe it. Ah this is Bolox.

Martinho II
03/07/2016, 4:48 PM
to be honest the only way to get rid of cousins is not go to home games. When you are not goin to home matches the club will be starved of money,bad PR will be rampant and the club will be a laughing stock. Once that takes place surely Cousins will go as Cash is King.

The Veteran
03/07/2016, 10:08 PM
That's a rediculous thing to say.So you'd like your club to get into financial difficulties? Anyone encouraging others to boycott games should be ashamed of themselves. Our Chairman has backed the manager, new players are coming, so get over it! Without the chairman Longford Town would have gone to the wall-FACT. Club have given us some great days so get behind them now when they need it most.

dahamsta
04/07/2016, 1:14 PM
That's a rediculous thing to say.

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Ridiculous

outspoken
04/07/2016, 1:26 PM
The club don't rely on gate receipts they never had so I doubt people stopping going will bother them in fact that's clear already as dozens of life time fans have stopped attending this season but the club don't give 2 f*cks. I have nothing but respect for Jim Hanley but the members of that committee (not all of them it must be said) are a waste of space.

Darklordsbane
05/07/2016, 9:23 AM
Anyone know anything about the new goal keeper Ryan Coulter,

outspoken
05/07/2016, 10:05 AM
Anyone know anything about the new goal keeper Ryan Coulter,

Was with athlone when they were relegated as sub keeper to Paul Skinner. However when Skinner made a number of howlers Coulter took his position and kept it till the end of the season after some unreal performances. Very unlucky not to keep athlone up he was superb. Earned a full time move to Sligo where he was a total disaster. Only played 7 games before being released. Was at athlone again this season but only played 3 games with everything that was going on at the club. So basically we have to hope he will put pressure on Skinner to up his performances.

The Veteran
05/07/2016, 1:09 PM
The club don't rely on gate receipts they never had so I doubt people stopping going will bother them in fact that's clear already as dozens of life time fans have stopped attending this season but the club don't give 2 f*cks. I have nothing but respect for Jim Hanley but the members of that committee (not all of them it must be said) are a waste of space.

Outspoken You don't know what you're talking about! The club need every penny they can get like most other clubs in the league. So do you think the few people that go selling club lottos on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday should stop? As regards budget or cost cutting as you call it if you were around long enough you'd realise the club was in a serious financial situation in 07 (which I'm not going into detail on) there's also a mortgage on the ground which was interest only for a time. Structures have been put in place to help the club going forward and sticking to the budget is the most important one. The "supporter's" out there that have a chip on there shoulder over flares need to grow up. They have cost Longford Town money in fines already and continue to do damage with there negative opinions on social media. Jim Hanly and committee have put there hands in there pockets many times to keep Longford in business . The only thing the club is guilty of is keeping there business personal and standing by a manager they belief will get us to safety . The day Jim Hanly walks away from Longford Town will be a sad day

Martinho II
05/07/2016, 3:49 PM
Was with athlone when they were relegated as sub keeper to Paul Skinner. However when Skinner made a number of howlers Coulter took his position and kept it till the end of the season after some unreal performances. Very unlucky not to keep athlone up he was superb. Earned a full time move to Sligo where he was a total disaster. Only played 7 games before being released. Was at athlone again this season but only played 3 games with everything that was going on at the club. So basically we have to hope he will put pressure on Skinner to up his performances.

he was with dundalk in 09 played one game and then went across the water to college football. We will more than likely see his dad at games who is the famous singer/singer Phil Coulter from Derry!

outspoken
05/07/2016, 4:58 PM
So we've signed another kid from England.....

Longfordian
05/07/2016, 5:11 PM
Yes, Eddie Dsane formerly of Preston and Fleetwood. 19 year old English lad according to Google. Seems a bit random but you never know he could be decent. Goes without saying that we need a few more in, wherever we can get them from.

outspoken
05/07/2016, 9:04 PM
Seems like a big lad so hopefully at the very least he throws himself around and that should go along way to helping him settle unlike other signings from England we've made recently.

sparkey
06/07/2016, 1:04 PM
To be fair the last well known striker to come out of Fleetwood Town hasn’t done too badly for himself.
But realistically can we really expect a player that has been let go by Fleetwood in February this year to come into the LOI and set it alight? .....Nope don't think so.

outspoken
06/07/2016, 1:15 PM
To be fair the last well known striker to come out of Fleetwood Town hasn’t done too badly for himself.
But realistically can we really expect a player that has been let go by Fleetwood in February this year to come into the LOI and set it alight? .....Nope don't think so.

Fleetwood developmental side I would like to point out

L.T.F.C.
06/07/2016, 1:33 PM
Rossitor gone by mutual consent.

DOC1982
06/07/2016, 1:36 PM
Badly need a commanding centre half in there. 4 goals last night from 4 headers. We have no centre half who is commanding in the air. And needs to be in place by the Derry game.

outspoken
06/07/2016, 1:54 PM
Badly need a commanding centre half in there. 4 goals last night from 4 headers. We have no centre half who is commanding in the air. And needs to be in place by the Derry game.

That is about to be rectified according to what I've been told by a very reliable source who had informed me earlier today Rossi would be on his way out. Rossi was a gent but has hardly played this season so makes sense to clear up some funds for this new defender. Also told we are in the market for a midfielder

Longfordian
06/07/2016, 4:34 PM
Leixlip United were asking people on their Facebook if they would be willing to put up "1 or 2" players LTFC are bringing over from the UK for the rest of the season. Ideally families who would give them their meals. So sounds like there are more imports on the way. Suspect Phil Munnelly may have a hand in this as he has a lot of contacts over there.

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2016, 6:44 PM
Couldn't they get a house in Longford?

I don't understand Longford having a nice training facility and doing their training in Leixlip.

Longfordian
06/07/2016, 7:03 PM
Suppose they could but they'd have to live in Longford. Not much to do there in fairness apart from boozing.

As regards training we'd be at a disadvantage to the teams we'd be competing with for players if they have to travel to Longford three nights a week plus every second Saturday. We'd have to pay a lot more to make up for it. The population base around Longford wouldn't sustain a competitive LOI team in either division. We tried it for a while when Aaron Callaghan was manager.

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2016, 7:39 PM
Could be argued that it builds continuity though. Hardly productive to have to ask an entire squad of players to travel an hour and a half to get to their own home games either?

Longfordian
06/07/2016, 7:53 PM
It's not ideal, no, but travelling on a Saturday afternoon is a lot less hassle than doing it midweek after work.

outspoken
06/07/2016, 7:58 PM
I've no problem with the club training in Dublin, it helps attract players from around the capital. Wouldn't be any point in living in Longford and having to go to Dublin to train. As also mentioned localally based players have often had a habit of ''lushing''

nigel-harps1954
06/07/2016, 8:01 PM
But surely there's more score for them to go for a few pints in Dublin where they're less likely to be spotted? At least in Longford they'd know they're in the public eye a little easier in a small town.

Longfordian
06/07/2016, 8:14 PM
They wouldn't be as likely to go boozing purely out of boredom if they were in a place with more amenities. At the end of the day if they want to go boozing they will but there's really not a lot else to do in Longford unfortunately.

Mister X
07/07/2016, 7:45 PM
Jim Hanly and committee have put there hands in there pockets many times to keep Longford in business . The only thing the club is guilty of is keeping there business personal and standing by a manager they belief will get us to safety .

Just because they have invested money in the club doesn't mean they should have a free reign. Supporters make sacrifices each week to go to games and spend their hard earned cash and what have they been rewarded with this season, 1 away win.
When a team only earns 2 points in-front of a home crowd and off field promotions are pretty much non existent, of course the crowds will dwindle.

As for belief in the manager, why keep him now? if by some miracle we do stay up how do you keep him on for next year regardless. There is no way another manager coming in at this stage could do any worse, one win and that's more more than Tony has got us in the last 17 games..

Martinho II
08/07/2016, 4:14 PM
Just because they have invested money in the club doesn't mean they should have a free reign. Supporters make sacrifices each week to go to games and spend their hard earned cash and what have they been rewarded with this season, 1 away win.
When a team only earns 2 points in-front of a home crowd and off field promotions are pretty much non existent, of course the crowds will dwindle.

As for belief in the manager, why keep him now? if by some miracle we do stay up how do you keep him on for next year regardless. There is no way another manager coming in at this stage could do any worse, one win and that's more more than Tony has got us in the last 17 games..

cousins has pedigree for crap home form .saw from a galway poster on another forum here that the reason cousins got the bullet there was that they didnt win their 1st home game until august that yr!

outspoken
12/07/2016, 7:08 PM
Cowan and McKeown gone now it seems. No surprise he's let McKeown on as the two clearly didn't get along, not that McKeown was in the wrong. Never got a chance. Cousins is a disgrace

hollocaine
12/07/2016, 7:16 PM
Oh FFS. Manager releases/loans out (?) two fringe players to free up space for new arrivals and he's a 'disgrace'!

Cowan has been brutal and McKeown is too lightweight to play centre mid (especially in a relegation dogfight).

L.T.F.C.
12/07/2016, 9:50 PM
Space for who?

outspoken
12/07/2016, 10:08 PM
Panic avoided we just farmed the boys out to Drogheda for one night only. What a joke we have become.

The Veteran
13/07/2016, 1:59 PM
Panic avoided we just farmed the boys out to Drogheda for one night only. What a joke we have become.

So we're a joke for getting a bit of game time for 2 lads that need it?! Maybe some of the supporters on here are the joke for constantly running down the club and the people running it

Martinho II
13/07/2016, 10:52 PM

even Alan Cawley mentioned this on game on tonight! wot was this row with McKeown about?