PDA

View Full Version : K.F.C. ad on the telly

Pages : [1] 2

the 12 th man
25/01/2005, 7:32 AM
i know we've had threads about radio ads before but its all i can do to stop myself putting the boot through the tv when it comes on.

guy asking a girl for a bit of her burger in a song.she then replies in the same way.

truely has to be the worst ad ever.come back harvey norman all is forgiven :D

dahamsta
25/01/2005, 9:02 AM
You must be clucking crazy!

pete
25/01/2005, 9:19 AM
If you remember enough about the ad to post a thread on it then it probably has achieved its purpose...?

the 12 th man
25/01/2005, 9:23 AM
If you remember enough about the ad to post a thread on it then it probably has achieved its purpose...?

granted ,but have you actually seen the ad............arghhhhhhhhhhh :D

galwaygirl
25/01/2005, 9:34 AM
granted ,but have you actually seen the ad............arghhhhhhhhhhh :D

Have to agree with you 12th man, i cant stand the ad.

I know the only achievement it made with me is putting me off KFC for life :D

$Leon$
25/01/2005, 9:49 AM
I know the only achievement it made with me is putting me off KFC for life :D

you've obviously never had a zinger tower

drinkfeckarse
25/01/2005, 9:51 AM
you've obviously never had a zinger tower

Mmmmmm *drooling*

Ruairi
25/01/2005, 9:53 AM
I thoght it was funny...

$Leon$
25/01/2005, 9:54 AM
Mmmmmm *drooling*

the sight of those adds just makes me wanna drive to da blanch to da drive thru. dangerous place to go but its worth it. is der any other kfc's around?

razor
25/01/2005, 12:30 PM
the sight of those adds just makes me wanna drive to da blanch to da drive thru. dangerous place to go but its worth it. is der any other kfc's around?
Yeah, theres one in Little Island, bit of a drive though.

$Leon$
25/01/2005, 1:01 PM
Yeah, theres one in Little Island, bit of a drive though.

guessin thats in cork ?
handier to go to da blanch.
its a drive thru as well pro safer get da grub and get outta der QUICK

Roo69
25/01/2005, 1:11 PM
guessin thats in cork ?
handier to go to da blanch.
its a drive thru as well pro safer get da grub and get outta der QUICK

One in Bray as well. **** ad btw

$Leon$
25/01/2005, 3:13 PM
One in Bray as well. **** ad btw

are u mad i value my car!!!!!!! :eek:

Roo69
25/01/2005, 3:21 PM
are u mad i value my car!!!!!!! :eek:

And you want to go to the blanch in it ? ya dont value it that much ! :D

$Leon$
25/01/2005, 3:22 PM
And you want to go to the blanch in it ? ya dont value it that much ! :D

what i'm tryin to say is that its safer in the blanch than in bray

lopez
25/01/2005, 3:52 PM
i know we've had threads about radio ads before but its all i can do to stop myself putting the boot through the tv when it comes on. guy asking a girl for a bit of her burger in a song.she then replies in the same way. truely has to be the worst ad ever.come back harvey norman all is forgiven :D Forgive me father, but I have to disagree. One of the funniest ads I've seen (I presume you've also witnessed the punk with his 'slap-head' dad), and I'm speaking as someone that's put the Colonel's rats on the banned list ever since Dubya invaded Iraq.

fosterdollar
25/01/2005, 4:38 PM
What about the Visit NI ads with the colourful people :rolleyes: explaining in mime what they've been doing. All during the ad you can't help wondering what the F**k is this costing and who managed to scam the money out of whoever paid for it.

finlma
25/01/2005, 7:23 PM
I haven't seen the add but KFC must have a policy of crap adds around the world. Here in New Zealand they have an add where a guy forgets his girlfriends birthday and he makes up to her by bringing round a KFC dinner. She of course is delighted.

I must try that one with my girlfriend. Probably get a drumstick across the face.

the 12 th man
25/01/2005, 7:46 PM
where a guy forgets his girlfriends birthday and he makes up to her by bringing round a KFC dinner. She of course is delighted.

I must try that one with my girlfriend. Probably get a drumstick across the face.

i can think of somewhere else she might stick it if you dared do such a thing. :eek: (the sun don't shine there)

ps lopez :ain't seen that one,have you got the stomach to describe it ? :D

pps:great name for the "finger licken" product by colonel bilko :eek: :D

CollegeTillIDie
25/01/2005, 8:28 PM
I thought the ad was mildly humourous myself but each to his own.
My own favourite is the two financial heads.

She: " Morning, male next of kin!"
He : " Morning , dual income no kids spouse

She shuts fridge door and observes him eating the last yogurt in the house.

She:" Are you the sole beneficiary of that yogurt?"
He offering her a spoonful says:" there is the option of an inter-spouse transfer"
She:" I have a marginal rate of interest in that"

A voice over says" Nobody talks like that!"........
And then goes on to explain that the Financial Services need not be couched in gobbledygook.

She arrives with two dogs and asks" Will you take Terms and Conditions to the park?"
He speaks to the dogs saying " Would you like a perambulation?"
It's priceless

lopez
26/01/2005, 1:30 PM
ps lopez :ain't seen that one,have you got the stomach to describe it ? :DSame style as the other one as it is done as an American opera. Teenager walks into room with his family. Bald father goes in Dean Friedman mode: 'Hey son. What the hell is that on your head?'

Mother buts in as Denise Marsa: 'Leave him alone Chuck. Life's like a variety bucket. You like three pieces in a box. I like a crispy ziiiiiiinngeeeer!!!!! (Actually I think she says 'He likes crispy strips, you like chicken on the bone..." but what the heck?)

Flock of Seagulls boy (I think that's the aim anyway) who sounds nothing like Mike Score, buts in as God knows who: 'It's OK mom. Must be a terrible thing being married to a slaaaaaap - heeaadd!! :D

Found at least the words on here:
http://www.davidreviews.com/PlayMov...B&ID=2004120610

Peadar
26/01/2005, 1:49 PM
Flock of Seagulls boy

Is it not the girl who says that?

the 12 th man
26/01/2005, 1:54 PM
I thought the ad was mildly humourous myself but each to his own.
My own favourite is the two financial heads.

She: " Morning, male next of kin!"
He : " Morning , dual income no kids spouse

She shuts fridge door and observes him eating the last yogurt in the house.

She:" Are you the sole beneficiary of that yogurt?"
He offering her a spoonful says:" there is the option of an inter-spouse transfer"
She:" I have a marginal rate of interest in that"

A voice over says" Nobody talks like that!"........
And then goes on to explain that the Financial Services need not be couched in gobbledygook.

She arrives with two dogs and asks" Will you take Terms and Conditions to the park?"
It's priceless

yikes :eek: ,i hate that one as well :D

lopez
26/01/2005, 3:02 PM
Is it not the girl who says that?I'm sure it's a boy with the dodgy hairstyle although I can see how you mistook him for a girl. :D

piratemousey
26/01/2005, 3:24 PM
dont know how any of you lot can eat re-constituted chicken.

Peadar
26/01/2005, 3:29 PM
It's priceless

I thought that was a very clever ad and it certainly never made me change channel.

I think the worst ad category is for female sanitary products.
Do women not feel very patronised by the crap they churn out?

dahamsta
26/01/2005, 9:33 PM
I think the worst ad category is for female sanitary products.WHOOOA BODYFOR-ORM!

Slash/ED
26/01/2005, 10:20 PM
The worst ad is that bleedin' car ad with the kids acting like adults. feckin rubbish and has been done a million times before.

piratemousey
26/01/2005, 10:26 PM
the capitol of culture ad was cringe-inducing crap also

razor
27/01/2005, 8:15 AM
The worst ad is that bleedin' car ad with the kids acting like adults. feckin rubbish and has been done a million times before.
I think that ad is hilarious.
"Mornin George"
"Mornin"
and then the punch line "Someone hasn't been to the toilet" brilliant

Macy
27/01/2005, 8:51 AM
the capitol of culture ad was cringe-inducing crap also
That minger who has to do the hand movements? Shít add....

Best one at the moment is the Transformer car add.

Don't mind the Financial one, but then I quite like Tara Flynn...

$Leon$
27/01/2005, 10:07 AM
Don't mind the Financial one, but then I quite like Tara Flynn...

who???

Macy
27/01/2005, 10:10 AM
who???
Actress/Comedienne who is the mot in that ad.

fosterdollar
27/01/2005, 10:12 AM
Tara Flynn...

hehe she's a cracker alright.

$Leon$
27/01/2005, 10:14 AM

wouldn't go that far

Peadar
27/01/2005, 10:16 AM
Best one at the moment is the Transformer car add.

I loved the Peugeot ad where the guy in India does a spot of panel beating to make his HM Ambassador look like a 307? Then he goes cruisin' with his homies. :D Classic!

Macy
27/01/2005, 10:20 AM
Seen her doing stand up and improv a fair few times, so it's not just about looks. I'm deeper than that :D

the 12 th man
27/01/2005, 10:35 AM
I loved the Peugeot ad where the guy in India does a spot of panel beating to make his HM Ambassador look like a 307? Then he goes cruisin' with his homies. :D Classic!

great ad alright.
i wonder what peugeot would think if say bmw or mercedes bashed up one of their 307s to transform it in to a beemer :D

Peadar
27/01/2005, 10:42 AM
i wonder what peugeot would think if say bmw or mercedes bashed up one of their 307s to transform it in to a beemer :D

Agreed but I'm sure HM saw the funny side of it.
They know that they have the market sewen up in India.

Babysis
27/01/2005, 4:35 PM
Keep an eye out for the new Volkswagon golf GTi Advert.
http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1168859,00.html

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2005, 8:26 PM
wouldn't go that far

By Irish standards she is an uber babe ! :p

Éanna
02/02/2005, 11:32 PM
not that I had much intention of going there anyway, but I definitely won't now. That ad is without doubt THE most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life. Awful. Worse than an american talking

Maz
03/02/2005, 9:53 AM
Absolutely love the KFC ad.........priceless!

the 12 th man
03/02/2005, 11:02 AM
Absolutely love the KFC ad.........priceless!

you're havin us on :eek: ...what about the guy in the background ....just casually eating his burger while the other two "go at it" hammer & tongs :D

Risteard
03/02/2005, 12:41 PM
open in Mahon

fosterdollar
03/02/2005, 1:21 PM
open in Mahon
Tis is a black day for Cork.

God help us all...

Risteard
03/02/2005, 2:21 PM
What about the golden arches?

Very sad. :( :mad:

Maz
04/02/2005, 6:37 PM
you're havin us on :eek: ...what about the guy in the background ....just casually eating his burger while the other two "go at it" hammer & tongs :D

He cant sing so he just eats! and he knew the KFC mini fillet burger was one euro 60 cent, so he didnt need sandra to get him one! :p

Pauro 76
05/02/2005, 9:57 AM
Is that the Got Chicken, Got Soul ad? Does having a KFC make me want to burst into song? Ehhh nooo... But by far the most excruciating one is the ad on all the music channels. Yes, THAT ONE! Crazy Frog, whoever invented him should be locked in his living room for 5 years and forced to listen to his adverts. Forever.

Maz
05/02/2005, 10:00 AM
Is that the Got Chicken, Got Soul ad? Does having a KFC make me want to burst into song? Ehhh nooo... But by far the most excruciating one is the ad on all the music channels. Yes, THAT ONE! Crazy Frog, whoever invented him should be locked in his living room for 5 years and forced to listen to his adverts. Forever.

gotta say i love that one too.....