PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Junior Soccer

Don Vito
24/01/2005, 7:30 PM
Anyone out there have any views on the state of the laegue lately?

CousinSylDolan
25/01/2005, 4:33 PM

Would you have any info on Evergreen in the Kilkenny lg. Are they strong this year??????

Bluebeard
26/01/2005, 2:19 PM

Haven't a clue - last time I heard Ross Celtic had been very strong, but that's a few years back now - I remember them beating Fairview Rangers in the FAI Junior Cup semi in Ozier Park ten years ago. They won 2-0 but were hammered by a strong Clonmel team in the final.

Anyone seen the Wexford People lately, or will one of us have to go into Easons and get hold of a copy?

cmcshane
04/02/2005, 4:32 PM
This year St.Cormac's look like the side to beat ( well I play for them so I would be slightly biased ).....They're unbeaten in the league, having played 7, won 6 and drawn one. The reason they've played so few league games is because of their F.A.I and Leinster Junior cup runs. We were knocked out in the last 32 of the F.A.I 1-0 by a strong Killester side, and we missed a peno in the last minute as well. We;re playing Usher in the last 16 of the Leinster Junior in a few weeks as well......As for the state of the lague in general, the strongest sides would be New Ross Celtic, Ajax, Wexford Bohs and North End. The Oscar Traynor team is pretty strong as well ,and won their group to qualify for the next round......If you need any more specific info let me know... :) :)

cmcshane
04/02/2005, 4:35 PM
In relation to Evergreen they're supposed to be pretty strong this year, having just re-joined the Junior ranks from Intermediate. However, the Kilkenny teams are not doing as well as usual this year, with the likes of Freebooters etc. already all knocked out of the F.A.I and Lenister competitions.....

Don Vito
05/02/2005, 8:39 PM
I think the league os going quite well lately. Must be one of the biggest leagues in the country at this stage with somethin like 9 divisions. Great to see alot of clubs are really getting their acts together as reagrds facilities too, Crossabeg have a great set up and there's loads of clubs with developments in progress.

cmcshane
08/02/2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, have to admit the facilities in a lot of the Wexford clubs are top-class. St.Cormac's, New Ross Celtic, Rosslare Rangers have particularly good set-upss. I also saw a big sign coming into Wexford where there is going to be a new Wexford Youths complex. No doubt Mick Wallace will have a big-hand in this. I've never met him, but his commitment to soccer, especially at underage level is second to none. If only there were more rich builders with a passion like his for giving back to society, Ireland would be in a far better state....

JoeSemi
12/02/2005, 3:29 PM
Yeah, have to admit the facilities in a lot of the Wexford clubs are top-class. St.Cormac's, New Ross Celtic, Rosslare Rangers have particularly good set-upss. I also saw a big sign coming into Wexford where there is going to be a new Wexford Youths complex. No doubt Mick Wallace will have a big-hand in this. I've never met him, but his commitment to soccer, especially at underage level is second to none. If only there were more rich builders with a passion like his for giving back to society, Ireland would be in a far better state....

Yeah and underage Wexford teams would be in a far better state if he allowed some people with a bit of expertise in coaching to have an input- instead of him hogging the limelight all the time. There's little doubt his heart is in the right place, but his head might not be at times.

cmcshane
14/02/2005, 10:05 AM
A good point alright as I was only speaking to a player last night who played with the youths for the last few years who said the exact same thing....Basically, that as far as backing and enthusiasm for the game there is none better than Wallace, but coaching and training left a lot to be desired....If the youth set-up is to progress perhaps it's time some money was invested in a qualified coach...God knows there's bucket loads of naturally talented youngsters in the county, who would only benefit from a more professional set-up....

bluesgirl
14/03/2005, 5:40 PM
Hi Mick,
Just wondering if there is any truth in you buying into waterford united. I think it would be great if you did, i'm from wexford but having been living in waterford for last 6 years, I support the blues and can honestly say that the current chairman ger o brien is a complete ass. So fingers crossed its true :confused:

Wexford youth
21/03/2005, 2:27 PM
A good point alright as I was only speaking to a player last night who played with the youths for the last few years who said the exact same thing....Basically, that as far as backing and enthusiasm for the game there is none better than Wallace, but coaching and training left a lot to be desired....If the youth set-up is to progress perhaps it's time some money was invested in a qualified coach...God knows there's bucket loads of naturally talented youngsters in the county, who would only benefit from a more professional set-up.... The youth set up in wexford would be no-where if it wasnt for mick and his love of wexford soccer. if it were left to the wexford league who dont even have there own pitch!! we would prob be gettin togged out under a ditch! Where as mick has already invested in 1.5million in a development.And where as coaching is concerned were already in the quarter finals this year if the inter co youths and have successfully beatin good teams with so called "quailfied coaches". The proof is in the pudding!!

cmcshane
22/03/2005, 10:12 AM
Wexford Youth, I think we're both coming from the same side here, if you'll see my previous post regarding Mick....

I also saw a big sign coming into Wexford where there is going to be a new Wexford Youths complex. No doubt Mick Wallace will have a big-hand in this. I've never met him, but his commitment to soccer, especially at underage level is second to none. If only there were more rich builders with a passion like his for giving back to society, Ireland would be in a far better state....

In general in Wexford though I feel that a lot of the coaching leaves a lot to be desired...This does not take away from the commitment or the enthusiasm of the mangers/coaches, as God knows it's a tough job, but I think that the abundance of naturally talented young players would only benefit from an increased emphasis on coaching. True the youths are in the quarters against DDSL and the Oscar Traynor's are in the semi's against AUL. This I feel is down to the quality of the players, and not necessarily the coaching style of the respective managers....But the game is only young in the county and I'm sure with this increased success that over time these things will come. Already we're seeing that a lot of the clubs are developing their facilities, which is a sign that the game is growing and moving forward....As for Mick we both know that his passion and commitment to the game are second to none, and without doubt he is a major driving force in moving soccer in the county forward......Oh by the way, I play in the Wexford League so I know all about the training and coaching and rate it as a pretty good league, but I've played for years before in the LSL where I have to say the training was of a higher standard, and players were educated more about their roles in the team, formations, what's expected of them etc....I would just like to see more emphasis placed on these things in Wexford, as it would only help to move soccer forward even more.....These things can only benefit already naturally talented players.... :) :)

Jacks Hammer
22/03/2005, 1:03 PM
Well said cmcshane. Well said indeed. :D :D :ball: :ball:

Jacks Hammer
22/03/2005, 2:22 PM
I've no idea what your talking about. The only penchant I have is for Football, no matter where it's played. What the hell is House, and lemon for that matter, Up Cormac's!.... :cool: :cool:

Wexford youth
23/03/2005, 9:20 PM
Yes i do agree with u that alot of the coaching in wexford leaves alot to be desired.and i take it that u would agree that there are only a hand full of good coaches in wexford, Jack stafford for example who is doing great work with the wexford schoolboys academy which i captined for 2 and a half years. But after him there is very little work been done with the league and the young talent. As far as the wexford league being a good league, standard wise! i find that hard to agree with as i to have played on the lenster soccer team!. Especially some Clubs (Managers) are not interested in the development of the younger players, and are only interested in what they can get out of them and very often resent there young players playing for there county as it restricts them form playing on a sunday with there own team and in some cases players are bullyied out of playing for ther county bye the clubs and the managers. :mad: :mad: :mad:.Back to mick how do you no that he is a bad coach if you have never meet him, yes he does take a different approach and i have to say i like it and i think his coaching is different.But its not all about running around cones and having badges. Comparing to my time with jack stafford who is a great coach i also learned alot from him but i am also learning from mick and so are the lads. What wexford needs is more people dedicated to the cause of the young players badges or no badges either you have it or you dont. :ball: :ball:

Wexford youth
23/03/2005, 9:21 PM
For Cmcshane. :) :) :)

Jacks Hammer
21/04/2005, 8:16 AM
Up the Cormac's, best team in the land!!!! Next stop FAI Junoir success..... is anyone gonna stop em? ;) ;) ;)

Wexford youth
22/04/2005, 5:37 PM
Ya there going Great-Marty Kelly is a Dream :ball: :) :ball:.With such a young team as well.

Don Vito
04/05/2005, 5:55 PM
Up the Cormac's, best team in the land!!!! Next stop FAI Junoir success..... is anyone gonna stop em? ;) ;) ;)

Did Cortown Hibs not stop them recently?!! ;) :D

cmcshane
05/05/2005, 1:14 PM
Indeedin they did beat us.....Much like Chelsea bowing out of the Champions League after winning the Premiership we didn't really come out against Hibs....There was a bit too much celebrating the first Premier title for the club on the Thursday beforehand...Not to take it away from Hibs who were the better team on the day.... :o :o

Jacks Hammer
05/05/2005, 2:56 PM
Looks like the Cormac's lads are getting as cocky as the "Special one" Jose!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Cormac's for the treble??????

cmcshane
05/05/2005, 3:08 PM
Jacks Hammer...Good to see you back in the fold....There is no chance of Cormac's getting cocky...The only thing most of the team are doing now is getting extremely drunk..Seems like most of Boolavogue is jumping on the bandwagon....As for out manager, he could be called the "special one" alright, in the same manner as one would call Colly Ford the special one ....To give you an idea of how special, he's been known to wear track suit bottoms tucked in to his white socks with a pair of blcak slip-ons to boot....Now that is special... :) :D :D

Jacks Hammer
06/05/2005, 7:24 AM
Tracksuit bottoms tucked into the socks! Again not unlike Jose the other night at Anfield. Some sources at Anfield reported a Hobo had made he way from the Chelsea dug near the end of the match :D
Again, well done Cormac's and may your celebrations be long and lively..
Any large bottles on the go ;) ;)

corduff_blanch
21/10/2005, 9:42 AM
Can You Give Me The Latest Wexford Premier Table Please? Also, Any Info On Rosslare Rangers Please? Thanks