PDA

View Full Version : The outside of Turners Cross-Manky

michaelguineys
24/01/2005, 12:26 PM
Lads,
The outside of the ground seriously needs a lick of paint.
Its manky with the dirt.
It doesnt give a very good impression to away fans or to people drivin past.
I know it belongs to the MFA but surely someone at city has realised how bad it is.
It would be great if it was painted green, red and white. ANd even a sign sayin the home of cork city fc or sumthin.
Id nearly go down and paint the place myself it looks so bad

razor
24/01/2005, 1:14 PM
Right Lads, next Saturday morning, everyone bring a tin of paint and a few rollers and we'll get crackin.
Tis definitely a disgrace.

patsh
24/01/2005, 1:39 PM
I'd be more than willing to give a hand painting the place.

Would the MFA actually agree to
1. the place being painted
2. being painted in City colours
and
3. Would HGW or some other company be prepared to sponsor a few gallons of paint?...;)

Colm
24/01/2005, 1:43 PM
I'd be more than willing to give a hand painting the place.

Would the MFA actually agree to
1. the place being painted
2. being painted in City colours
and
3. Would HGW or some other company be prepared to sponsor a few gallons of paint?...;)

I think there'd be loads of people willing to help out. The only stumbling block would be getting the MFA's approval but surely even they can see that it looks crap at the moment.

niamh
24/01/2005, 1:48 PM
Maybe the Supporters Club could approach the club and/or MFA?

Gary
24/01/2005, 1:55 PM
I thought there were plans for this anyway with the redevelopment of the Shed end?

Even the improvements made at the Derrynane corner over the past season made a big difference.

SÓC
24/01/2005, 2:08 PM
I thought there were plans for this anyway with the redevelopment of the Shed end?

Even the improvements made at the Derrynane corner over the past season made a big difference.

Yea afaik that wall is to be knocked

patsh
24/01/2005, 2:12 PM
But won't the development be another year or two?

20 - 25 gallons of paint would do the trick, it would be a minor amount to any paint company, and the place wouldn't look so depressing until the wall is knocked.
Paint the most of it green, with wide diagonal red and white stripes, and if anyone was feeling artistic, put the City and MFA crests on as well.

pete
25/01/2005, 8:55 AM
Paint wouldn't cost much if thats all stopping it especially if buy in the biggest tins. Can even have colleciton for few quid each.

patsh
25/01/2005, 10:07 AM
Paint wouldn't cost much if thats all stopping it especially if buy in the biggest tins. Can even have colleciton for few quid each.
Bang on, Pete, but I'd reckon the MFA might not like the City colours.

Colm, can you have a word with Gary, and see if the SC could get involved?

How would be permission be sought/granted, would Brian Lennox have to get involved etc. Personally speaking, I think this would be the ideal sort of thing for the SC, it might show that it can get things done and would be an excellent "first project" for the SC.

Colm
25/01/2005, 11:16 AM
Colm, can you have a word with Gary, and see if the SC could get involved?

How would be permission be sought/granted, would Brian Lennox have to get involved etc. Personally speaking, I think this would be the ideal sort of thing for the SC, it might show that it can get things done and would be an excellent "first project" for the SC.

I agree Pat, I think it would be a great idea for the SC.
I think you'd have to approach Lennox first alright and then ask him to put it to the MFA. Personally, I can see the MFA objecting just for the sake of objecting as they really seem to like making things awkward for Cork City in every way.
It's definately worth looking into though and we'd have no shortage of volunteers by the sounds of it. It would be really great to brighten the place up alright because it looks dreadful at the moment.

thecorner
25/01/2005, 5:32 PM
yes biy!

oppurtunity for a paint fight :D :D

ian
25/01/2005, 6:40 PM
The Corner you never lost it the kid in you. :)

Éanna
25/01/2005, 10:33 PM
would be a great idea alright. i'm sure we could get the money collected no bother and it would be a good boost publicity wise for the SC- get the Echo down to take a few pics?

pete
26/01/2005, 8:36 AM
Does anyone know if city passed the licencing paint section?

;)

thecorner
26/01/2005, 5:34 PM
dont think it is such a great idea. let the m.f.a. get up off their holes and paint the place... look after what is thiers

they have enough feckin money

Pablo
26/01/2005, 5:42 PM
a lick of paint and a "home of CCFC" thing would be the job.

Lets see what the SC are made of

ian
26/01/2005, 6:40 PM
Pablo I went to them when the CCISA was up and running and I was told that cork city fc hans where tide. The MFA owns the ground so cork city fc could do notting about it.

namloc
27/01/2005, 5:39 PM
check out these changes to turners x from the cork city council planning dept

http://planning.corkcity.ie/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=0226659

http://planning.corkcity.ie/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=0226660

http://planning.corkcity.ie/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=0429114

pete
27/01/2005, 5:52 PM
Interesting....Good to see plans to roof the St Annes end.

GavinZac
29/01/2005, 9:04 AM
"(b) The external boundary wall fronting
Curragh Road, shall be painted
to an agreed colour scheme within
3 months of the date of grant of
this planning permission."

one of the conditions of the contruction of the new shed. the suggestion that this happens within the first 3 months of the planning permisiion suggests they mean to the existing (manky) wall, and also, that date hyas passed :mad:

michaelguineys
02/02/2005, 12:34 PM
So did anyone from the supporters club get on to the club / mfa and ask em?

patsh
02/02/2005, 12:48 PM
I'm certainly going to bring it up at the OSC general meeting on the 19th of Feb. (Is that the right date?)

James
02/02/2005, 1:31 PM

Its a work in progress
As soon as we have word back from the club we'll set the thing in motion

But as ian earlier pointed out when he tried to this with the CCISA they were told its up to the MFA not Cork City

James
02/02/2005, 1:32 PM
I'm certainly going to bring it up at the OSC general meeting on the 19th of Feb. (Is that the right date?)

Correct patsh, Sat 19th Feb, Guarda Club, 6.30pm kick off look forward to seeing everyone there

joe
02/02/2005, 6:05 PM
a word of caution in the current climate, if this goes ahead, that is . .

be prepared for 'city fans paint stadium as club in turmoil can't afford brushes and paint' :rolleyes:

patsh
03/02/2005, 7:46 AM
a word of caution in the current climate, if this goes ahead, that is . .

be prepared for 'city fans paint stadium as club in turmoil can't afford brushes and paint' :rolleyes:
:D
:D