5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th

fosterdollar
24/01/2005, 11:57 AM
Tickets will be priced at EUR 59.50, EUR 70 and EUR 80. Assuming the 60 quid ones are up in the stands then it's a fairly heavily priced gig...

Peadar
24/01/2005, 12:09 PM
Tickets will be priced at EUR 59.50, EUR 70 and EUR 80. Assuming the 60 quid ones are up in the stands then it's a fairly heavily priced gig...

Cheaper than Madonna and far better entertainment.

Macy
24/01/2005, 12:09 PM
Tickets go on sale February 4th.

Or tomorrow for some of us...

Peadar
24/01/2005, 12:18 PM
;)

fosterdollar
24/01/2005, 1:13 PM
Cheaper than Madonna and far better entertainment.
Not if you're a Madonna fan. Anyway, I never understood why one act concerts in general cost so much when you compare them to festivals, especially the way pricesa are going in places like the Point and even the Olympia

razor
24/01/2005, 1:18 PM
Is there no Cork gig ?

aidz1
24/01/2005, 1:20 PM
is it possible to buy a ticket for a uk leg at a ticketmaster outlet in the republic??

Peadar
24/01/2005, 1:20 PM
Anyway, I never understood why one act concerts in general cost so much when you compare them to festivals, especially the way pricesa are going in places like the Point and even the Olympia

For a festival it's the organisers that pay all the logistical costs.
The bands turn up, do a reduced set, get the cheque and leave.
When a band does a tour they often have more than one tour kit i.e. stage, lights etc. so the logistical costs are far greater than a single location festival. The promoters get a nice cut too, of course.

is it possible to buy a ticket for a uk leg at a ticketmaster outlet in the republic??

ticketmaster.co.uk deliver to "Eire" addresses.

liam88
24/01/2005, 1:30 PM
I'm not missing out on this like I did on Wave Aid!
What's the number to phone on Friday?

fosterdollar
24/01/2005, 1:36 PM
For a festival it's the organisers that pay all the logistical costs.
The bands turn up, do a reduced set, get the cheque and leave.
When a band does a tour they often have more than one tour kit i.e. stage, lights etc. so the logistical costs are far greater than a single location festival.

Yeah i get all that but i don't see how tickets for gigs in the Point/RDS end up costing 30/40 quid. I appreciate the expense involved in organising an event such as U2 in Croker. Perhaps not enough effort is put into ridding unneccessary middlemen in the industry which add a lot of weight to costs. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a lack of competition in the area and/or unwritten rules specifying certain companies or people who must be used when making such arrangements.

The promoters get a nice cut too, of course.
This is a real problem. And Ticketmaster are a joke. Did Matt Cooper ever get round to covering them on the Last Word? I remember him promising to do so recently. I bought a ticket for a concert in the Point recently. EUR 30 face value. Another EUR 4.50 surcharges for credit card/i-net booking. 15 poxy percent. Rip-Off Ireland at it's best.

BTW, is it possible to buy tickets without going through ticketmaster at all??

patsh
24/01/2005, 1:49 PM
This is a real problem. And Ticketmaster are a joke. Did Matt Cooper ever get round to covering them on the Last Word? I remember him promising to do so recently. I bought a ticket for a concert in the Point recently. EUR 30 face value. Another EUR 4.50 surcharges for credit card/i-net booking. 15 poxy percent. Rip-Off Ireland at it's best.

BTW, is it possible to buy tickets without going through ticketmaster at all??

Cooper did do something....he moaned for a few minutes!
He said he went to the website to buy 4 tickets for some event, and would have had to pay a booking fee of €5.99 per ticket, even though it was one transaction. The same thing has happened to all of us.
I'd reckon theres a good few votes for anyone who could sort this out, but as we live in the age of competition in this country (HA HA HA...:rolleyes: ), I don't suppose anything can be done, except boycott the f*cking theives and get tickets elsewhere if possible.

Peadar
24/01/2005, 1:54 PM
I don't suppose anything can be done, except boycott the f*cking theives and get tickets elsewhere if possible.

It's almost impossible to do that if they're the only ticket agent for a particular gig. I've heard loads of stories from people telling me that their mate down in ticketmaster had loads of tickets put aside for them for various gigs like Madonna. People queued up all night (foolishly some might say) and within 40 minutes the signs go up to say that they're sold out.
It's one of the real areas in Ireland where corruption is rampant but seemingly unchecked!

Macy
24/01/2005, 3:28 PM
It's almost impossible to do that if they're the only ticket agent for a particular gig. I've heard loads of stories from people telling me that their mate down in ticketmaster had loads of tickets put aside for them for various gigs like Madonna. People queued up all night (foolishly some might say) and within 40 minutes the signs go up to say that they're sold out.
It's one of the real areas in Ireland where corruption is rampant but seemingly unchecked!
Ticket master agents do it all the time, despite ticket master themselves denying it. U2 at Slane the last time, Longford had sold out several days before they even went on sale, thank god for the propaganda tickets. Someone in work knows someone who works in Ticketmaster in Dublin, and she can basically get a pick of seats for any gig before they're officially on sale. :rolleyes:

aidz1
25/01/2005, 11:57 AM

any1 know for sure the layout and price equivilent of each?
assuming the stage to be about hill 16 and the cheaper tickets are for standing on the pitch?

Troy.McClure
25/01/2005, 3:20 PM

I think you mean the 31st :cool:

Peadar
25/01/2005, 3:21 PM
I think you mean the 31st :cool:

I've already corrected him on this via PM. :cool:

drinkfeckarse
25/01/2005, 3:38 PM
Shocking that they've only got 1 Irish gig :mad:

FFS Spain have 3 and Italy got 2 :mad:

Peadar
25/01/2005, 3:39 PM

And it's on a Friday FFS!
You'd nearly be better off going to Cardiff, Manchester or Twickenham.

Babysis
25/01/2005, 4:26 PM
According to a festivals site that is usually pretty close tothe mark, U2 are said to have kept the weekend of Glastonbury free, so that they can extend their dates in Dublin as soon as the one date they have announced sells out.

holidaysong
25/01/2005, 4:35 PM

FFS Spain have 3 and Italy got 2 :mad:

They will play more in Ireland. They just gota see what the demand is like first. Note they have a few days spare after the Dublin gig. They will play again the night after it! ;)

Macy
26/01/2005, 8:17 AM
They will play more in Ireland. They just gota see what the demand is like first. Note they have a few days spare after the Dublin gig. They will play again the night after it! ;)
It'll be at least 3 gigs in Dublin I reckon - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

piratemousey
26/01/2005, 3:44 PM
anyway putting the words culture and u2 and bonno in the same piece is a tad far fetched

SligoRoversfan
27/01/2005, 6:35 PM
i missed out on Slane,defo gonna go to this one!!!!

Peadar
31/01/2005, 9:14 AM
Just bought 4 tickets for Croke Park.
Charged €23.80 "handling fee." :rolleyes:
Still, I'm just glad to not have to queue outside ticketmaster overnight and then not get any tickets.

Macy
31/01/2005, 9:31 AM
Just bought 4 tickets for Croke Park.
Charged €23.80 "handling fee." :rolleyes:
Still, I'm just glad to not have to queue outside ticketmaster overnight and then not get any tickets.
Trying the resist the temptation to try for them (not that I can get on the site at the mo).... Some of my mates had problems with it timing out their applications and then still counting their access code as being used for the UK gigs last week....

Macy
31/01/2005, 10:35 AM
Trying the resist the temptation to try for them (not that I can get on the site at the mo).... Some of my mates had problems with it timing out their applications and then still counting their access code as being used for the UK gigs last week....
piece of shít website, started trying back when I posted that, still can't get through. McGuinnes/U2/Ticketmaster can stick their tickets if this is the priority treatment I'm paying for. Wánkers.

Troy.McClure
31/01/2005, 3:02 PM
Just got mine now. Got 4 for €261, + $40 to join the site, so it works out at €72.50 for each of the €59.50 tickets! Some cheating going on there along the lines (I wish they'd get done for extorsion/false advertising) but it still beats queueing up though

SligoRoversfan
31/01/2005, 5:36 PM
got mine at half ten today,they werent sold out till 2:03 pm!!!!!! wan k ers at Cafe Online wouldnt let me in,im standing too,cant FUKCING wait!!!!!!!!

Macy
01/02/2005, 8:38 AM
got mine at half ten today,they werent sold out till 2:03 pm!!!!!! wan k ers at Cafe Online wouldnt let me in,im standing too,cant FUKCING wait!!!!!!!!
Yeah but from early enough there was only the canal end, and back few rows in the Hogan and Cusack stand left. Got mine for Saturday, as I wasn't paying the money for shít seats for the Friday. All day on the beer suits better anyway... :cool:

Peadar
01/02/2005, 9:38 AM
I wasn't paying the money for shít seats for the Friday.

I'm in section 303 which is grand.
Concert Seating Map (http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/196746/10448)
Couldn't be standing at my age. ;)

Macy
01/02/2005, 10:00 AM
332 for us, again made the decision that we're all too old to be in the que all day to get in the front bit - more time to relax and drink outside is more of a priority than getting in the pit.....

Peadar
01/02/2005, 10:09 AM
more time to relax and drink outside is more of a priority than getting in the pit.....

Chalk it down!
You can get out for a leak and a beer without having to worry about fighting your way back into the front.

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 10:59 AM
It'll be at least 3 gigs in Dublin I reckon - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They will be playing 3 shows - Fri, Sat, Sunday.

Some hospitality sites already have all 3 sites listed, and as they get lots of tickets directly through 'helpful' staff at Ticketmaster you can be fairly sure they know what's going on...

tetsujin1979
01/02/2005, 12:49 PM
Any word on support acts? For Slane it was JJ72, Kelis, Coldplay and the Chili Peppers, anything along those lines again would be fantastic. Well, apart from Kelis.

fosterdollar
01/02/2005, 12:59 PM
Any word on support acts? For Slane it was JJ72, Kelis, Coldplay and the Chili Peppers, anything along those lines again would be fantastic. Well, apart from Kelis.

given that was Slane, i.e. one day festival, an only expect one maybe two support slots for U2. Snow Patrol and The Thrills were in the running for joining U2 on their European leg. AFAIK The Thrills had REM on offer as well though.

cullenswood
01/02/2005, 1:00 PM
Hope its neither of them, especially not the Thrills.

Troy.McClure
01/02/2005, 5:13 PM
Chalk it down!
You can get out for a leak and a beer without having to worry about fighting your way back into the front.

F€ck that, Im going to the pit!

Sometimes I wonder about ye old fogies! :p

Peadar
02/02/2005, 10:10 AM

Ever since the Prodigy didn't pick me to dance on the stage in City Hall I've given up pushing to the front of the stage for gigs. :D

Peadar
02/02/2005, 10:34 AM
There's something in the region of 4,000 U2 tickets for the Britain and Ireland gigs being offered on ebay.co.uk
That's not too bad I suppose, when you consider the number of tickets actually sold for the gigs.
I expect the number on ebay will rise after the weekend.
A lot of people are buying 4, keeping 2 and selling the other 2 in hopes of covering their original cost. Think you can buy 6 on Friday for the Dublin gig.
I think that's too much and only goes further to help the touts.

Macy
02/02/2005, 10:39 AM
F€ck that, Im going to the pit!

Too old to be arsed queing up from midday to get in the front is more like it. I have been right down the front in the last year or so (the youth of today haven't a clue...)

Countyman
02/02/2005, 3:41 PM
There's something in the region of 4,000 U2 tickets for the Britain and Ireland gigs being offered on ebay.co.uk
That's not too bad I suppose, when you consider the number of tickets actually sold for the gigs.
I expect the number on ebay will rise after the weekend.
A lot of people are buying 4, keeping 2 and selling the other 2 in hopes of covering their original cost. Think you can buy 6 on Friday for the Dublin gig.
I think that's too much and only goes further to help the touts.

For slane they said it was 6 per person too but when i got to the counter then I was only allowed buy 4. I turned to the guy behind me and asked him to get 2 as he was only buying 2. Its such a load of ********. Scalpers will have a field day. The amount on ebay will increase too once the initial outcry dies down.

I bought mine on Monday. I panicked and bought in the canal end corner. Took me 2 hrs and 3 credit card entries before making it so just took the seats in the end. Had to get back to work ffs. Dont mind as I was on top of the hill in slane and bono looked like a little black ant but still had a fooking blast.

They should have announced the saturday show straight off the bat instead of 2 hrs later. That was lousy.

Why didnt they just use the best block in the hogan or cusack for the presale tickets and put us all in there. Cant understand that one. 80 quid for a canal end seat is pricey but **** it .

Haven't missed them since the point in '89 so thems the breaks.

Macy
03/02/2005, 8:31 AM
They should have announced the saturday show straight off the bat instead of 2 hrs later. That was lousy.

Why didnt they just use the best block in the hogan or cusack for the presale tickets and put us all in there. Cant understand that one. 80 quid for a canal end seat is pricey but **** it .

Haven't missed them since the point in '89 so thems the breaks.
Totally agree, when I got through it was back of the canal end top teir, so I was ready to fook it off. Went for my lunch break, and the Saturday was online when I came back. Even at that stage I was close to not bothering - but fook it, decent seats, managed to swap the hotel booking.....

Much better in the Propaganda days, form sent in the post, returned with you cheque, tickets came through a few weeks later. Plus you got magazines, CD's etc rather than the so called "priority" that we get now.

Peadar
03/02/2005, 2:59 PM
I just realised that I never got a confirmation e-mail from Ticketmaster.
The money is gone onto my credit card alright though.

tetsujin1979
04/02/2005, 8:04 AM
Came into work at 7:30, no joy on the net at all, posts on boards.ie say nooone got tix over the net. Anyone get them?

cullenswood
04/02/2005, 8:10 AM
Got mine on the 0818 number at about 8:05. I think it was easier book over the phone?

James
04/02/2005, 8:27 AM
Came into work at 7:30, no joy on the net at all, posts on boards.ie say nooone got tix over the net. Anyone get them?

quite a good few in Apple here in Cork got through online
:)

Countyman
04/02/2005, 9:13 AM
On the news that 160,000 tickets shifted in 50 minutes and that there will definately be no 3rd show.

I wonder how many were sold in the pre sale.

Love em or hate em thats serious pulling power there!

Suddenly my canal end seats are looking fookin great!

Macy
04/02/2005, 10:02 AM
On the news that 160,000 tickets shifted in 50 minutes and that there will definately be no 3rd show.

Kinda puts Larry's email in perspective. Who should we blame for continued 2 shows only in Ireland then, if not the band?

James
04/02/2005, 10:04 AM
i still think we'll get a 3rd show
they announce prob in a week that due to overwhelming demand.. u2 the band of the people will give the people of ireland what they want an play a 3rd night!!

:rolleyes: