PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland Introducing Referees 'Vanishing Spray'.

nigel-harps1954
23/06/2016, 6:47 PM
About two or three years after everyone else.

The SSE Airtricity League will introduce the use of vanishing spray in the Premier Division and First Division when the league restarts on Friday, June 24th.

The vanishing spray, sponsored by Hydra Seals Hose & Bearings, will be used at both levels of SSE Airtricity League football in all fixtures for the rest of the season and beyond.

The Elite Referee panel of officials, who operate in the SSE Airtricity League, have received training with the spray ahead of its introduction this Friday.

FAI Competitions Director Fran Gavin said: "It's great that the vanishing spray will be used for the first time in the SSE Airtricity League."

Thanks to our sponsors Hydra Seals Hose & Bearings who've helped the league introduce the spray, we felt the mid-season break has given us the perfect opportunity to bring in the new measure. “I'm sure everyone will welcome its introduction and it’s another positive step in enhancing the domestic game.”

FAI’s national referee coordinator John Ward said: “We’re delighted with this development and I’ve no doubt that the introduction of the vanishing spray will benefit referees, players, and all of those watching the game."

The spray, which is supplied by Exploine Vanishing Spray, evaporates about a minute after being administered from a canister by the match official and helps prevent players from stealing ground at free-kicks.

“Since its introduction in the 2014 World Cup, we've monitored the use of the spray in other leagues and competitions around the world, including the ongoing European Championships, and we’re delighted to be able to make this forward step.”

Hydra Seals Hose & Bearings was founded in 1996 as a supplier of general hydraulic seals for the agricultural & industrial sectors, based in Dublin. For more information, head to www.hydraseals.ie (http://www.hydraseals.ie/).

patrickccfc
23/06/2016, 9:14 PM
Can you imagine having to do a training day for that, spraying in a straight line and a half circle for the ball.

disgruntled
24/06/2016, 7:54 AM
Can you imagine having to do a training day for that, spraying in a straight line and a half circle for the ball.

It must have been so hard to grasp for some of them 😱

Longfordian
24/06/2016, 8:42 AM
Great news. Will make a huge difference.

Mr A
24/06/2016, 11:12 AM
Vanishing spray is welcome, but it's vanishing clubs that is the problem.

Eminence Grise
24/06/2016, 3:22 PM
Does it really work on referees? Could we spray it on - not thinking of anyone in particular - CEOs as well? Just to see, like...

Martinho II
24/06/2016, 4:08 PM
any chance that vanishing spray can be sprayed on a certain Longford Town manager that it hurts me to mention his name as hes the biggest waste of space and hates all things noise!

outspoken
24/06/2016, 5:19 PM
any chance that vanishing spray can be sprayed on a certain Longford Town manager that it hurts me to mention his name as hes the biggest waste of space and hates all things noise!

Haha brilliant