PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season Friendlies

kevincronin2000
02/01/2005, 11:45 PM
I see Bray Wanderers are travelling to Rotterdam in Holand to play top dutch amature side leonidas :rolleyes: . After Cork City defeating nec in europe this season it is one result to keep an eye out for.

Maybe after next weeks results in the FA cup we might be able to organise a few pre-season games. I see the earlier rounds of the Munser senior Cup are under way.

eoinh
03/01/2005, 10:17 AM
we are playing kildare sometime, i read recently.

De Town
03/01/2005, 10:24 AM
I see Bray Wanderers are travelling to Rotterdam in Holand to play top dutch amature side leonidas :rolleyes:

We played them in a friendly before our first European match against Litex Lovech. 1-1 draw I think. Both teams were taking it handy enough though.

eoinh
03/01/2005, 10:26 AM
Leonidas play in Ireland very regularly. Yould see their name popping up all the time.

piratemousey
03/01/2005, 10:35 AM
you would ya.
feckin chocolate people

niamh
03/01/2005, 2:45 PM
John Creedon mentioned that City were organised the City of Culture Cup thing on his Seven Wonders of Cork programme. I wonder when those could take place?

BobtheDrog
03/01/2005, 5:18 PM
yeah we beat them 5 or 6 - 0, last season

pineapple stu
03/01/2005, 5:44 PM
Leonidas play in Ireland very regularly. Yould see their name popping up all the time.
Seen the name a few times alright - any idea why the Irish link?

piratemousey
03/01/2005, 8:52 PM
the irish cant stop buying thyre chocs!

what i saw in the Examiner a couple of months ago was that the Capitol of Culture tournement was to take place in January.
that dosnt seem to be taking place now though....youre guess is as good as mine now

jimhacker
04/01/2005, 2:31 PM
Seen the name a few times alright - any idea why the Irish link?
There was a bit about them on the Limerick forum recently - seems leoindas are owned by some company in the pharmacy business and they have some interests in Limerick.

Royfor
05/01/2005, 11:52 AM
Depending on Boltons FA cup schedule ( or lack of it) look for City to host Bolton Wanderers at The Cross early May.

Roy

pineapple stu
05/01/2005, 6:11 PM
Certainly one of the most bizarre spelling of there/their/they're I've ever seen! :eek: :p
And Leonidas chocolates are Belgian! ;)

ccfcman
07/01/2005, 9:00 AM
you would ya.
feckin chocolate people
Thats Belgium ya clown.

Gary
10/01/2005, 12:54 PM
Leeds
Ipswich
Man City
QPR
Aston Villa
Cystal Palace
Norwich

These are some of the bigger teams knocked out of the FA cup this weekend in England. Dolan said he is after some high profile friendlies before the season starts.

Im sure Villa/Leeds/Man City would be good friendlies for City to get? Should get decent gates as Villa/Leeds have big ish supports here in Cork.

God knows, rangers could be available too! ;) :p

GavinZac
10/01/2005, 1:15 PM
Leeds
Ipswich
Man City
QPR
Aston Villa
Cystal Palace
Norwich

These are some of the bigger teams knocked out of the FA cup this weekend in England. Dolan said he is after some high profile friendlies before the season starts.

Im sure Villa/Leeds/Man City would be good friendlies for City to get? Should get decent gates as Villa/Leeds have big ish supports here in Cork.

God knows, rangers could be available too! ;) :p

i'd be more interested in getting Santos of Brazil over, its their preseason too..

patsh
10/01/2005, 3:04 PM
Won't any possible friendlies be dependent on whether the MFA will give us the ground?

piratemousey
10/01/2005, 3:06 PM
''thats belgian ya clown''
very well spotted.
my word, i would never have known.
gee.
please dont try and rub me up the wrong way.

Fair_play_boy
10/01/2005, 7:16 PM

what i saw in the Examiner a couple of months ago was that the Capitol of Culture tournement was to take place in January.
that dosnt seem to be taking place now though....youre guess is as good as mine nowMost if not all of the potential sides to play in the Culture Cup are in the middle of their season. The people in the club shop said some weeks ago that it would be played in May at the earliest.

Cosmo
21/01/2005, 3:23 PM
'Don't know how much good it did though'

I'd agree with that, not a big fan of these foreign trips to 'bond' to be honest.

Pile of jock in my opinion, its hardly to 'climatise' is it?

Ah well, im sure they'll have a good time :rolleyes:

Rebal Boy
21/01/2005, 7:13 PM
I'd love to see City play a big team like Aston Villa or Man City for a pre-season friendly. I think it would be great for the club to get one of these teams over. I'd say they would be very close to a full house if they did. We'll see what happens anyway.

Royfor
22/01/2005, 12:43 PM
Further to recent post about City hosting Bolton Wanderers at The Cross depending on Boltons FA Cup campaign..look to the game taking place March /April and not May as posted

Fair_play_boy
22/01/2005, 7:33 PM
Further to recent post about City hosting Bolton Wanderers at The Cross depending on Boltons FA Cup campaign..look to the game taking place March /April and not May as posted . . . and look to a date in the first half of March if it is to be a pre-season game. The squad were told to expect the first competitive fixture of the season on March 16th, when our Setanta Cup campaign kicks off.