PDA

View Full Version : Dalyer to host cricket tournament?

A face
23/01/2005, 5:50 PM
Dalyer to host cricket tournament?

Bohemians’ Dalymount Park could host a cricket tournament during the summer after members of the Gypsies’ supporters club moved to restore the Bells Academy Cricket Club, which existed as an adjunct to the Bohs soccer club in the early years of the century.

Bells Academy CC – which took its name from the medical school many of its members attended – and Bohemian Football Club were formed in the Phoenix Park in the 1890s, and the newly refurbished Bells have been using the Civil Service Cricket Club grounds in the Park as its home venue in recent times.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthefield/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15672)

pete
23/01/2005, 5:58 PM
Back to their foreign beginnings is it ;)

dougdub
29/01/2005, 12:41 PM
I would remind you we live in a multi cultural Ireland foreign sport or not it shouldn't make a difference. Fair Play to the lads.

Remember our friends in the GAA have this attitude no need for us in the EL to develop this racist attitude.

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/01/2005, 1:35 PM
Back to their foreign beginnings is it ;)

What an ironic statement.

May I remind you that football is also a "foreign game". Its only difference to cricket is its greater popularity in this country. At a time when football and rugby fans in this country are hoping to see the taxpayers monument that is Croke Park. opened to our games, your statement is simply hypocritical.

Although Im not a cricket fan, fair play to Bohs for opening their ground to other sports people. If only the other sporting facilities on the northside of the city were as accomodating...

Duncan Gardner
26/02/2005, 10:38 AM
Excellent news. Though Dalyer's pitch might be a bit small for cricket, may even see some on my next trip northside :o

ciaran76
28/02/2005, 6:55 PM
Haven't heard much since ? :rolleyes:

ghBohs
08/03/2005, 5:10 PM
Just to confirm that this tournament IS actually going ahead. It will be in the popular Twenty/20 Format and is due to be held in Dalymount Park on the weekend of 30 April/1 May. Entry is free and the bars will be open all day. Cucumber sambos will be available also ;)

Special thanks to the groundsman at Dalymount and also to the Leinster Cricket Union for their assistance in staging this event.

More details as I get them.

gh

ciaran76
09/03/2005, 4:16 PM
Just to confirm that this tournament IS actually going ahead. It will be in the popular Twenty/20 Format and is due to be held in Dalymount Park on the weekend of 30 April/1 May. Entry is free and the bars will be open all day. Cucumber sambos will be available also ;)

Special thanks to the groundsman at Dalymount and also to the Leinster Cricket Union for their assistance in staging this event.

More details as I get them.

gh

I think i have a hair appointment that weekend something similar to the Shamrock Rovers keepers radio ad that i keeep hearing !!!
:D