PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kabia?

monzo
22/01/2005, 8:09 AM
“Jason Kabia who used to be a frequent poster played for a lot of eircom league clubs, most sh!t ones tbh.”

Where is Kabia nowdays? I remember when he used to post here.

He left after his burd had a kid (they never named it Graeme ) and then came back for a bit, but I've not seen him for ages. Last I heard he was managing someone like Cobh Ramblers or sommat.

Seen these on a another forum im a member of(around a 100 posts i have!Go me!) and got me wondering who he played for and did he manage Cobh(dave hill was their manager not so long ago iirc)?
(oh and in the same thread there’s another one that was said to have palyed for athlone and ireland!)

galwaygirl
22/01/2005, 11:50 AM
Kabia was with us for a season, think it was 99-00

Dr.Nightdub
22/01/2005, 12:15 PM
Cork the season before that I think.

A face
22/01/2005, 12:22 PM
Cork the season before that I think.

Nah ... there was about three years gap there, i think it was around that anyway.

gael353
22/01/2005, 1:06 PM
Limerick Football Club established 1937, proud to be the only munster club never to have given Jason Kabia a contract :)

Passive
22/01/2005, 1:17 PM
God, there's a blast from the past! I remember Kabia well. He played for Cork for a few years, did he not? He certainly played for them in 1998, because myself and a fellow Hoop were on the way to the World Cup when we met him on the boat. He was in his Cork City tracksuit and we gave him a bit of slagging. Seemed like a decent bloke.

pete
22/01/2005, 8:03 PM
I think he scored 2 goals on league debut for city at time when we crying out for new forward. Never kept that form up but scored in cup semi in 98 when we won it.

CollegeTillIDie
22/01/2005, 8:05 PM
He had a spell with Waterford United from 1998 to around 2001 me thinks.

Kabia kabia kabia kabia kabia kabia that's all folks. :D

jimhacker
24/01/2005, 10:22 AM
Limerick Football Club established 1937, proud to be the only munster club never to have given Jason Kabia a contract :)

Bang on! Not much of a distinction I admit but it definitely needed to be pointed out.

Kabia's goal in St Mels in the cup semi final was his sole contribution to the history of Cork City...................unless you count the "burd" I know who, although she knew he was a crap player, still insisted that he" had a lovely smile".

Troy.McClure
24/01/2005, 4:42 PM
Saw him in Centra in Douglas (Cork) on St Stephens Day with the family.
He always looked the part when playing for Cork during our spice boys days, he just never played very well! He had a great nack for slipping I remember. :o

Éanna
24/01/2005, 5:13 PM
he was with city first, then galway, waterford, kilkenny (i think?) and then ramblers. nice fella, he would have been a decent striker if he could actually shoot!

monzo
29/01/2005, 8:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. :)

GavinZac
29/01/2005, 9:07 AM
i remember hearing on the championship manager site that he was a poster. and graeme would be grame kelly, one of the SI coders, yes?

trevy
29/01/2005, 10:05 AM
He played for Waterford United too but he was poor and I don't know if he ever scored for us!

Dick Long
31/01/2005, 6:53 AM
he scored alright - with the club administrator at the time.
and was spotted with her - all this time later - at the X
for one of the City v Blues matches last season.
was alledgedly a bit of a 'dion dublin' in the dressing room too...
ooh er madam!

michaelguineys
31/01/2005, 12:26 PM
he scored alright - with the club administrator at the time.
and was spotted with her - all this time later - at the X
for one of the City v Blues matches last season.
was alledgedly a bit of a 'dion dublin' in the dressing room too...
ooh er madam!

Eh no dont think so. I know him very well. Sound fella, has 2 kids and is practically married so ur def wrong there

Dick Long
31/01/2005, 1:56 PM
His days with Waterford are long since past and what I said is true.
Him being publicly at a match in the company of more than one old friend who travelled down for it does not necessarily mean anything sinister - maybe his 'practical wife' was there too? Plausible?

monzo
06/02/2005, 8:35 AM
i remember hearing on the championship manager site that he was a poster. and graeme would be grame kelly, one of the SI coders, yes?

Yeah the SIGAMES forums,the otf section and yes it was graeme kelly :D

may i ask how you are on otf
and also theres an eircom league thread set up by yours truly so feel free to post

Réiteoir
06/02/2005, 2:09 PM

and also theres an eircom league thread set up by yours truly so feel free to post

ah yes - good work on the eL thread on teh OTF

I post in there regularly tee bee aitch

on_me_head_son
07/02/2005, 5:25 AM
Ooh aah KAB-E-A

Always liked Kabia even though he only ever scored in Sidetracks :D

In fairness to the guy he always gave 100% when he turned out for Cork City, even when a lot of fans turned against him.

Slash/ED
08/02/2005, 2:09 PM

The EL thread has gone majorly downhill since last season for some reason I've found.

GavinZac
08/02/2005, 2:28 PM

good ol' grumbo. i remember asking otf plenty of times for advice on computer stuff, and kelly would try to answer but be contradicted by all-knowing Kris Dorey.

ah i forgot i've had to change my name on these boards, I was GavinZac. dunno if im even still registered, havent been on in ages. I used to think OTF was a huge forum, but www.genmay.com and www.somethingawful.com have proven otherwise.

eL Bettor
08/02/2005, 3:33 PM
I think Kabia (who we payed £4000 for :mad: ) scored once for us in a 4-0 win over Newbridge Town in the League Cup (can anyone confirm?)

Where is he playing his footy now?

monzo
19/02/2005, 8:35 AM

wcr is it?
unforntunatly(sp) us two are the only regular people that post there.

Réiteoir
19/02/2005, 9:02 AM
wcr is it?
unforntunatly(sp) us two are the only regular people that post there.

Yeah - that'll be me :D

Been around here for ages - but have decided to post on this forum a bit more

I used to be one of the regulars on Johnny Ward's eL board

monzo
26/02/2005, 8:33 AM
was that the one that got closed down a few months ago?

Réiteoir
26/02/2005, 11:02 AM
Yes - unfortunately it had decended into abusive and drivel postings.

Used to be a superb forum to post on

onceahoop
28/02/2005, 4:25 AM
Saw Kabia in the clubhouse at Home Farm after Ramblers played Dublin City a couple of seasons ago. He stood out a mile with the razor sharp pin stripe suit he was wearing. Spice Boy.