PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Deal

Fair_play_boy
21/01/2005, 7:11 PM
Just paid for season tickets for meself and the three kids. Won't see the inside of a bar for a while; cost me more than my first car :( . Still, it helps the club with cash flow at this time of year I suppose.
Now, here is the problem. The kids like to keep all their ticket stubs. When you use your season ticket, do you still get a stub to keep?

joe
21/01/2005, 7:20 PM
When you use your season ticket, do you still get a stub to keep?

No, you just show your season ticket at the gate.

GalwayFrancis
21/01/2005, 11:50 PM
No, you just show your season ticket at the gate.

i think, irish clubs should make season tickets like (i think) barcelona. when you buy a 'season ticket' you actually buy a ticket for every match, so you can sell off a single ticket if you dont want to go, or like your kids,want to keep the stubs

A face
22/01/2005, 12:23 AM
Most Italian clubs do this aswell ..... and if you have a ticket stub from a cup game (not popular there) then you get first preferences for other comps like Europe. All season ticket holders are given tickets so everyone through the gate has a ticket, no exception. Thats for most clubs AFAIK.

MariborKev
22/01/2005, 12:28 AM
i think, irish clubs should make season tickets like (i think) barcelona. when you buy a 'season ticket' you actually buy a ticket for every match, so you can sell off a single ticket if you dont want to go, or like your kids,want to keep the stubs

This one of the options being considered by Derry this time round. Being involved in the project, the extra printing costs are a lot more than you'd think- especially when you have a thousand members who are all season ticket holders, as we have

Fair_play_boy
22/01/2005, 1:08 AM
. . . especially when you have a thousand members who are all season ticket holders, as we have1000 season ticket holders!! That is very impressive. I would say we have nowhere near that number.

thecorner
23/01/2005, 3:16 PM
the extra printing costs are a lot more than you'd think-

great point...maybe not a lot of money but surely the money could be spent better and more wisely elsewhere

Gary
23/01/2005, 5:41 PM
What are the season ticket prices?

piratemousey
23/01/2005, 10:29 PM
have a look at the official website.

James
24/01/2005, 10:43 AM
1000 season ticket holders!! That is very impressive. I would say we have nowhere near that number.

i think we have a around that number or more

Peadar
24/01/2005, 10:51 AM
Arsenal are going to use an electronic card system in their new stadium for club members and I think many other clubs will use this type of system in future.

Arsenal will incorporate a new 'entry card' system at Emirates Stadium in an effort to crack down on ticket touts.

"Entrance to the stadium will be gained by using proximity cards, which will be quicker for supporters and reduce the opportunity for ticket touts to flourish," explains Managing Director Keith Edelman.

"Unless the tout is willing to give out his electronic card for every game, he cannot sell a seat for a match. And if someone continues to lose their card and is often calling for a replacement then that will point to the fact they might not be a bona fide supporter."

jimhacker
24/01/2005, 10:51 AM
1000 season ticket holders!! That is very impressive. I would say we have nowhere near that number.

Because the season ticket deals on offer are scanty and do not really offer any sort of realistic saving

MariborKev
24/01/2005, 12:26 PM
Arsenal are going to use an electronic card system in their new stadium for club members and I think many other clubs will use this type of system in future.

Peader we investigated that system and the cost benefit for the size of our operation meant it just wasn't worthwhile at all. The price of the turnstiles to run this sort of system is horrific :eek:

niamh
24/01/2005, 12:37 PM
Because the season ticket deals on offer are scanty and do not really offer any sort of realistic saving

Yup. You need to offer some sort of decent saving.
I don't live in Cork so I'm not likely to buy one for some time but at current prices if you miss 2/3 games, you'll be making a loss so there is little point in getting one if you are not getting a specific, good seat reserved for you.

James
24/01/2005, 12:39 PM
i think we have a around that number or more

We have 1000+ season ticket holders (not sure exactly how many), so obviously some ppl see either value in it, or place a value on supporting the club as best they can

Peadar
24/01/2005, 12:49 PM
Peader we investigated that system and the cost benefit for the size of our operation meant it just wasn't worthwhile at all. The price of the turnstiles to run this sort of system is horrific :eek:

I expected that would be the case and as such, the initial outlay would restrict many clubs from implementing an electronic system but I'm sure the costs will decrease with time and it's something the UEFA are likely to push in future.

niamh
24/01/2005, 1:47 PM
We have 1000+ season ticket holders (not sure exactly how many), so obviously some ppl see either value in it, or place a value on supporting the club as best they can

So you have one then?!

conboy
24/01/2005, 2:51 PM
It's the same system here in Sweden, you get the season ticket in January and then a ticket book for the league games and the cup matches arrives in March prior to the season starting. It means you can sell on or give away an individual ticket if you can't use it yourself. Good luck boys!

James
24/01/2005, 3:05 PM
So you have one then?!

where did i say that?

joe
24/01/2005, 6:47 PM
They have the same sort of system at Manchester City. Amongst the 'teething problems' they encountered was fellas swiping the ticket, turning to their buddy to say 'what marvellous technology' before turning back to find the gate had automatically opened and then shut, and they were left standing their with a used ticket as the crowd built up behind them.

Yup. You need to offer some sort of decent saving.
I don't live in Cork so I'm not likely to buy one for some time but at current prices if you miss 2/3 games, you'll be making a loss so there is little point in getting one if you are not getting a specific, good seat reserved for you.
Why do season tickets have to offer 'realistic/decent saving?' In fact, why do they have to offer any saving at all? Buying a ticket upfront guarantees entry to matches, and you can have a reserved seat if you want. In some scenarios that would cost more than paying on the night.

As it stands a Gold season ticket (16/17 league matches) costs €190. If it's €13 a game then that would set you back €208 or €221 over a season. If it's €15 a game then it's €240 or €255. There's also the Diamond (€310) and Platinum (€500) which get you a reserved seat for all games, and whatever else, which could be anything up to 25 games.

Half that and you'd be closer to the correct figure.

James
25/01/2005, 7:23 AM
Half that and you'd be closer to the correct figure.

Just quoting what someone from the club shop / office told me thats all
tbh i didnt imagine it was that high either

niamh
25/01/2005, 12:25 PM
Why do season tickets have to offer 'realistic/decent saving?' In fact, why do they have to offer any saving at all? Buying a ticket upfront guarantees entry to matches, and you can have a reserved seat if you want. In some scenarios that would cost more than paying on the night.

As it stands a Gold season ticket (16/17 league matches) costs €190. If it's €13 a game then that would set you back €208 or €221 over a season. If it's €15 a game then it's €240 or €255. There's also the Diamond (€310) and Platinum (€500) which get you a reserved seat for all games, and whatever else, which could be anything up to 25 games.

Less people buy tickets if there is no perceived value BUt I think if we knew how many people go to the Cross for every game they can make it would be a lot closer to the number who have season tickets.

City have the best crowds in the league but how many of those go to every home game?