PDA

View Full Version : Best British Single since 1977 (part 2) -the final 5

beautifulrock
21/01/2005, 12:53 PM
Following on from the previous post, it seems the great british public(well BBC Radio 2) listeners have now decided on their top 5 one of which will be voted the top song and unveiled at the Brit awards.

The list is:

HERE ARE THE TOP 5 SHORTLISTED SONGS - FROM THE LAST 25 YEARS - as voted by Radio 2 listeners!
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Angels - Robbie Williams
We Are The Champions - Queen
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Leave Right Now - Will Young :confused:

Not convinved about any of them especially Mr.Young. You can still vote, if you feel the need, up to 30th January.

eoinh
21/01/2005, 1:14 PM
Following on from the previous post, it seems the great british public(well BBC Radio 2) listeners have now decided on their top 5 one of which will be voted the top song and unveiled at the Brit awards.

The list is:

HERE ARE THE TOP 5 SHORTLISTED SONGS - FROM THE LAST 25 YEARS - as voted by Radio 2 listeners!
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Angels - Robbie Williams
We Are The Champions - Queen
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Leave Right Now - Will Young :confused:

Not convinved about any of them especially Mr.Young. You can still vote, if you feel the need, up to 30th January.

Oh for gods sake. Will Young and Robbie Williams in there.

gustavo
21/01/2005, 1:16 PM
god help me for admitting it but angels is a good song .
but out of those songs i would pick wuthering heights .

Aldini98
21/01/2005, 1:20 PM
Kasabian - Reason is Treason.

beautifulrock
21/01/2005, 1:25 PM
Great song Aldini but yo can only vote for the 5 listed above :D

joey B
21/01/2005, 1:29 PM
Does anybody remember a few years ago the bbc ran a poll to see who was the best band of all time and the Wolf Tones won!!! It was pure class. :D :D :D

fosterdollar
21/01/2005, 1:48 PM
You can still vote, if you feel the need,

I guess that solves that then :rolleyes:

patsh
21/01/2005, 1:50 PM
A top 5 consisting of 3 songs?:confused: ;)

"We are the Champions" is one of Queen's lesser contrributions, so it must surely between the other 2:
I've always loved Kate Bush, but I think "Love will tear us apart" must get my vote.

Of course, looking at some of the utter dross that found it's way into the original list, one of the two pieces of sh*t will probably beat the 3 songs....:rolleyes:

Macy
21/01/2005, 1:58 PM
Joy Division out of that list. Why do they bother with these readers/listener polls anymore. Their just a load of kak. At least one's like the observer list from last year are picked by people who have some semblence of taste....

thecorner
23/01/2005, 2:38 PM
joy division best out of a bad selection

the 12 th man
23/01/2005, 5:08 PM
there's a fcuckin quantam leap between ian curtis & co and the rest.
it beggars belief they could be mentioned in the same breath as will young.