PDA

View Full Version : ennio morricone

the 12 th man
21/01/2005, 8:40 AM
anybody like his soundtracks ?.
i the mission was excellent :)

CollegeTillIDie
21/01/2005, 11:13 PM
Ennio MOrricone...his music made the famous Spaghetti Westerns.
Best Western ever for me was " Once Upon A Time In The West" his music creates the tension and sets the scene. The first few minutes of that movie when the gang is waiting for Henry Fonda to arrive by train is absolute cinematic genius.

max power
22/01/2005, 1:54 AM
i am a big fan and the mission soundtrack is amazing, de niro aint bad in the movie either.....

i have 4 albums of his and his suff is beautiful.

the 12 th man
22/01/2005, 1:49 PM
Moroder..

1978 the soundtrack of "midnight express" absolute magic,i dug it out to give it a spin the other night and sleeve notes credit assistance by harold faltermeier. :)

max power
22/01/2005, 5:35 PM
the movie wan't too bad either......

CollegeTillIDie
23/01/2005, 3:47 PM
Gotta admit I hadn't heard that before.

Midnight Express is a great soundtrack... bought the album and never managed to see the movie. I particularly like the piece called "Chase".
I was in a band in the 1980's and we were working on it as a cover version. Never managed to play it live though.

the 12 th man
23/01/2005, 4:29 PM
I've seen the movie but never got the soundtrack...I guess if we ever meet, I can think of at least one topic of conversation... ;)

i think both would stand the dreaded "test of time".the sound track certainly does anyway.

film featured randy quaid...fecked if i can remember him in it but he defo was.

the film has been much copied/imitated over the years and is a treat waiting for anyone who has'nt seen it.

Partizan
23/01/2005, 6:13 PM
I have Ennio Morricone's, 'The Mission' soundtrack and its excellent. Vey much on the religious side, with the Guarani 'On Earth as it is in Heaven', amazing.

For Vangelis I have: 1492, Chariots of Fire and of course my favourite Bladerunner. Keyboard stuff in it is unrivalled. :cool:

harry crumb
23/01/2005, 6:18 PM
I like the untouchables theme.

Lionel Ritchie
27/01/2005, 9:49 AM
ecstasy of gold from the good, the bad and the ugly-brilliant tune. Metallica have been using it as an intro tune since they were playing in pub toilets. Any time I hear it now I can almost similtaneously hear the guitar intro of Blackened in the background.

Bluebeard
27/01/2005, 1:37 PM
I realy like Vangelis' soundtracks on some films, but at times they can get a bit too, ehm, Vangelis-y. Alexander is the first score he has done for a major film since he did 1492 (a superb bit of soundtrack), and it is one of the better things in the film, but there is this moment - crossing the Hindu Kush I think - and all of a sudden, there you are, a hard handed reminder that it is a Vangelis score intruding on the film, which was a bit of a shame.

Has anyone ever picked up a double album by a band he was in called Aphrodite's Child - "666" I think it was called - wonderful Queen II type excess.

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2005, 8:21 PM
Vangelis's " Heaven And Hell" album was used as the background music for a TV series in the 1980's presented by Carl Sagan called " Cosmos"