PDA

View Full Version : Cork Opera House 23rd March 2005

eoinh
20/01/2005, 6:20 PM
New Play - Sounds Interesting

When I Was God

It's FAI Cup Final day. Referee Dino Keegan is retiring from the game. At half-time the spotlight shines directly down on Dino Keegan's decision-making capability. On the field of dreams the referee is God, but what happens when God is made Man?

I Keano, When I was God. Whats next The Merchant of Venice starring George O' Callaghan with Ollie Byrne as Shylock?

eoinh
20/01/2005, 6:31 PM
Another product of the 1989 inter cert... :D

Conor, im older than that. I was in UCC by then. :eek:

patsh
20/01/2005, 7:20 PM
I Keano, When I was God. Whats next The Merchant of Venice starring George O' Callaghan with Ollie Byrne as Shylock?
Wouldn't Oily be more like Banquo's Ghost, hovering with evil intent over all of us?....;)
Or maybe Iago?
:D

Gary
21/01/2005, 6:44 PM
Are you sure you have the right dates there Eoin, as I know Willy Russells Blood Brothers is playing in the Opera House that week.

Anyone who hasn't seen this, it is an absolutely fantastic show. Never thought a musical would float my boat, but here we are. Tickets are available at the mo for €30, €40 and €50. Ive got mine for the closing night anyway.

joe
21/01/2005, 7:03 PM
Are you sure you have the right dates there Eoin, as I know Willy Russells Blood Brothers is playing in the Opera House that week.

When I was God, part of Cónal Creedon's Second City Trilogy, is on in the Half-Moon from 23 March.

Gary
22/01/2005, 5:10 PM
^^

I hear its hilaaaaaaarious chief.

A play about Egg chasing? Silly idea.

patsh
22/01/2005, 8:40 PM
I think I'd rather remove my eye with a fork than watch a play about a Munster rugby win in a friendly light years ago...
WHAAAAT? was my first reaction, i don't believe that, but then I went and did a little research and I find that, yes, somebody actually wrote a whole play because "Munster" won a friendly game once....:rolleyes:
Just how pathetic can one get.................