PDA

View Full Version : story with vinny perth?

Martinho II
20/01/2005, 8:41 AM
what is the story with vinny perth for next season lads?

just on eleven-a-side that vinny was told before xmas that he mayne be offered a contract!

Macy
20/01/2005, 9:07 AM
There's other threads on that here Marty. I hope he stays, but ultimately on a playing level (rather than a personal level) he's a squad player only.

Xlex
20/01/2005, 4:21 PM
well, I think it's painfully obvious that the signings of Tom Mohan and John McNicolas is a sign that it's unlikely Vinny will either re-sign or be offered a contract.

Central Midfielders (or those who could do a job)at the club:

Deano
John Martin
Tom Mohan
John McNicolas
Spud.

Longfordian
20/01/2005, 4:24 PM
Possibly one more central midfielder to come too.

briano
20/01/2005, 5:16 PM
vinnys a great influence on the squad of players there and has been writen off every season but will be a valuable asset next season once again. just a question... should someone from the club not verify vinnys suituation at the club???

Longfordian
20/01/2005, 7:12 PM
Vinny's situation is that he's out of contract since the end of the season. Any decisions regarding his future from the club's point of view are up to Alan Mathews.I know no more than anyone else does. I agree with you though briano, he is a great influence about the place and it would be a sad day if he left

Macy
21/01/2005, 10:12 AM
vinnys a great influence on the squad of players there and has been writen off every season but will be a valuable asset next season once again. just a question... should someone from the club not verify vinnys suituation at the club???
No one's denying Vinny's influence or committment for the club - I don't think any player has such respect from the fans. It's clouding the issue bringing that in.

As for clarification on his position, afaik he was told that they didn't know whether they'd be re-signing him or not, and that it wouldn't be in any held against him if he found another club. That's what I remember from it anyway.

Hope there is room for him, but it has to be genuine room for him rather than keeping him for who he is - for his own sake as well as the clubs.

Sonic
21/01/2005, 3:40 PM
Possibly one more central midfielder to come too.

quality one i hope