PDA

View Full Version : Israel Away - the headcount

Pages : [1] 2 3

Beavis
19/01/2005, 9:46 PM
I know it seems early but considering anyone whos going will know so by now,
I was wondering how many site members are confirmed as travelling.The headcount prior to France gave a good indication of the phenomenal numbers going to Paris and I'm interested to see if we'll fill our 4-5,000 application for this game.Maybe Peader might do the honours of producing a a list similar to last time.
Here goes: Myself and Bro (2) Dublin - Tel Aviv March 25th

gspain
19/01/2005, 10:10 PM
7 total

2 of us for 2 days 5 for the week.

Cowboy
19/01/2005, 11:04 PM
just waiting on new credit card, hope to book with "stand up" next week.
Me and Fudge going

PaulB
20/01/2005, 7:40 AM
3 of us for 3 days

SeanieBoy
20/01/2005, 8:27 AM
Do you think it is safe enough??

Ash
20/01/2005, 8:43 AM
Iz deffo going but I emailed standup to see if there was still places still
available but got no reply. Anyone know what the story is?

Looking into other deals at the moment but will probably go with standup
if there are places

jbyrne
20/01/2005, 8:55 AM
Iz deffo going but I emailed standup to see if there was still places still
available but got no reply. Anyone know what the story is?

Looking into other deals at the moment but will probably go with standup
if there are places

it appears that their trip kinda fell through due to lack of numbers. a third party has taken all the people who booked with them for the same cost i think. there is a phone number to call listed on another site (peoplesflag.com message board.... if i'm allowed mention another site!).

4 of us going to Israel match.

note that ticket applications to be into fai by tomorrow

Peadar
20/01/2005, 9:13 AM
Maybe Peader might do the honours of producing a a list similar to last time.

Beavis, ya lazy sod, make up your own list. ;)

4 of us going.
3 from Dublin and myself from London.
They're going via Amsterdam and are spending a few nights there.
It will be interesting to see what state they're in when they arrive in Tel Aviv.

Aldini98
20/01/2005, 9:20 AM
While youre there, ask the Israelis how they live with themselves, taking land that doesn't belong to them, etc ;)

NOLANone
20/01/2005, 12:30 PM
2 of us travelling to Israel,

departing Dublin Thurs 24 March 07.00 hrs,
staying at Sheraton Hotel, central Tel Aviv.

I am leaving from Lisburn, Co. Antrim, on Wed 23 March and my friend and myself are staying at the Great Southern Hotel Dublin Airport. Our flight leaves early the next morning so we thought it was a good idea to stay the previous night and relax without worrying about missing our flight. I would be very keen to hear from any other Ireland fans with similar plans who want to meet up for a bit of craic and a few beers before we all jet off the next morning.

Beavis
20/01/2005, 12:46 PM
Beavis, ya lazy sod, make up your own list. ;)

You handled the last one with such efficiency and pride I thought you might be offended had I not offered ;)

Peadar
20/01/2005, 12:58 PM
THE LIST
2 - The Beavis Brothers - Depart DUB 24th
2 - NOLANone + NOLANtwo? - Depart DUB 24th 07:00
4 - Peadar + Nice Guy, Fat Boy and his uncle - Depart LHR 25th 08:45
4 - jbyrne + some rovers heads probably ;)
7 - gspain + Spaniards
2 - Cowboy + Fudge
3 - PaulB + Bee's
2 - Ash + Rent-a-friend :D
2 - Slow2anger + Anger Management Counsellor
3 - JGKyne + 2
7 - Poorly McGrorry + A.N. Others
4 - soylent green + Some nice quiet Rovers boys
4 - SuperDub + Other lesser known Super Heros
6 - kav 28 + Other Portlaoise residents (on day release)
4 - NY Hoop + Trouble
2 - DubJohn + Mate

Total so far = 57

Superhoops
20/01/2005, 1:04 PM
....note that ticket applications to be into fai by tomorrow

Tickets not likely to be a problem. From yesterday's Indo:

The FAI expects to have an allocation of 3,500 tickets for the World Cup qualifier against Israel in Tel Aviv on March 26 (Easter Saturday) but only 700 tickets will be available for the June 8 game in the Faroe Islands because of the capacity of the stadium in Torshaven is just 7,000.

Faores a different prospect. By the time officials, players and Treacy have their's not many left for the rest of us.

Ash
20/01/2005, 1:21 PM
THE LIST
1 - Ash (on his own, Billy-no-mates) :D

Nah, a mate heading over with me so its Billy-1-mate :p

Looking like heading out 24th via Budapest, back 27th

Peadar
20/01/2005, 1:25 PM
Looking like heading out 24th via Budapest, back 27th

I'll see you out there kid.
Haven't had a backwards flag picture in ages. ;)

Beavis
21/01/2005, 12:45 PM
Okay just scanned the Israel thread and theres two more which have confirmed there.
Slow2anger (say 2)
JGKyne (3)

That makes a total of 32 for foot.ie members and associates,just one less than the entire Swiss support for their Tel Aviv game! I'm going to estimate 1,300 - 1,500 for this game.Should be great,see yiz all out there...

jbyrne
21/01/2005, 3:36 PM
That makes a total of 32 for foot.ie members and associates,just one less than the entire Swiss support for their Tel Aviv game! I'm going to estimate 1,300 - 1,500 for this game.Should be great,see yiz all out there...

heard that interest with package operators was quiet before christmas but picking up a fair bit now. reckon 1,500 max though myself. roughly same as basel last september so decent enough support

IsMiseSean
21/01/2005, 3:50 PM
Myself plus 2, but we've all ready been mentioned

soylent green
21/01/2005, 4:59 PM
Me + 3 travelling together plus
2 More Rovers
1 former Lepracaun

SuperDub
21/01/2005, 7:15 PM
Heading out 24th - 27th Me and 3 regulars

Superhoops
22/01/2005, 12:43 AM
Heard tonite the official Ireland Supporters Club in London have 60 members going. Anyone know if this is right?

sylvo
22/01/2005, 9:40 AM
Heard tonite the official Ireland Supporters Club in London have 60 members going. Anyone know if this is right?

I'd say that would be about the number so far that would be going, sadly I won't be one of them. :(

Cowboy
22/01/2005, 11:02 AM
I'd say that would be about the number so far that would be going, sadly I won't be one of them. :(

so whose going to mind Lopez ?

kav28
22/01/2005, 2:23 PM
You can add the Portlaoise boys x 6. Also travelling with e-travel, Kav

sylvo
22/01/2005, 3:16 PM
so whose going to mind Lopez ?

The bars and resturant's of Hemel Hempsted will be losing a lot of Knife's, forks, glasses, ice buckets etc that weekend.

I'll be back at the retirement home working that easter weekend. :eek:

Poorly McGrorry
22/01/2005, 5:24 PM
Think there's 5 of the N.London :rolleyes: Bhoys going ;) .
One of them posts on here,so will fwd.thread to them!

Aye, Im one of the five Dav mentions... add another 2 to the list.

sylvo
22/01/2005, 6:21 PM
Aye, Im one of the five Dav mentions... add another 2 to the list.

Is one of them Green Bear, AKA Uncle. :eek: :eek:

Poorly McGrorry
23/01/2005, 3:06 PM
Is one of them Green Bear, AKA Uncle. :eek: :eek:

Alas not (I think March is still the hibernation period), so he should be roaring to go come the Faroes trip in June. The two in question are also in the communication industry like yourself ;) and are flying the flags for the North London and Birmingham branches respectively :cool:

sylvo
23/01/2005, 4:06 PM
Alas not (I think March is still the hibernation period), so he should be roaring to go come the Faroes trip in June. The two in question are also in the communication industry like yourself ;) and are flying the flags for the North London and Birmingham branches respectively :cool:

Someone from Joyce country i'd guess. ;)

NY Hoop
24/01/2005, 12:28 PM
2 Hoops and 2 Cliftonville for a week.

KOH

soylent green
24/01/2005, 5:10 PM
2 Hoops and 2 Cliftonville for a week.

KOH

Who let you in here NY Hoop!?! ;)

slow2anger
25/01/2005, 9:52 AM
Okay just scanned the Israel thread and theres two more which have confirmed there.
Slow2anger (say 2)
JGKyne (3)

Yes 3 of us confirmed via Milan, with the missus and the boston celtic jacketed one.

Cowboy
25/01/2005, 3:12 PM
Yes 3 of us confirmed via Milan, with the missus and the boston celtic jacketed one.

would that be the legendary TF ?

sylvo
25/01/2005, 11:17 PM

Ahh man, how romantic. So hows da family, your struggle's our struggle, no pasaran baby.

Is her good self ready for all this. :eek:

Beavis
26/01/2005, 12:20 AM
According to a poster here (http://http://thepeoplesflag.com/web/messageboard.asp) the FAI have sold around 1000 tickets for the game.Probably will rise another 1 or 2 hundred in the next two months with people making last minute plans.Decent crowd,as expected for a relatively unnattractive fixture.

soylent green
26/01/2005, 5:05 PM
The travel agents will also pick up a sizeable amount of tickets. Regulars with 747 travel get the tickets through that travel agent rather than through the FAI. I presume its the same with Ray Treacy travel et al.

jbyrne
26/01/2005, 5:10 PM
The travel agents will also pick up a sizeable amount of tickets. Regulars with 747 travel get the tickets through that travel agent rather than through the FAI. I presume its the same with Ray Treacy travel et al.

my guess would be that the agents tickets are included in the 1,000 so far. still think the max going will be about 1,500 to 2,000 at the very most

Peadar
27/01/2005, 9:28 AM
still think the max going will be about 1,500 to 2,000 at the very most

I'd agree with you there JB.
There's less than 2 months to go, allowing for a late surge of interest you're talking no more that 2,000 and that's being optimistic.

Don't know how many travelled to Lisbon the last time but the atmosphere was fantastic. We had 502 at Nantes for the Cork City game and made loads of noise. I think we'll make a great effort in Tel Aviv.
Loads of Rovers fans going and anytime I've met them away they've been leading the chants and songs.

Green Tribe
27/01/2005, 4:26 PM
:( i cannot go to israel now, money probs, but i am saving to go to cyprus with my cousins :D so please all u guys going cheer and sing as loud as you can, we NEED to win this game, have lots of fun, enjoy the weather too, lucky!!! make sure u take lots of photos, i want to see what i missed out on!!
take care on the journey and hope all goes well.
xx julie

eirebhoy
27/01/2005, 4:43 PM
we NEED to win this game
No we don't, i'd take a draw now.

Green Tribe
27/01/2005, 4:59 PM
if those jammy swiss win their next game(in hand) there are 4 teams on 8 points, incl those israelis(how?) so we need to beat them at home, they might surprise us at home. i just don't want those jammy swiss sneaking infront of us again(euro04) :mad: i will be praying and sh*tting myself anyway throughout the game. :cool:

NY Hoop
28/01/2005, 12:20 PM
4 - NY Hoop + Trouble

Total so far = 57[/QUOTE]

Trouble?? Please explain............

KOH

Cowboy
28/01/2005, 2:08 PM
P.;Yer lists are a new :rolleyes: Irish legend;5 more .....TH Ireland on tour,who casigated me earlier for not going(Also claimed F.I.'s don't exist!),FFS?!No doubt a G,W & G.'S. of David' will follow? :rolleyes: :eek: :o

Btw,have you inc.the RISSC(London) 60?
About 25% of counted for,in here?

me and fudge = 2 where did 4 come from ?

joeraki
02/02/2005, 4:17 PM
4 - NY Hoop + Trouble

Total so far = 57

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing reputation and all that. its just one of those things ye hear the odd time at Ireland games home or away when a group of Rovers fans are seen in a group. Heres trouble, theres that shower of x y and z. etc etc.... You'd never get that about other clubs fans. Personally I'd take it as a compliment :D

Ash
03/02/2005, 12:09 PM
Just finalised my booking and payment so
its full steam ahead for the backwards flag

Went with the standup/e travel deal in the end cos the flight is
handier than the ones we were gonna book seperate with Malev
airlines.

Peadar
03/02/2005, 12:44 PM
i just don't want those jammy swiss sneaking infront of us again(euro94)

I must have missed that while I was watching USA94! :confused:

5 more .....TH Ireland on tour,who casigated me earlier for not going(Also claimed F.I.'s don't exist!),FFS?!No doubt a G,W & G.'S. of David' will follow?

Do your posts make sense to you Dav? :confused: :D

From reading your posts, you love to stir it.
No doubt your mates are just as bad.
Didn't mean it in an offensive way, just stuck it in.

me and fudge = 2 where did 4 come from ?

Sorry about that.
Corrected now.
Bloody copy 'n' paste, you can't rely on it. ;)

Green Tribe
03/02/2005, 1:27 PM
Peader, heh heh, i actually just noticed that today :rolleyes: i meant to write euro 04, ya big smartarse :D the swiss during qualification.. nice to see someone is paying attention.....

xx Julie :D

[QUOTE=Peadar]I must have missed that while I was watching USA94! :confused:

Do your posts make sense to you Dav?

From reading your posts, you love to stir it.
No doubt your mates are just as bad.
Didn't mean it in an offensive way, just stuck it in.

Sorry about that.
Corrected now.
Bloody copy 'n' paste, you can't rely on it.

Peadar
03/02/2005, 1:54 PM
kerr's tribe, you need to leave the "[/QUOTE]" at the end of any text you want to include.
i.e. The quoted text must be held between [QUOTE=Peadar] and what I've shown above.
Just a little tip.
I'm in a very pedantic mood today, sorry.

Peadar
03/02/2005, 2:08 PM
make a Green-white-& Gold 'Star of David' :eek:

Or orange, even! ;)

Sorry for deviating here but out of boredom last Friday I told a young American girl that the orange in the Irish flag represented the people with ginger hair.
Once she bought this, I told her that the white represented their pale skin and the green represented their eyes.
That will teach her not to drink with Irish guys in Dublin. :D

Hibs4Ever
03/02/2005, 2:10 PM
Meant 5 more THFC 'Yids' (Their name;Not mine!) Bhoys as it was :o Israel .....I was wondering if they would be ironic enough to make a Green-white-& Gold 'Star of David' :eek:

GOLD :confused: :confused: