PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Barcelona

Aldini98
19/01/2005, 11:10 AM
Where's the best (i.e. cheapest)Place to book a weekend in the Catalan capital?

Anyone, anyone??? :confused:

Éanna
19/01/2005, 1:11 PM
ryanair fly to girona, which isn't TOO far from Barcelona. Its a bit of a trek, but depending on flight times, if you can get a cheap flight, its worth it. that aside, its an amazing city, you're guaranteed to enjoy it. check out the barri gotic and the arab quarter- they do great absinthe in bar marsella down there :)

lopez
19/01/2005, 1:26 PM
Where's the best (i.e. cheapest)Place to book a weekend in the Catalan capital?

Anyone, anyone??? :confused:I know you'd be interested in visiting the shrine to the evils of Francoism, so may I recommend this site.

http://www.fcbarcelona.eatb.es/

Apparently it's linked to B*stardolona and while selling tickets above cost price (very capitalist, no?) is still a lot less than those ticket-tout sites. e.g. €45 for the cheapest ticket for the local derbí against the forces of evil from Montjuich. Magnifico!

the 12 th man
19/01/2005, 1:28 PM
- they do great absinthe in bar marsella down there :)

have you imbibed "the sacred liquid" ? :D

Éanna
19/01/2005, 1:45 PM
have you imbibed "the sacred liquid" ? :D
oh hell yeah. tried it in germany, but didn't remember trying it, so I had to try it again in Barcelona. :D

the 12 th man
19/01/2005, 1:47 PM
oh hell yeah. tried it in germany, but didn't remember trying it, so I had to try it again in Barcelona. :D

i tried imitation stuff (black liquorish stuff from spain :eek: ) that was horrible.

lopez
19/01/2005, 1:54 PM
i tried imitation stuff (black liquorish stuff from spain :eek: ) that was horrible.If it's less than 70% it's cr*p.

the 12 th man
19/01/2005, 1:56 PM
If it's less than 70% it's cr*p.

i take it senor that you've tasted the good stuff then ? :)

Aldini98
19/01/2005, 2:07 PM
had absinth in Prague, blew me head off !!!!! :)

Have already been to Barcelona but it cost me a packet, I was wondering if there are cheaper alternatives thats all. :confused:

Dublin12
19/01/2005, 2:11 PM
Fantastic city :)
Fantastic food and cold beer :D
Fantastic nightlife :D
Fantastic beautiful women :eek: .
Have a good one ;)

Éanna
19/01/2005, 2:18 PM
i went there when I was living in spain, and did on the cheap- bus up overnight from madrid, stayed in a youth hostel for 9euro a night. great laugh

lopez
19/01/2005, 2:50 PM
i take it senor that you've tasted the good stuff then ? :)I haven't but I have it on good authority from my local vintner who sells it at that proof. I was round the spirits section in Sainsburys the other day and there was some there at 50%. Imitations IMO. I'll have a jug :eek: of the stuff before I die though. And sooner rather than later at that. ;)

noby
20/01/2005, 8:06 AM
Sagrada Familia is a must.

Is it finished yet? poxy builders.

In the north of the city there's a village called Gracia (I think), which has been surounded by the city over time. You'll know you're there when the streets suddenly get narrow. Great place for a night out, if you want to get away from the tourist spots; some nice bars & restaurants. Be warned, the waitress in a restaurant we went to had probably as much spanish as we had, which isn't much, but it made ordering food interesting.

lopez
20/01/2005, 10:52 AM
Check out the cocktail bar 'Boadas' just off the Ramblas. There's no menu. You just ask the barmen what you fancy and they knock it out. Might even do something with Absinthe. Very popular with visiting rockers apparently. Supertramp were there the night before I was.