PDA

View Full Version : Any mechanics?

elroy
19/01/2005, 10:50 AM
Need to get repairs done to a corsa (i know my insurance is 3000,cant afford much else) all one side being scratched and a bit dented in so needs panel beating as well. Plus the back bumpers being cracked-anyone get some sort of similar work ever done?
Trying to get quotes off garages but they're all up the walls at the moment and all of them want 50 quid to do it too-chancers!

Peadar
19/01/2005, 10:54 AM
Maybe if you watch Men & Motors you'll be able to Do It Yourself!! :D

Macy
19/01/2005, 10:57 AM
50 quid sounds good to me! Same as anything else, it's labour that costs rather than parts - touch up and panel work is labour intensive.

carrickharp
19/01/2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe if you watch Men & Motors you'll be able to Do It Yourself!! :D

Depends what time you watch Men & Motors at :D

$Leon$
19/01/2005, 12:35 PM
try small panel beaters (2 or 3 fellas workin out of a glorified shed) best chance of gettin it done cheaper.
don't no any in the cork area but just look up phone book and ask around

Peadar
19/01/2005, 12:50 PM
Depends what time you watch Men & Motors at :D

Depends on what kind of DIY he's doing... :D

blobbyblob
19/01/2005, 1:01 PM
Wont get much done these days for less than 50 snots.

Not too many midget panel beaters around either :D

elroy
19/01/2005, 1:20 PM
try small panel beaters (2 or 3 fellas workin out of a glorified shed) best chance of gettin it done cheaper.
don't no any in the cork area but just look up phone book and ask around

im living in dublin these days, so prob get one around here. im not overly worried about price, cos was hit by a drunken driver so he's footing the bill. give wanna get a general estimate.
Does anyone know if just gettin the scratched side resprayed-would that look off or would it be best to get the whole lot resprayed?

Macy
19/01/2005, 1:24 PM
im living in dublin these days, so prob get one around here. im not overly worried about price, cos was hit by a drunken driver so he's footing the bill. give wanna get a general estimate.
Does anyone know if just gettin the scratched side resprayed-would that look off or would it be best to get the whole lot resprayed?
Well go to a proper garage then, don't be pĂ­ssing around taking chances. Take it to a dealer if he's footing the bill.

tiktok
19/01/2005, 1:41 PM
Take it to a dealer if he's footing the bill.

absolutely, don't be cutting corners on it

elroy
19/01/2005, 1:46 PM
oh god no wont be cutting corners at all-just want a general estmate, cos the soonest i can get an appointment with a dealer is next week. they're up the walls after christmas.

Macy
19/01/2005, 1:50 PM
oh god no wont be cutting corners at all-just want a general estmate, cos the soonest i can get an appointment with a dealer is next week. they're up the walls after christmas.
Well he'll have to wait until the dealer can see it - the dealer will be more expensive than a normal garage.

$Leon$
19/01/2005, 8:29 PM
where bouts are u in dublin?

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/01/2005, 8:47 PM
where bouts are u in dublin?

Think he's on the northside beside Castleknock. Do you know any place around there $Leon$?

$Leon$
19/01/2005, 8:50 PM
Think he's on the northside beside Castleknock. Do you know any place around there $Leon$?

one or two
any places u no of in the blackrock area?

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/01/2005, 9:11 PM
one or two
any places u no of in the blackrock area?

Nowhere springs to mind. The old man brings my car for servicing to some place in Terenure.

elroy
20/01/2005, 9:42 AM
Nope in ranelagh here in dublin, its looking like ill get it down for cheaper back home though

carrickharp
20/01/2005, 11:06 AM
Nope in ranelagh here in dublin, its looking like ill get it down for cheaper back home though

Was that Dixon Repairs you tried in Ranelagh?