PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite player of all time and why

OwlsFan
16/05/2016, 1:32 PM
Didier Drogba: the worst play actor in the game by a veritable mile. Big strong guy but if touched would roll around in agony for 5 minutes and often have the game stopped as a consequence, and to hear him ranting at the Norwegian referee and calling him a disgrace in Chelsea's CL semi-final defeat by Barcelona, brought hypocrisy to a new level.

BonnieShels
16/05/2016, 2:54 PM
Didier Drogba: the worst play actor in the game by a veritable mile. Big strong guy but if touched would roll around in agony for 5 minutes and often have the game stopped as a consequence, and to hear him ranting at the Norwegian referee and calling him a disgrace in Chelsea's CL semi-final defeat by Barcelona, brought hypocrisy to a new level.

I used to rrrreeeaaalllyyyy hate him. But there are worse. And as an Irishman there's always worse.

But when I opened the thread the first person that sprung to mind was Toni Polster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Polster). GAH!

SkStu
16/05/2016, 3:00 PM
Irish: Martin Keown - we could have won stuff with him.
Because I support Ireland: Toni Polster - see Bonnies rationale above
Generally: Ashley Cole ("He is taking the **** Jonathan!!!!") or John Terry (on and off field scum) or Arjen Robben (for reasons similar to OF)

DeLorean
16/05/2016, 3:35 PM
Think we had a similar discussion to this recently. I'd never disliked somebody because they've done some damage to Ireland by playing well, etc. That's not a moral high ground stance by the way, just something that I've never really related to, unless they're total t0ssers as well as inflicting damage upon us, but I can't really think of any bar Henry. I never really liked him anyway though.

I really can't stand the sight of Franck Ribery, everything about him irritates me. And he's grossly overrated I think.

bennocelt
16/05/2016, 4:29 PM
I like tough nut defenders, and what I hate most is the faux tough guy, like Gattuso, Pepe, Materazzi, and the rest. Give it large but then fall like babies if touched. Hate it, argh.

Hate Roy Keane................but i will leave that there, lol:D

BonnieShels
16/05/2016, 4:31 PM
Irish: Martin Keown - we could have won stuff with him.
Because I support Ireland: Toni Polster - see Bonnies rationale above
Generally: Ashley Cole ("He is taking the **** Jonathan!!!!") or John Terry (on and off field scum) or Arjen Robben (for reasons similar to OF)

Before I saved my post I had considered saying Martin Keown as well for precisely those reasons.

I dislike all of who you said and in fact Franck Ribery and Henry are in there as well. But for sheer dislike of a player for destroying my hopes and dreams as a 9yo goes to Toni. He's mostly the reason I hate the current Austria team. they were such an irrelevance before now so I had no feelings but they're decent now.

Charlie Darwin
17/05/2016, 12:10 AM
The only correct answer is Dudu Aouate.

gastric
17/05/2016, 12:31 AM
Kevin Muscat - reckless and dangerous, Jack Grealish - turncoat and Salvatore Schillaci for ruining the dream!

BonnieShels
17/05/2016, 12:35 AM
The only correct answer is Dudu Aouate.

This will warm your cockles so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huY59-xkE8w

He's in the list as is that entire Israeli team. But we should've shut up bleedin' shop.

Charlie Darwin
17/05/2016, 12:40 AM
This will warm your cockles so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huY59-xkE8w

He's in the list as is that entire Israeli team. But we should've shut up bleedin' shop.
Ouch.

Not to derail the thread, but the problem in both those Israel games was that we shut up shop (and O'Shea giving away a ridiculous penalty in Lansdowne). The away game was a slow torture as we invited them to equalise.

BonnieShels
17/05/2016, 7:33 PM
Ouch.

Not to derail the thread, but the problem in both those Israel games was that we shut up shop (and O'Shea giving away a ridiculous penalty in Lansdowne). The away game was a slow torture as we invited them to equalise.

The away game was a horror show, but we DIDN'T shut up shop. We tried to. But we didn't.

DeLorean
19/05/2016, 9:42 AM
Daniel Sturridge. Class finisher but I find him extremely hard to like. Those (fake?) tears after not throwing a leg in the League Cup final. That dance.

Edit - shortly after posting I came across this on F365.... my sentiments exactly:

Take the rough with the smooth

You’ll probably get loads of these…but if you’re happy to be filmed doing a ridiculous dance when you score – you should be happy to be filmed when you’ve just lost. You’re on a football pitch in front of millions, not walking your dog at home.

Great goal to be fair though.

Chris Heyes

sadloserkid
19/05/2016, 12:37 PM
That dance.

The dance itself is merely irritating. It's the scowl that goes with it that pushes me over the edge.

geysir
20/05/2016, 11:51 AM
Ouch.

That was one of the softest penalties ever given against us by one of the worst refs ever to grace Lansdowne rd.
And to get back on track, serial diver Yossi Benayoun is a hate figure :)

jbyrne
20/05/2016, 12:12 PM
That was one of the softest penalties ever given against us by one of the worst refs ever to grace Lansdowne rd.

think he had a bucket of water poured over him after the match in a hotel after the match by a furious fan!

OwlsFan
20/05/2016, 12:18 PM
Ouch.

Given went the wrong way for the peno I see for a change. Hard to see what O'Shea does for the penalty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r9x68LLAKs Ref deserved the bucket of water judging by the sending off. O'Brien wasn't the sort of roll around when given a smack by the Israeli keeper. O'Shea almost scores at the end :(