PDA

View Full Version : FAI New Sponsorship Deal

Karlos
18/01/2005, 12:27 PM
taken from www.fai.ie - anyone got the inside scoop on this?

FAI to launch major sponsorship deal

The FAI will launch a major multi million euro sponsorship agreement on Wednesday morning. Check www.fai.ie for all the details.

Bring Back Mick
18/01/2005, 12:33 PM
A kit deal with NIKE...........Ireland shirts Home/Away reduced in Sports and Soccer outlets

NIKE have signed up Celtic and Chelsea( chelsea subject to agreeing a payoff with Umbro to terminate contract early)

eirebhoy
18/01/2005, 12:52 PM
Pity Eircon are with us for another 7 years. :(

onenilgameover
18/01/2005, 2:15 PM
They have put a hold on most of the gear as in training etc. Its all sitting in a warehouse...and will stay there if this Nike deal is true another Gaff from the spoons at the Fai. The new shirts came out just b4 the French game as a marketing ploy knowing that alot of the 40,000+ goin over would buy one. This is obviously not on. The shirt will have to be changed again...notice no away shirt on sale. Apart from this dodgy behavior Nike has a bad record with Human Rights and its staff all across the world. Its a brand I do not buy and I reckon I might be boycotting Irish goods even though I am a collector of Ireland shirts and have over 100. Another bad move from the FAI

Peadar
18/01/2005, 2:22 PM
Nike has a bad record with Human Rights and its staff all across the world. Its a brand I do not buy and I reckon I might be boycotting Irish goods even though I am a collector of Ireland shirts and have over 100.

I love people like you!
You won’t buy this or that because the company are being naughty.
You probably wear jeans, socks and jocks made in an orphanage in Vietnam but have no idea about it because it's not publicised.
Where do scUmbro get all their gear from?
It would be interesting to trace the origin of your 100 shirts.
Go off and hug some trees with your human rights approved Ireland shirts and your clear conscious!

soccerc
18/01/2005, 2:22 PM
They have put a hold on most of the gear as in training etc. Its all sitting in a warehouse...and will stay there if this Nike deal is true another Gaff from the spoons at the Fai.
The product in storage is FAIreland branded merchandise and nothing to do with Umbro.

The new shirts came out just b4 the French game as a marketing ploy knowing that alot of the 40,000+ goin over would buy one. This is obviously not on. The shirt will have to be changed again...notice no away shirt on sale.
It was never intended that the new Away shirt would go on sale until March or April of this year

Apart from this dodgy behavior Nike has a bad record with Human Rights and its staff all across the world. Its a brand I do not buy and I reckon I might be boycotting Irish goods even though I am a collector of Ireland shirts and have over 100. Another bad move from the FAI

From what I can gather Umbro have negotiated a new deal so you can keep collecting Ireland shirts as it won't be Nike on this occasion

Karlos
18/01/2005, 2:50 PM
'anyone got the inside scoop on this?' - I take it that nobody does!! :D

it could very well be a deal along the lines of the fiat deal they did last year. I was under the the impression that the umbro deal was renewed recently however I have noticed the 'new' jerseys are being sold rather inexpensively at the mo and there appears to be a lack of new logo, umbro apparel available (i.e tracksuits, sweatshirts, polo's etc). I'm not saying they don't exist, just haven't come across any. They FAI online shop is also very bare with umbro apparel apart from the Home shirt :confused:

cullenswood
18/01/2005, 2:52 PM
I love people like you!
You probably wear jeans, socks and jocks made in an orphanage in Vietnam but have no idea about it because it's not publicised.
Go off and hug some trees with your human rights approved Ireland shirts and your clear conscious!

LOL :D :D :).

Hear Hear

livehead1
18/01/2005, 4:59 PM
I love people like you!

ha ha, classic. feck dat human rites craic, jst stump up the money, buy your "FAIR-double-the-price-TRADE" that tastes half as good. wear clothes made in europe by your granny (cos u dont wana/cant afford vietnamese nike)

Karlos
18/01/2005, 7:53 PM
Lads, with all due respect, onenilgameover is entitled to his opinion and it should be respected here. I'm all for a laugh and a joke and a friendly dig but sometime we cross the line - I'm sure it was meant in jest (at least I hope it was) but once again the type of comments take us completly away from the thread topic :confused:

so, has anyone any further info on the FAI Deal?? :)

livehead1
18/01/2005, 10:04 PM
Lads, with all due respect, onenilgameover is entitled to his opinion and it should be respected here. I'm all for a laugh and a joke and a friendly dig but sometime we cross the line - I'm sure it was meant in jest (at least I hope it was) but once again the type of comments take us completly away from the thread topic :confused:

yep hope doesn't offend, no harm meant at all. just think in this day and age capitalism (profit on the backs of the workers/poor) is inevitable and if us western europeans are to prosper , someone undoubtable will have to pay for it....a bit like we did partially in british industrialisation...but i digress and apologise for any hurt caused :cool:

Closed Account 2
18/01/2005, 11:34 PM
as long as its not one of those stupid Kappa skin-tight ones.

Karlos
19/01/2005, 7:36 AM
as long as its not one of those stupid Kappa skin-tight ones.

agreed, but on the other hand it would be quite amuzing to watch us beer bellied lads dance around in them in Germany - I'm sure we could cash in with the tight shirt beer belly fetish freeks out there!!! :D

**edit** by 'cash in' I do of course mean blag a few round of beers!! :D

Peadar
19/01/2005, 10:06 AM
Cant speak for other clothing co.'s,but Celtic fans are discussing the self same sort of boycott

Bet that wont affect sales in Ireland.

Personally,what's wrong with O'Neill's

They make our gear at City and it's not bad.
I think their leisure wear is limited and they may struggle to meet demand for the national shirts.
On top of all that, I doubt they could compete with scUmbro or Pikey Nike when it comes to the massive sponsorship deals at international level.

agreed, but on the other hand it would be quite amuzing to watch us beer bellied lads dance around in them in Germany

You don't have to go to Germany, such eyesore's can be seen in North London every other week! :D

soccerc
19/01/2005, 10:10 AM

It never ceases to amaze me that people do not read posts. I thought I'd clearly said that it was a new Umbro deal in my response

Karlos
19/01/2005, 10:40 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that people do not read posts. I thought I'd clearly said that it was a new Umbro deal in my response

Post was duly read my friend and appreciated! :)

You did say it was an umbro deal and others said a Nike, Kappa one etc......If your user name was John Delaney i'd proabably have taken your post as gospel........we weren't aware that your the person in the know, we are now! :)

Karlos
19/01/2005, 10:43 AM
You don't have to go to Germany, such eyesore's can be seen in North London every other week! :D

Never a truer word has been spoken, although I do try and avoid the Spurs fans as best I can!! :D

Peadar
19/01/2005, 10:48 AM
we weren't aware that your the person in the know, we are now! :)

He's a chancer Karlos!
Don't believe a word he says... :p

soccerc, I'll be keeping an eye on a certain website waiting for the news to break... ;)

Bring Back Mick
19/01/2005, 11:59 AM
from RTE

The FAI will this afternoon reveal details of a major new sponsorship deal with sports kit and equipment giants Umbro.

It is believed the agreement will be worth in excess of E10 million to the association, extending the current contract with the company until 2010.

Today's announcement will bring to an end months of negotiations that began while Fran Rooney was chief executive of the FAI.

Rooney was controversially forced out of the FAI last November, with John Delaney now acting as interim CEO.

Ash
19/01/2005, 12:27 PM
taken from fai.ie

The key aspects of the deal include:

· Total minimum sponsorship value €10,000,000
· Guaranteed cash income - minimum €7,000,000
· €3,000,000 in supplied kit to all international teams
· Guaranteed annual income more than doubles from an average €430,000
(existing) to more than €1,000,000 p.a.
· Increased bonuses on offer for European and World Cup qualification
· Potential for up to €3,100,000 extra cash depending on European and World
Cup senior side success
· Investment of €450,000 into Kennedy Cup
· Technical Development Plan gets immediate €500,000 allocation
· Under-age internationals programme funding increased by €200,000

Bluebeard
19/01/2005, 12:38 PM
· Investment of €450,000 into Kennedy Cup

I'm showing my ignorance but The Kennedy Cup??

Karlos
19/01/2005, 12:40 PM
It's a schoolboy inter-league competition

$Leon$
19/01/2005, 12:53 PM
I love people like you!

agree with u there peadar. these are the sort of people who mamaged to get coca-cola and nestle products BANNED in the student union shops in ucd

Dawn_Run
19/01/2005, 12:54 PM
So I take it that our new jerseys are now old jerseys?

Disgraceful

stickyjoe
19/01/2005, 1:02 PM
its not often i say it, but well done FAI. great deal, plenty of cash there to plough into grass roots football.

My only worry is that there is not a clause in there which guarantees the senior team jersey can only change once every 2 years.

eirebhoy
19/01/2005, 1:32 PM
My only worry is that there is not a clause in there which guarantees the senior team jersey can only change once every 2 years.
Why is that? Do you like splashing out money for jerseys'? :)

I just googled and The FA agreed a €72 5-year deal with Umbro 8 years ago. Imagine what they're getting now (maybe someone could look it up). If its going on population maybe it actually is about the same per head though so yeah, good deal (we're getting a lot more than the Scots anyway :) ).

stickyjoe
19/01/2005, 1:39 PM
i think u took me up wrong there.

I want the FAI to have a clause so that umbro can only change the jersey once every 2 years. and they wouldn`t be allowed change a jersey after only a year

eirebhoy
19/01/2005, 1:42 PM
i think u took me up wrong there.

I want the FAI to have a clause so that umbro can only change the jersey once every 2 years. and they wouldn`t be allowed change a jersey after only a year
oh I see.

blobbyblob
19/01/2005, 2:05 PM
I'm showing my ignorance but The Kennedy Cup??

Best schoolboys in the county type of thing, aint it?

Don Vito
19/01/2005, 5:16 PM
Best schoolboys in the county type of thing, aint it?

i.e. $Leon$ just a few years ago