PDA

View Full Version : Tribes

Dublin12
18/01/2005, 12:23 PM
Anyone see this programme last night BBC2?,it's fantastic stuff and worth checking out next week.Last night the reporter was living with a load of cannibals deep in the Indonesian rain forest,they tried to invert his penis back into his stomach too!!,the poor guy nearly fainted,also put a stick through his nose,without any blood!!.The peace offering to the tribes was a pack of smokes!,if he didn't have these he was a dead man.Check it out if you can.

Babysis
18/01/2005, 12:26 PM
Absolutely brilliant programme. Broke my heart laughing watching him. Last week was meant to have been better. He had to have armed guards, by order of the King of the provence he was in. Next week, he has to take mind altering drugs as part of his initiation ceremony. Im hooked. :)

Dublin12
18/01/2005, 12:29 PM
Those guys were funny putting that bug in his ear to clean the wax :eek: ,also they nearly got sick when he gave the some currents to eat,they've no problem eating bugs and stuff but currents lol,quality stuff ,I can't wait for next week :eek:

Babysis
18/01/2005, 12:32 PM
the lads in the office told me about it. I really thought at first that he was only there to poke fun and riddicule the tribes. But in fact he really embraced their culture and way of life, and it made for very enjoyable viewing.

green goblin
18/01/2005, 12:36 PM
Last week's was a laugh too. He wanted to take part in a kind of martial arts contest with a neighbouring tribe, until the king told him he would almost certainly be killed. He seems such a nice bloke. If the locals laugh at him, he just laughs along. Even when he's in obvious and very real danger, he just exudes this mad enthusiasm for what's going on.
Next week he's hanging out with glue sniffers in Inchicore.

JohnB
18/01/2005, 3:32 PM
I've managed to catch all three programmes so far. Bruce seems to be a top bloke (a great advert for the Royal Marines) and the people he's encountered so far have been revelations. Who'd have thought cannibals would be such great guys?

Schumi
18/01/2005, 4:34 PM
Saw the last two shows I think (the stick fighting one and last night's), really good.