PDA

View Full Version : They Think It's All Over

Ruairi
18/01/2005, 10:53 AM
they're showing repeats of this on UKTVG2 every night, quality show. One line from Nick Hancock last night had me in stitches

Oasis turned down the chance to write the theme tune for England's world Cup campaign, on the grounds that they're Irish. That despite the fact they're from the same part of Ireland that Mick [McCarthy, guest team captain] is from..

England

Steve DAvis is still my favourite captain though... Although the amount of stick they give David Gower is hilarious....

DolansWaistcoat
18/01/2005, 11:48 AM
It's a very funny show alright thats for sure.Gower is a boring **** alright and deserves most of the stick he gets,while that fat curly haired fella is a great crack.

There was a bald guy on the show about 6 or 7 years ago i'd say,Lee something or other I think his name was.He was hilarious,but had to leave the show due to some disease that left him in agony most of the time.Anyone know what happened to that guy.

Ruairi
18/01/2005, 12:00 PM
that's lee hurst you're on about i think..

he runs a comedy club now..
http://www.leehurst.com/

Hibs4Ever
18/01/2005, 12:01 PM
Great show alright. I think Johnathon Ross makes it though. He's fcuking hillarious :D

Macy
18/01/2005, 12:09 PM
There was a bald guy on the show about 6 or 7 years ago i'd say,Lee something or other I think his name was.He was hilarious,but had to leave the show due to some disease that left him in agony most of the time.Anyone know what happened to that guy.
I thought he left as he thought the show should stop whilst it was at the top?

Peadar
18/01/2005, 12:16 PM

No he was crippled with back pain.

tetsujin1979
18/01/2005, 12:16 PM

I thought he left becuase him and David Gower really didn't get along at all?

Peadar
18/01/2005, 12:33 PM

At the time I remember that he, Lee Hurst, did an interview saying that he was crippled with pain from what I believe to be ankylosing spondylitis.
It's probably hard to be funny if you're in that much pain.

Macy
18/01/2005, 12:36 PM
Who cares really, all the good stuff, from all the series, would struggle to fill their half hour slot.

Babysis
18/01/2005, 12:38 PM
Who cares really, all the good stuff, from all the series, would struggle to fill their half hour slot.

A bit harsh. In its day that was actually a funny programme. But now with that Long haired idiot seaman and the even bigger fool with the curly hair, its lost its appeal, although ross is very funny

Éanna
18/01/2005, 12:39 PM
they're showing repeats of this on UKTVG2 every night, quality show. One line from Nick Hancock last night had me in stitches

yeah, been watching some of them. brilliant

jofyisgod
18/01/2005, 7:42 PM
although ross is very funny

If ya like that, you should watch his chat show-so funny. He also has a shown on Radio 2 for anyone in England/with reception on Saturday mornings which is also excellent.

Anyone else watch Grumpy Old Men? :D Great programme...