PDA

View Full Version : 3.2million seats!!!

GalwayFrancis
17/01/2005, 10:38 PM
Seats for 3.2 million fans at 2006 FIFA World Cup™ -
2006 FIFA World Cup Ticketing: Facts and Figures

Selling the tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ is
"probably our most difficult challenge of all," declared
Organising Committee (OC) President Franz Beckenbauer.
"If I reflect on the number of times I've been personally
asked for tickets, we must assume demand will massively
exceed the supply we have available."
Details of the sales procedure will be revealed at a
FIFA/2006 FIFA World Cup OC news conference on 24
January .......read more (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050117/1/2yq9.html)

I wonder how many of the tickets will be sold to the
"true fans" :confused:

GalwayFrancis
18/01/2005, 5:51 PM
Don't hold your breath :rolleyes: .......Let's qualify first,mind..... :ball:

ah davros,, be optimistic...we're top of the group after playing our hardest game!!!!

4tothefloor
18/01/2005, 10:00 PM
Is this going to be a "follow your team" method again?

eirebhoy
18/01/2005, 10:49 PM
16 August 2004
by FIFAworldcup.com

The first contingent of 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ match tickets will go on sale to football fans around the globe via the internet at www.FIFAworldcup.com from 1 February 2005. On Monday 16 August 2004, the Organising Committee (OC) concluded an agreement with Bremen-based CTS Eventim, Europe's leading concert, theatre and sports event ticket agent, to handle all aspects of ticket sales for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™.

"FIFA and the OC are delighted at agreeing a partnership with CTS, a ticketing service provider with huge experience of major sports events. CTS's state-of-the-art technology will guarantee secure and reliable ticket distribution. This service for the fans has a central role in the organisational scheme for the World Cup," OC senior vice-president Horst R Schmidt commented.

Both individual tickets and so-called "Team Specific Tickets" are available in the first sales phase. The team ticket guarantees a fan can follow his or her team in every match, up to and including the Final should the team progress that far. With the exception of the Opening Match, tickets for the Group phase are available in four categories with prices from 35 to 100 Euro, including tax and travel to and from the ground by public transport but excluding delivery.

CTS Eventim will deploy its technology to distribute around 3 million tickets for the stadiums in Berlin, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Hannover, Kaiserslautern, Köln, Leipzig, München, Nürnberg and Stuttgart. The OC expects revenues of 200 million Euro from ticket sales.

Commented CTS chairman Klaus-Peter Schulenberg: "The Organising Committee's decision to award the ticketing contract to CTS is a direct result of our success over the last few years and our market position as Europe's leading ticketing company." CTS has broad experience in ticket distribution for rock concerts, tours and festivals, together with sports events including Formula 1, international football matches, Bundesliga and second Bundesliga fixtures and the ticketing system used at the Arena AufSchalke.

The tickets will be equipped with a so-called RFID chip (Radio Frequency Identification) as part of the electronic admission control system which includes database registration of the purchaser's name, in line with the broad and sophisticated security measures in force at the FIFA World Cup™.

Full details of the sales procedure will be finalised at a later date and published in good time in the daily media and on the official event homepage www.FIFAworldcup.com. In line with previous advice, the OC reminds fans that orders cannot be accepted at the present time.

Cat.1 Cat.2 Cat.3 Cat.4
Opening match 300,00 180,00 115,00 65,00
Group matches 100,00 60,00 45,00 35,00
Last sixteen 120,00 75,00 60,00 45,00
Quarter-final 180,00 110,00 85,00 55,00
Semi-final 400,00 240,00 150,00 90,00
3rd place... 120,00 75,00 60,00 45,00
Final 600,00 360,00 220,00 120,00

Hibs4Ever
21/01/2005, 11:14 AM
Explain to me how this works! I just don't understand how they can sell tickets before countries even qualify. How do you know which tickets to get for which stadium on which date?? :confused:

cullenswood
21/01/2005, 11:25 AM
Explain to me how this works! I just don't understand how they can sell tickets before countries even qualify. How do you know which tickets to get for which stadium on which date?? :confused:

You apply for the Team Specific Tickets, if your country qualifies, then you get tickets for all the games they play, if they dont then you get nada, therefore you don't have to pay a penny either. Simple really

Hibs4Ever
21/01/2005, 11:34 AM
I see. Cheers :D

Junior
21/01/2005, 11:52 AM
You apply for the Team Specific Tickets, if your country qualifies, then you get tickets for all the games they play, if they dont then you get nada, therefore you don't have to pay a penny either. Simple really

not strictly true. I believe for Euro04 if you purchased a TST and were successful, however your team failed to qualify (as with Ireland) then you still had to pay an admin fee of some description not sure quite how much.

A pretty good earner for the organising committee, particularly if teams with large followings fail to qualify!!

Though as my 10 applications for a TST were all unsuccessful I can't confirm this was the case. Anyone successful with there TST application confirm/deny ??

It

cullenswood
21/01/2005, 12:24 PM
I believe for Euro04 if you purchased a TST and were successful, however your team failed to qualify (as with Ireland) then you still had to pay an admin fee of some description not sure quite how much.

Actually now that you mention it, I think I remember something like that (ie the small large admin fee). Still I reckon it is definitely worth it

NeilMcD
21/01/2005, 12:39 PM
Will it be hard to get a Team Specific Ticket for the Finals if you apply on the 1st of Feb, do people know. What is the best to go about doing it to assure yourself of a ticket

cullenswood
21/01/2005, 1:27 PM
Will it be hard to get a Team Specific Ticket for the Finals if you apply on the 1st of Feb, do people know. What is the best to go about doing it to assure yourself of a ticket

More than likely it will be very hard. I would expect a very large amount of applications from Ireland, therefore there will be a lottery. It doesn't matter if you apply on the 1st of February or sometime later, because they are just going to stick all the applicants into a hat and pick out whatever number was alocated to the country.

Junior
21/01/2005, 2:45 PM
More than likely it will be very hard. I would expect a very large amount of applications from Ireland, therefore there will be a lottery. It doesn't matter if you apply on the 1st of February or sometime later, because they are just going to stick all the applicants into a hat and pick out whatever number was alocated to the country.

Agree with the above.

No benefit in applying on the first day or the last day of the window.

Teams such as Ireland, England, Wales, Germany, Holland etc... I would imagine will be well over subscribed for the TST's (and I'm sure a number of other nations due to Germany's central european location).

Best bet is multiple applications (mums, sisters, borthers, friends not intending going etc...) Though no guarantee - I applied 10 times for euro04 and still got zilch!!!

eirebhoy
21/01/2005, 3:10 PM
Best bet is multiple applications (mums, sisters, borthers, friends not intending going etc...) Though no guarantee - I applied 10 times for euro04 and still got zilch!!!
There is a chance if you apply a number of times that you'll actually get more tickets then you want. If I did this would it be easy enough to get rid of the left overs on face value as I'll be applying a load of times if thats the case. BTW, where do you apply?

Junior
21/01/2005, 4:26 PM
There is a chance if you apply a number of times that you'll actually get more tickets then you want. If I did this would it be easy enough to get rid of the left overs on face value as I'll be applying a load of times if thats the case. BTW, where do you apply?

Im basing all this on the euro04 ticketing policy...........

This is a risk, particularly if say you are succesful and manage to get say 5 sets of TST's and (god forbid) we don't qualify. That would be 5 times the admin fee involved for basically nothing. Best bet is to apply enmasse with a group of friends who agree to split any costs no matter the outcome!

However, if we do qualify IMO You would have absolutely no problem in getting rid of the tickets to friends, family or on here. There is small print that says the tickets are non-transferable, however in my experience thay have done this for all major tournaments and there have been zero checks to the name on the ticket.

As for the World Cup tix, not on sale till the 1st of Feb, I think the link is earlier in this thread.

eirebhoy
25/01/2005, 4:37 PM
Lads, you do know that the only method of payment for buying these tickets online is Mastercard as they are the official sponser? I'm lucky enough to have one but I'm certainly not in the majority.

Junior
25/01/2005, 6:13 PM
Lads, you do know that the only method of payment for buying these tickets online is Mastercard as they are the official sponser? I'm lucky enough to have one but I'm certainly not in the majority.

I very much doubt this is the case, it restricts those who can apply by to great a number. They were the offical sponsor for euro04 as well, however there were a number of payment options.

However, from recollection

A) There were a % of the overall ticket allocation that were reserved for those whose applications had opted to pay by Mastercard. (Thus giving you a slight advantage over say a Visa application).

B) A number of The Foot.ie posters that were sucessful had paid by Mastercard.

If you've got one I'd recommend using it!! ;)

eirebhoy
25/01/2005, 6:38 PM
I very much doubt this is the case, it restricts those who can apply by to great a number. They were the offical sponsor for euro04 as well, however there were a number of payment options.
I heard it on Newstalk last week. Just googled:

The first phase of ticket sales for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany begins February 1 when 812,000 tickets are released for general sale. According to the latest seating plans, the cumulative overall capacity for the tournament's 64 matches at the twelve stadiums in Germany will be 3.37 million. However, this figure will be reduced to about 2.93 million to allow for visiting state dignitaries, VIPs, media, security personnel and seats with restricted views. This first stage in the sales process will end on March 31. Tickets purchased during this time will be allocated by a lottery, not on a first-come, first-served basis. The lottery will be conducted on April 15, 2005, under notarial supervision and in accordance with German technical inspection authority (TÜV) standards. All successful ticket orders will be ratified by written booking confirmation, specifying the category and number of tickets allocated. Notification of precise seat numbers will follow at a later date. MasterCard is the only credit card accepted for the first four phases of ticket purchases. Other selling phases will take place from Dec. 1, 2005 to Jan. 15, 2006, Feb. 1, 2006 to April 15, 2006 and May 1, 2006 to July 9, 2006.
http://www.sportsfeatures.com/PressPoint/show.php?id=19346

Junior
25/01/2005, 6:53 PM
MasterCard is the official method of payment of the 2006 FIFA World Cup. MasterCard products are the only cards accepted for payment in the first four sales periods. Alternatively, payments can be made by bank transfer or direct debit. More information is available at www.mastercard.com/fifaworldcup.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050124/1/3041.html

Just got this from the offical site. Its a bit unclear, but Im guessing if you want to pay by credit card then it has to be Mastercard but alternatively you can pay by using your bank details.

either way it will restrict those who will apply in the first 4 phases.