PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mohan signs.....

Maz
17/01/2005, 6:35 PM
Taken from todays evening herald

Tom Mohan has agreed a move to FAI cup holders Longford Town.
The Fermanagh lad was a key member of the Finn Harps side which won the Division One title last season, but he is moving on and Town boss Alan Matthews was keen to sign up the former Northern Ireland U16 cap.
Mohan won a league title with Derry City in 1997 and Matthews believes his experience will be a key factor for Longford next term.

harpskid
17/01/2005, 6:56 PM
Might I be the first to wish Tom Mohan all the best at Longford.

He was instrumental in our league win and he'll do well for you.

A Finn Harps legend - good luck Tommy

Clones Road Cas
17/01/2005, 6:56 PM
aaarrrghhh

Longfordian
17/01/2005, 6:58 PM
Alan Mathews has always rated him highly and he's always been hugely popular in Ballybofey so hopefully he'll do well, don't let him near penalties mind you ;) ..Another good addition to our squad, we're strong in most areas now

Martinho II
17/01/2005, 10:59 PM
what a signing tom mohan is! very experinced player from his derry city days and then the harps!

he will add much needed experince to the midfield! some squad we have now! :D heres hoping davy byrne will come and his old form will return!

max power
18/01/2005, 3:49 AM
told ya marty

carrickharp
18/01/2005, 6:59 AM
Good luck Tom, it will be hard to watch you playing against us next season :( you got yourselves a good signing folks.

Sonic
18/01/2005, 3:33 PM
Not sure about this signing but then again im not sure about the signing of Myler eirther.We need proven quality.If he is as good as the above posts suggest why was he stuck in the first division for so long.Hopefully he does well for after all he is already a longford town legend for that peno mis so ill give him a fair go but Myler is crap im not changing my mind there. :cool: :ball:

sligoman
18/01/2005, 3:59 PM
aaarrrghhh

Did you really think he'd go to ye? In all fairness :D

Dillo
18/01/2005, 5:31 PM
We'll give the lad a chance. Haven't seen him in action yet so I won't judge him. Good job he missed that penalty that night in Ballybofey!! :p

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/01/2005, 6:37 PM
Im not sure about this signing. His cousin, Jen Fee works in Tramco. She was telling me that this is the move he has been waiting for, and the lure of European football proved too much for him. She believes that his limited appeances for Northern Ireland at underage level has more to do with his fondness for the high-life than his ability as a footballer.

Longfordian
18/01/2005, 7:49 PM
We'll see how he gets on but Harps fans have always rated him highly and he was voted on the PFAI First Divison team of the year this year, he must be useful enough

Martinho II
18/01/2005, 10:33 PM
Jan 18th 05 | Tom Mohan joins Longford Town

Longford Town FC can confirm that Tom Mohan has agreed to join Longford Town FC. Tom, who played for the last number of seasons with Finn Harps, becomes Alan Mathews' latest signing as he builds a squad for the season to come. Mohan left Finn Harps during the close season, having joined the Donegal club in 1998 from Derry City. The Fermanagh native will be a weclome addition to Longford Town's squad, having starred in Finn Harps' promotion from the First Division last season. He was selected on the First Division team of the season recently

Patrick Dunne
18/01/2005, 10:57 PM
As someone who has seen him play at first hand will testify.
He also meets your "non-local" policy. Prunty is from Dublin.

PD.

PS Please forgive the bitterness, we are intensely jealous of your recent achievements. :o

max power
18/01/2005, 11:04 PM
As someone who has seen him play at first hand will testify.
He also meets your "non-local" policy. Prunty is from Dublin.

PD.

PS Please forgive the bitterness, we are intensely jealous of your recent achievements. :o

wow thats amazing, prunty is from dublin......hmmmm how did i go to national school with him then ????

Longfordian
19/01/2005, 12:13 AM
Born in Dublin. He's longer in Longford than he ever was in Dublin. I was born in Galway but i'm not from Galway. But we'll excuse the jibes since you admitted you're just jealous ;)

Macy
19/01/2005, 7:32 AM
Bloody Salthillers - I remember when they used to be alright when they were Galway United.... :)

Wiseguy
20/01/2005, 8:55 AM
Tom Mohan will prove to be a good addition to the squad.He has been interested in joining the club for some time now and who can blame him.As per usual on any MB that LTFC fans use the knives are out already even though most haven't seen him play.IMO we have made 4 very shrewd signings and the team will be all the better for it now if all they had was some support wouldn't that be great but so much bitching and back biting goes on here i guess support would be a little to much to expect.

fbtn
20/01/2005, 10:11 AM
Im not sure about this signing. His cousin, Jen Fee works in Tramco. She was telling me that this is the move he has been waiting for, and the lure of European football proved too much for him. She believes that his limited appeances for Northern Ireland at underage level has more to do with his fondness for the high-life than his ability as a footballer.

As someone that is friendly with Tom I must say that of all the posts I've read this has to be the biggest laugh of the lot.

What high-life? He doesn't drink or smoke and is one of the most clean living footballers in the eircom League.

Tom is a great signing for you and I predict he'll be one of the most consistent players in your side. We're just sorry to lose to him.

observer
20/01/2005, 4:45 PM
Speculation in other threads about Vinnie staying or going. I wonder if a good First Division midfielder will prove to be better than we know Vinnie can be.
Hopefully Mohan has time on his side. How old is he?

max power
20/01/2005, 4:56 PM
mohan is 31......vinny is 28

Martinho II
20/01/2005, 6:30 PM
see in todays sun that this is third time lucky for tom mohan! he turned down martin lawlor last season and he turned down alan matthews last season! reason was he signed a contract with harps each time!

Sonic
21/01/2005, 3:34 PM
Tom Mohan will prove to be a good addition to the squad.He has been interested in joining the club for some time now and who can blame him.As per usual on any MB that LTFC fans use the knives are out already even though most haven't seen him play.IMO we have made 4 very shrewd signings and the team will be all the better for it now if all they had was some support wouldn't that be great but so much bitching and back biting goes on here i guess support would be a little to much to expect.

i presume that was for me and if you read my post carefully you will see i said ill give him a fair go still agin myler tho :D

Martinho II
22/01/2005, 3:10 PM
i was reading an old match program reading about tom mohan! supertom scored in the fai cup final against bray in 1999. now thats a little known fact!

Xlex
22/01/2005, 5:40 PM
there were a few scores in that triller. Wasn't one of the games a 3-3, no?

harpskid
24/01/2005, 7:04 PM
First game was 0-0. the first replay was 2-2. Harps led 2-1 (Tom scored one and Johnny Speake got the other) in the dying seconds but Bray equalised by virtue of a Tarzan O Brien goal. The second replay was won by Bray 2-1 (Tom scored the Harps goal that day as well)

Ahhh the memories :(

Wiseguy
26/01/2005, 9:57 AM
I had the pleasure of speaking to Tom Mohan the other evening and he said he is delighted to be joining Longford Town.He has been offered a good deal but he wouldn't give away to much and i can't blame him but i'm sure he will be an excellent addition both to the team and the club.