PDA

View Full Version : Housesharing - dont's

Pauro 76
17/01/2005, 5:37 PM
heres just a few donts from personal experience - ahem!

1) Never move in if your the only fella sharing a house with 3 or more girls. Your voice will NOT get heard. There will be only one loser. YOU.
2) Als make sure that your housemate actually has a job, when he on the phone talking 'business', and then myseteriously disappears, you then realise oh god, not chance of getting the che@ting b@stad to pay us back!
3) Try not to move in with someone who smokes dope for a 'past-time'. Chances are its a full-time hobby with 'friends' dropping by, really fellas with brown papers bags and cries of see ya bud.
4) Try not to move in with someone who's houseproud, relaxing in the evenings, with a can in your hand might just ruin the white carpets in the livinig room, which then ruins your image of relaxation. Or move into a house where you have to take your shoes off before entering the house.
5) Dont screw the crew. Just. Because.

tetsujin1979
18/01/2005, 8:54 AM
Just my advice, again from personal experience.

Never EVER live with a couple, there will only ever be one loser in any argument/discussion/conversation and it's gonna be you.
When you interview someone for the spare room in the house, if you reckon they're dodgy ask for an employer's reference and tell them it's the landlord's policy.

$Leon$
18/01/2005, 9:57 AM
heres just a few donts from personal experience - ahem!

1) Never move in if your the only fella sharing a house with 3 or more girls. Your voice will NOT get heard. There will be only one loser. YOU.

did just that never had any problems. ders 4 wans and me

Bluebeard
18/01/2005, 3:08 PM
4) Try not to move in with someone who's houseproud, relaxing in the evenings, with a can in your hand might just ruin the white carpets in the livinig room, which then ruins your image of relaxation. Or move into a house where you have to take your shoes off before entering the house.

I think you missed the obvious one there, Pauro - Never move into a house with white carpets.

All true though, I must say.

Never let a friend's girlfriend mind your house / flat / bedsit when you are away travelling, especially if she is the neat type. There are things I never found again until the day I was leaving it - important stuff like match programmes, newspaper clippings, subutteo players. Plus I had to deal with many of her female friends "tsk-ing" as I walked past for months after. The smell was a bit over-powering too.

Pauro 76
18/01/2005, 5:11 PM
Never EVER live with a couple, there will only ever be one loser in any argument/discussion/conversation and it's gonna be you.

Thats true and one i meant to include in my original list. Its totally true, you're just literally someone stuck to the sofa, if they're having an argument. Or when they ask what are you doing tonight in an attempt to get yourself out of the house for a "few hours"....

Pat O' Banton
19/01/2005, 1:34 PM
If your female and living with blokes never leave them alone in the house for too long, they will inevitably get bored and do something stupid like buy a rabbitt (as me and a mate done once.)

Sinéad
19/01/2005, 2:19 PM
Just my advice, again from personal experience.

When you interview someone for the spare room in the house, if you reckon they're dodgy ask for an employer's reference and tell them it's the landlord's policy.

No problem living with a couple....Once you don't stand up for the person who is obviously in the wrong.... :rolleyes:

razor
19/01/2005, 3:28 PM
Once you don't stand up for the person who is obviously in the wrong.... :rolleyes:Which is obviously the man/butch lesbian every time. :(

harry crumb
19/01/2005, 3:39 PM
I thought you were talking about horsesharing.

Sinéad
19/01/2005, 3:40 PM
Which is obviously the man/butch lesbian every time. :(

Obviously!!!!

tetsujin1979
19/01/2005, 3:58 PM
No problem living with a couple....Once you don't stand up for the person who is obviously in the wrong.... :rolleyes:

You got lucky, the couple I lived with were a nightmare. Constantly in the house, smoking dope, watching vids and drinking wine. And pretty much nothing else. Couldn't have more than 2 friends stay over or they kicked up a fuss, but they could have as many as they wanted over for a dinner party!! Think I lasted about 6 months before I cracked and moved out, got a smashing place for 100 notes cheaper!