PDA

View Full Version : iPod

exile
17/01/2005, 3:37 PM
got me a 40gb ipod of santa for xmas but when i checked about how to change the battries etc they are pretty vague on the ipod homepage anyone help ????
any hints and tips too

Ruairi
17/01/2005, 3:48 PM
afaik ipod batteries are impossible to change, although i'm open to correction on that..

I fall in and out of love with myipod regularly... I love it when it works properly, but my ipod can act a bit strange every once in a while....like pauisng itself every ten seconds... or turning itself on in the middle of the night (a party trick of ipod it seems, it scared the bejeezus out of me one night when i went to the kitchen for a late night snack)...

and once it stopped working for a week for no reason whatsoever, and then started working properly when it bloody well felt like it.

However it's a quality piece of hardwars, and itunes is a pretty nifty bit of software.

My advice would be to create a load of playlists... like i've ones for rock, hip hop, chill out etc... depending on my mood...

i also link it up to my hifi via a phono cable, so there's no need for cds cluttering up the place...

also, what's next on my shopping list is an itrip (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/) which i'm told aren't entirely legal over here but what they hey...

and get a new set of of headphones, apparantly the white ones are an invitation to muggers...

crc
17/01/2005, 3:55 PM
I have the iTrip for my iPod, I wasn't aware that they weren't 'entirely' legal. The range on it is not that great (max 8-10m, but normally only about 2-3m), so the sound sometimes isn't that clear.

I use it in the car alot, to play throught the car's radio. Which is much better than listening to the radio or carrying around loads of tapes or cds.

exile
17/01/2005, 3:57 PM
what kind of headphones did you get ?? and is the sound louder.
and check your alarm on your ipod thats why it could be switching itself on .

so if i cant change the battery myself how do i change when the battery cycle goes down i assume they have to be sent away??

Ruairi
17/01/2005, 4:47 PM
and check your alarm on your ipod thats why it could be switching itself on .

AHHHHHHHH..... YEAHHHHHHH.... D'oh :o

i got a cheap pair of sony cans from HMV...

http://www.123av.com/media/images/products/MDR-V300.jpg

bout 40 yo yos i think.... sound is wayyyyy better... and i look like i'm in a hip hop video when i've got my hood up standing at a bus stop smoking a cigarette.. bonus...

exile
17/01/2005, 4:51 PM
just wondering cause some earphones dont work in the ipod

Adrianovic
17/01/2005, 5:46 PM
If any listeners are in the market for an iPod alternative, I picked up the Sony NW-HD3 20GB mp3 playing contraption for £220 from amazon.co.uk, not sure how much they are back home.

It's very good, and very hard to lay criticism at. It does lack a little on playlists, you can only 'bookmark' 100 tracks for it to work through, rather than the iPod set up.

Battery life is immense (30 hours).

Ade

exile
17/01/2005, 6:44 PM
The Ipod Has Only 12 Hrs Battery Life But The 40gb Can Hold Up Too 10,ooo Tunes I Got The Dock As Well Which Means You Can Plug Your Sterio Speakers Into It So It Can Be Played Anywhere

James
18/01/2005, 9:15 AM
check out the newly launched ipod shuffle its deadly
smaller then a pack of gum and as light as 4 euro coins
stores 512mb or 1gig and from only 99eurobucks

i love mine anyway :)

dahamsta
18/01/2005, 9:28 AM
so if i cant change the battery myself how do i change when the battery cycle goes down i assume they have to be sent away??Yes. It's a point of contention with many iPod users, google for "ipod battery" for more -- ipodsdirylittlesecret.com (or whatever) was the one that started the whole thing off, although that's been somewhat discredited now afaik.

adam

harpskid
18/01/2005, 9:51 AM
It is replaceable. See HERE (http://www.everythingipod.co.uk/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?aff=&pg=cat&ref=14&bbcam=adwds&bbkid=ipod+battery&x)

dahamsta
18/01/2005, 10:48 AM
It clearly says that that replacement battery is only for 1st and 2nd generation iPods. Moreover, exile would void his warranty if he replaced it himself.

adam

exile
18/01/2005, 11:27 AM
found this site which was really helpfull

ipod battery faq (http://www.ipodbatteryfaq.com/#1)

pete
18/01/2005, 1:17 PM
i love mine anyway :)

But would you pay for it? ;)

James
18/01/2005, 1:38 PM
feck off pete
you hear an announcment of some 6.9billion in the bank last quarter and then we gets free ipod.. small change out 6.9bill

dahamsta
18/01/2005, 2:02 PM
I'd take my big horse of an iRiver over a pretentious, overpriced Steve Jobs job any day, thank you very much.

adam

James
18/01/2005, 2:15 PM
I'd take my big horse of an iRiver over a pretentious, overpriced Steve Jobs job any day, thank you very much.

adam

and almost immediately the share price drops below $70 :)

$Leon$
19/01/2005, 8:47 AM

adam

got one myself there recently adam class machines hard to come by though

Aldini98
19/01/2005, 9:38 AM
Shoulda got a Creative Zen instead :)

max power
20/01/2005, 5:01 PM

adam

well i've had both and i finally decided on the i river,

reasons ??

battery can be changed easily

hard drive can be upgraded in side

remote came as standard

as did a built in radio

as i've said above, i have owned both and the iriver is miles ahead.

and on headphones, an industry standard at this stage Sennheiser HD-25, they are bout 165 including vat....BUT i've had mine for 4 yrs and are used at least 3 times weekly as a dj, amazing sound and clarity.