PDA

View Full Version : LOI Supporetrs Clubs International Tickets No More??????

akearins
17/01/2005, 11:00 AM
I've jsut been on the phone to the FAI to confirm our ticket allocation for the portugal friendly. WE have been allocated tickets since the North Terrace was given over to the LOI fans and have attended all games since bar the Canada friendly and the latest friendly Croiatioa(due to a situation beyond our control). We travel from Sligo to Dublin and return for all games.
When I asked about our allocation for the Portugal friendly I was told we were not getting them since we missed the last friendly, one game.How and ever we were told that we would get our allocation for this game.
However when I asked about the qualifiers I was told it was "Highly Unlikely" we would get our allocation for the big games i.e. France and Switzerland but we have already attended all home( and France Away) the what the FAI deem "smaller games".
We were infromed over phone that we would be getting our allocation for all the friendlies /qualifiers and on this basis have collected all monies booked all buses and lads have taken holidays to cover this. We are even planning the Cyprus trip so we can get the Swiss game in on the return...

Can anyoen tell me if this North Terrace initiative for LOI fans is now a dead duck since Fran has gone and are other LOI supporters clubs still getting their allocation

harpskid
17/01/2005, 12:00 PM
Afaik we're still receiving our allocation

jbyrne
17/01/2005, 12:44 PM
theres no way the match will be near a sell-out. tickets should be easy to get. however, even if you missed the last match the fai should have had enough business sense to know the portugal match wont be a sell-out and just given you your usual allocation anyway

Cowboy
17/01/2005, 4:11 PM
the name of the game is take tickets for all games whether you use them or not

soylent green
17/01/2005, 5:00 PM
Shamrock Rovers are getting our usual allocation

eirebhoy
17/01/2005, 6:18 PM
theres no way the match will be near a sell-out. tickets should be easy to get. however, even if you missed the last match the fai should have had enough business sense to know the portugal match wont be a sell-out and just given you your usual allocation anyway
Of course the Portugal match will be a sell out.

harpskid
17/01/2005, 6:29 PM
Of course the Portugal match will be a sell out.

I agree, can't see any reason why it wouldn't be for the Portugese!

GalwayFrancis
17/01/2005, 7:42 PM
Can anyone tell me if this North Terrace initiative for LOI fans is now a dead duck since Fran has gone and are other LOI supporters clubs still getting their allocation

i hope it still is for GUfc but i dont know,, gufct can you fill us in?

Superhoops
17/01/2005, 7:57 PM
the name of the game is take tickets for all games whether you use them or not
This has been the policy since the Brazil/Czech/Romania package last year, however the FAI only confirmed this policy in June after the games were played.

It is surprising that regular supporters did not take up their allocation anyway, when (a) the application clearly stated it was a 2 match package and (b) it has been clear for six months that if you decline to take up any tickets offered, you may not be offered them for subsequent games.

Cosmo
18/01/2005, 1:21 PM
We've our usual allocation for this one but in saying that we've taken the same number for EVERY match.

Basically, what I was told was that we had to take the same number of tickets for every friendly or qualifier when offered otherwise we lose out for the next match.

As regards when France/ Switzerland come to town - the EL allocation is not guaranteed even if you take them for all previous friendlies/ qualifiers - we only get some sort of preference if either return tickets. (which was the situation since this started so while it's not perfect it's the best that can be done).

As said above 'the name of the game is take tickets for all games whether you use them or not'

Macy
18/01/2005, 1:33 PM
We were told clearly at the start of the campaign that we'd have to take the same amount for every game, competitive or friendly.

As regards the "Big" games, I thought we were due to get them this time?

tiktok
18/01/2005, 1:46 PM
As regards when France/ Switzerland come to town - the EL allocation is not guaranteed even if you take them for all previous friendlies/ qualifiers - we only get some sort of preference if either return tickets.

that's no longer the case. we relied on returns when the scheme started, but an actual allocation has been put aside in this WC campaign as far as i know.

harpskid
18/01/2005, 2:42 PM
that's no longer the case. we relied on returns when the scheme started, but an actual allocation has been put aside in this WC campaign as far as i know.

Aye think yer right Tiktok, don't think we have to rely on other nations not taking up their full allocation anymore

gspain
18/01/2005, 7:22 PM
I know it is harsh but you've lost your tickets because you didn't buy for Croatia. Those are the rules of the block booking system. There is a long wiating list to get on the system and another load of people who can't even get on the waiting list.

Awaqy games don't count btw.

You don't have to go to all the games but you do need to buy your tickets for all games.

It is nothing to do with being an LoI fan.

akearins
18/01/2005, 7:27 PM
Glad to see we all support each other here!!!!!Yes I totally agree the tickets should always be taken regardless of if you can travel or not,but a situation arose where we wer unable to travel or go about asking for money for tickets at the time...However the situation has been somewhat cleared up so see ye all at the Portugal game

Cowboy
18/01/2005, 10:16 PM
I know its tough but you are better off taking a hit on a game financially, take the tickets even if there is no chance of selling them.

Glad to see we all support each other here!!!!!Yes I totally agree the tickets should always be taken regardless of if you can travel or not,but a situation arose where we wer unable to travel or go about asking for money for tickets at the time...However the situation has been somewhat cleared up so see ye all at the Portugal game

Eire06
19/01/2005, 9:48 AM
There are plenty of people on the waiting list who struggle every match to get tickets that would gladly buy tickets for all the matches in exchange for regular access to tickets......

monutdfc
19/01/2005, 10:06 AM

Is that true? Excellent news if it is :)

thecorner
20/01/2005, 11:18 AM
also recieved our allocation