PDA

View Full Version : Rooney phone incident

sligoman
16/01/2005, 4:02 PM
Football Association chiefs will await police reports before deciding whether or not take take any action over an incident in which Wayne Rooney had a mobile phone hurled at him.

The phone was thrown at Rooney as he celebrated his goal in Manchester United's 1-0 victory over Liverpool by taunting the Kop.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p234.htm

This was a disgrace and Liverpool should be severly punished

strangeirish
16/01/2005, 4:14 PM
But it's the only way to get through to him :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
16/01/2005, 5:16 PM
But it's the only way to get through to him :D

Brilliant! :D :D

4tothefloor
16/01/2005, 5:25 PM
Why should Liverpool be severly punished? It's the one idiot out of 45,000 people that should be punished, and banned from Anfield. He's probably the first Liverpool fan at Anfield to throw someething at an opposing player in the last 20 years. The phone didn't even hit him, or land anywhere near him.

In fact, wasn't there a rule brought in a couple of seasons ago barring opposing players from celebrating goals in front of home fans, in an inciting manner? This was brought in because the likes of Beckham kept going to the away supporters to celebrate goals, thus causing aggressive reactions in the crowd. Rooney should be given another nice little 3 game ban and fine for his behaviour, which was childish and idiotic. Staring down and ranting at the Kop, what did he expect? Especially after he sold his story to the S*n earlier on in the season, a paper that is despised by all on Merseyside. He's almost as stupid as Di Canio

TheJamaicanP.M.
16/01/2005, 5:37 PM
Why should Liverpool be severly punished? It's the one idiot out of 45,000 people that should be punished, and banned from Anfield. He's probably the first Liverpool fan at Anfield to throw someething at an opposing player in the last 20 years. The phone didn't even hit him, or land anywhere near him.

In fact, wasn't there a rule brought in a couple of seasons ago barring opposing players from celebrating goals in front of home fans, in an inciting manner? This was brought in because the likes of Beckham kept going to the away supporters to celebrate goals, thus causing aggressive reactions in the crowd. Rooney should be given another nice little 3 game ban and fine for his behaviour, which was childish and idiotic. Staring down and ranting at the Kop, what did he expect? Especially after he sold his story to the S*n earlier on in the season, a paper that is despised by all on Merseyside. He's almost as stupid as Di Canio

Im not a fan of the fatman but he had every right to celebrate the goal. He received a lot of abuse from Liverpool fans and it works both ways. While I dont think the incident is severe enough to punish Liverpool FC, your argument that one fan should not lead to everyone's punishment, just does not stand up. It was one Roma fan that threw a missile at a ref earlier this season. Roma got punished severely for that.

4tothefloor
16/01/2005, 5:59 PM
What punishment did Arsenal recieve when Jamie Carragher was hit by a coin at Highbury (FA Cup game) a few years back? Rooney wasn't hit, there's a difference between being hit and having something thrown at you. In the Carling Cup semi-final, Man U fans threw stuff at Duff at Stamford Bridge when he was taking corners in the second half. There was no rumpus about that.

Rooney went looking for it. He should be punished for it, as it is clearly crowd incitement. A number of Liverpool fans made instant complaints to the police, so there is a police report due on the matter. I wonder will he stare down the Everton supporters who will give him even worse stick at Goodison park? Everton fans, pies at the ready :D

DolansWaistcoat
16/01/2005, 7:13 PM
What punishment did Arsenal recieve when Jamie Carragher was hit by a coin at Highbury (FA Cup game) a few years back? Rooney wasn't hit, there's a difference between being hit and having something thrown at you. In the Carling Cup semi-final, Man U fans threw stuff at Duff at Stamford Bridge when he was taking corners in the second half. There was no rumpus about that.

Rooney went looking for it. He should be punished for it, as it is clearly crowd incitement. A number of Liverpool fans made instant complaints to the police, so there is a police report due on the matter. I wonder will he stare down the Everton supporters who will give him even worse stick at Goodison park? Everton fans, pies at the ready :D

He'll love that because I read somewhere his favourite food is beans and pies. :D
Mobiles hurt much more when they hit ya but with a fat sumbag head thats used to taking knocks all its life like Fatty Rooneys,I would say he wouldn't even feel it. :D ;)

A liverpool fan has been arrested but the police won't say if it's a connected issue.Ban the fan and also ban the Fat man for provocking the crowd,thats what I say.

4tothefloor
16/01/2005, 8:01 PM
Agree, that's what i said as well

Maybe the mobile phone thrower was an aggrieved grandson? After all, Rooney has shagged half the granny population of merseyside :eek:

sligoman
16/01/2005, 9:49 PM
Why should Liverpool be severly punished?

Because this is alway's the way it works, may not be the fairest way but it is alway's the club who is punished

Thomo
16/01/2005, 10:08 PM
Rooney should not have gone to the kop end , but at the same time, no way should a phone been thrown, throwing missiles is senseless and stupid. but its fair to say, on merseyside wayne rooney won't get a good reception :D

sylvo
17/01/2005, 12:49 AM
Was the phone on a contract or was it a pay as you throw phone.? :confused:

Closed Account 2
17/01/2005, 1:18 AM
It seems likely that Liverpool will get fined, as thats what usually happens.

For his incitement I think Arbuckle should be given some degree of punishment as well - maybe no sloppy seconds (at dinner) for a month or something.

Someone sent me a link to funny cartoon about him a while ago, entitled "Guess the footballer", its probably a bit too rude to put up on here, but PM me if you want it.

Roo69
17/01/2005, 8:49 AM

I take it that you absolutey hate man utd ? Ronney was getting abuse everytime he touched the ball, he scored and had every right to do what he did. Why would he do that to Everton fans ? he supports Everton FFS, meaning that he would not like Liverpool, hence it was even sweeter for him to score in front of the kop after being hounded for 21 minutes before he scored. Anfield was stunned (apart from the utd fans) and fell silent, all Rooney was doing was saying - i can't hear you now :D

United fans didnt throw anything at Duffer, they wouldnt give him the ball back, 2 or 3 match programes were thrown UP in the air.

eoinh
17/01/2005, 9:54 AM
Nothing surprises me about Liverpool ever since Heysel and when theyre fans attacked the family enclosure. The entire club should have been disbanded at the time.

Their official website is a disgrace in regard to that trying to put the blame on the Italians.

From players involved in bettings scams, trying to attract money from human rights abusers and their fans throwing objects at other teams' players their behaviour wants me to puke. I wont actually contribute anymore to this thread as they disgust me.

Aldini98
17/01/2005, 11:22 AM
Nothing surprises me about Liverpool ever since Heysel and when theyre fans attacked the family enclosure. The entire club should have been disbanded at the time.

Their official website is a disgrace in regard to that trying to put the blame on the Italians.

From players involved in bettings scams, trying to attract money from human rights abusers and their fans throwing objects at other teams' players their behaviour wants me to puke. I wont actually contribute anymore to this thread as they disgust me.

Well since you put it in writing that you won't be back I'll just say its good that you won't. It's pretty clear you have a major problem with Liverpool F.C. since you are talking about something that happened so far in the past (Surely this would MAKE you a Liverpool fan). Most people know that what happened at Heysel was down to fans calling themselves Liverpool fans. Liverpool had an exemplory record for fan behaviour in Europe before 1985, the same can not be said of Man U though.

If this "disgusts" you so much, maybe you should live in a cave on Mars because they are far worse things to be disgusted about in this world of ours. (Sir Alex chewing gum with his mouth open for starters).

On a side issue, anyone that thinks a Best Of is their favourite CD needs a slap in the face. Try buying their catalogue :rolleyes:

stickyjoe
17/01/2005, 11:49 AM
typical. the famously "good natured scousers" give rooney a load of stick and then when he does score and run on front of them, the liverpool fans are deeply shocked & offended by it and go running to the police.

absolutely pathetic, these "great" supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

Aldini98
17/01/2005, 11:55 AM
He should be punished for it, as it is clearly crowd incitement. A number of Liverpool fans made instant complaints to the police, so there is a police report due on the matter.

typical. the famously "good natured scousers" give rooney a load of stick and then when he does score and run on front of them, the liverpool fans are deeply shocked & offended by it and go running to the police.

absolutely pathetic, these "great" supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

Jackell and Hyde post if ever there was one. :D :D :D

Éanna
17/01/2005, 12:11 PM
Rooney must have known that he was risking getting something chucked at him for what he did- in that respect, he was a bit stupid. That said, the liverpool fans were on his back from the start, and he scored at that end- IMO he's entitled to celebrate his goal there. If fans are going to give abuse, they can't be so bloody sensitive about it if they get a bit back.

Karlos
17/01/2005, 12:19 PM
Have to say, can't see anything wrong with Rooney celebrating the goal in front of the kop holding his ears - are we that fickle as fans these days that we can happily ignore chants by fans about players wives & children, the colour of their skin etc but are disgusted at a fat cheating scouser holding his ears to the crowd after a goal. (I am not for one minute suggesting Liverpool fans are racist but more so about fans in general who tolerate this kind of behaviour)

I'd love to know how many of the fans who filed police reports about Rooney also gave the seat number of the thrower of the phone or reported incidents of abusive behaviour.

The football world is gone mad when you can no longer celebrate a goal at any end of the ground - home or away! If he has stuck his fingers up or something that would be a different matter but he didn't.

drinkfeckarse
17/01/2005, 12:35 PM
All fair comments IMO about him being entitled to celebrate in front of the Kop. What got my goat was the manner though.

I know there is no correct way of celebrating in front of away fans but to see the fat pr!cks face contorted with hatred made me want to knock his lights out. Then to see him going back for seconds after being pulled away :mad: ...like I said, no excuse for throwing objects at a player but I'd ALMOST excuse it for him :D

Karlos
17/01/2005, 12:39 PM
on a lighter note - perhaps if anything should have been thrown it should have been aimed at Dudek!! :D I mean what the fudge was going on there! If it had of been Bruce Grobbelaar the betting police would have nabbed him at halftime! :D

4tothefloor
17/01/2005, 6:25 PM
On a side issue, anyone that thinks a Best Of is their favourite CD needs a slap in the face. Try buying their catalogue :rolleyes:

Three rubbish films to boot :D Regards his rant, maybe he's suffering from a bout of Dunphyism? It has all the hallmarks anyway.....

Macy
18/01/2005, 12:26 PM

That's the desk covered in tea after reading that. :D

The scousers were giving Rooney abuse, he scores and holds his ears out (a little bit more), and then they go running to the plod. Small time from what used to be a big club.

btw the Police have dismissed all complaints, as shockingly holding your own ears isn't actually an offence.

Incidentally, great to see more consistency by the FA, re: Gerrards elbow on Scholes. Nice of the BBC to totally cut it from their highlights as well, I'm sure if it had been the other way round it wouldn't have made the cut either :rolleyes:

Karlos
18/01/2005, 12:31 PM
Incidentally, great to see more consistency by the FA, re: Gerrards elbow on Scholes. Nice of the BBC to totally cut it from their highlights as well, I'm sure if it had been the other way round it wouldn't have made the cut either :rolleyes:

In the interests of fairness, it was also great to see sky fail to show the Sami Hypia penalty incident again during commentary

re: Scholes - wasn't it Mr. Ferguson who said the Bolton lad Ben Haim was a disgrace to football for falling over like a sack of spuds after minimal contact - pot, kettle, black are words that spring to mind!

Macy
18/01/2005, 12:33 PM
re: Scholes - wasn't it Mr. Ferguson who said the Bolton lad Ben Haim was a disgrace to football for falling over like a sack of spuds after minimal contact - pot, kettle, black are words that spring to mind!
Yeah, Scholes rolled around on the floor for 3 minutes too :rolleyes: I'm sure David "FA" Dein would've spotted it and charged Scholes regardless had he seen it.

Karlos
18/01/2005, 12:41 PM
In fairness, I do believe it's Ole Gunner who actually holds the roll around record for his antics when campbell tickled his face 2 years back but sure we all know Utd don't dive about, it's Pires who does all that!

Was actually refreshing to see Rooney stay on his feet before being substituted!! :D

Closed Account 2
18/01/2005, 11:28 PM
In fairness, I do believe it's Ole Gunner who actually holds the roll around record for his antics when campbell tickled his face 2 years back but sure we all know Utd don't dive about, it's Pires who does all that!

Was actually refreshing to see Rooney stay on his feet before being substituted!! :D

I dont know there seem to be a lot of divers in the Premier League these days, this notion that its "just done on the continent", "just in foreign leagues", etc doesnt really ring true now.

Watching Alex Ferguson go off in a strop after the Porto match last season was a fairly amusing sight, if only for the audacity of him... He might have had a point over the 90 mins but someone should tell him you reap what you sow, and any team that has Van Nistelroy and Cristiano Ronaldo in it cant really complain about opposition diving. I guess he's just bitter that as sun's setting on his team's years of domestic dominance he sees he's only managed the one Champions League. Hence the failure is blamed on the antics of the opposition, and the real issues (eg poor goalkeepers, expensive flops, failure to replace players sold and an ageing team) are brushed under the carpet.

4tothefloor
19/01/2005, 12:17 AM
:confused:

Most people know that a section of Liverpool fans rioted at Heysel stadium which riot led to the deaths of 39 Italians. There has been some rash of conspiracy theories alright - remarkably I've even seen Chelsea fans blamed.

Having said that, the issue regarding Rooney is a storm in a teacup. Maybe find and ban the fan that threw the phone but that's about it, certainly doesn't merit sanctioning the club.

There's an ariel picture of the riot in one of Liverpools Official history books (it's updated and re-released every year, I think the authors name is Stephen Kelly). It shows a number of fans in the thick of it wearing jerseys of certain London clubs. There is a fan who was quite clearly wearing an Arsenal jersey for example. Don't recall seeing any Chelsea tho, but they would be harder to see, as the Arsenal jersey is quite prominant in style.

Up to Heysel, there was no previous history of Liverpool fans misbehaving in Europe, or England for that matter, and thats after winning 4 European cups and a UEFA cup. Then all of a sudden Heysel? The people who started the riot were not Liverpool fans, but genuine Liverpool fans did get caught up in the midst of it. "Fans" who were members of the national front travelled to the game and started the riot. These are the same fans that rioted big time at Euro 88 a year later, and went on to cover themselves and England in glory for many years afterwards in supporting the English football team abroad. While this hooliganism has been curbed in recent years, would it be fair to say that the English "fans" that rioted at Lansdowne are a true reflection of English football supporters, seeing that we know now that it was Combat 18 that orchestrated that riot? I don't think so. Similarily, Liverpools glorious history should not be blotted by the same idiots that rioted at Heysel.

.................................will believe what they want to believe, believe what the media feed them. I suppose ye believe what the S*n spouted out about Hillsborough as well? :rolleyes:

EDIT: By the way, I'll try and get hold of that book next time I get home so I can scan in the picture that I'm talking about. Might shut a few people up here

Macy
19/01/2005, 12:33 PM
there was no previous history of Liverpool fans misbehaving in Europe, or England for that matter, and thats after winning 4 European cups and a UEFA cup.
Maybe you should try telling that to authors of the various books about the Liverpool firms. Every club, bar none, in England had firms and there was trouble at most matches (and still is, including those involving Liverpool). All of those charged after Heysel were from Merseyside (presumably all Evertonians?).

nlgbbbblth
20/01/2005, 8:11 PM
This was a disgrace and Liverpool should be severly punished

normally I would agree - throwing a mobile phone at a player is out of order and the perpetrator should be punished.

HOWEVER an exception should be made as Wayne Rooney was the target.
He deserves it.

jockser
21/01/2005, 9:34 AM
Maybe you should try telling that to authors of the various books about the Liverpool firms. Every club, bar none, in England had firms and there was trouble at most matches (and still is, including those involving Liverpool). All of those charged after Heysel were from Merseyside (presumably all Evertonians?).

Strange to think that a few hours earlier we had been playing footy with the Juventus fans in the road outside the stadium. A few hours later we were pulling the bodies of Juventus fans out from under that wall.

I didn’t realise how heavy cement and brick could be. But when a piece of wall is lying across the chest of middle aged man you get an extra strength. You can lift in a way you could never do in any other circumstance.

I couldn’t understand a word his mate said but he was crying and he was leaning on me and sobbing in great chunks of raw emotion. We didn’t know what the hell was happening.

I was at the ground as a radio reporter for a Liverpool radio station covering the match from the terraces. I was picked because I was also a Liverpool fan. My job was to add atmosphere pieces to the commentary from my colleagues in the box high above the pitch.

I had travelled on the train with the rest of the Liverpool fans. I had my carrier bag with clean underwear, a toothbrush and some chocolate and some beer.

We got there early. We played footy in that big dual carriageway outside the ground. The Juventus fans were great fun, we felt close to them in that unique way only European football can create.

For some reason they let us in early - so very early. I think it was about half four in the afternoon when we climbed the crumbling concrete steps to stand on the decaying open terrace that was the Liverpool end of the Heysel Stadium.

It was hot in the uncovered end. And although it is always fun waiting for a match to start, three hours was far, far, far too long.

There was a chicken wire fence separating the Liverpool fans and the Juventus fans in the XYZ section. They had the small bit. Most of their fans, including the dreaded Ultra Force, were behind the other goal on the far side. We sang our hearts out and got through the whole repertoire before the atmosphere changed.

Rockets, the type you get on bonfire night, were fired into the Liverpool fans. Next to me was a typical Liverpool granny with a knitted bobble hat, a shopping bag with a flask of tea and a dolly dressed in Liverpool’s colours and pinned to her red coat.

She meant no harm yet she was a target. The fireworks rained in on us. Some panicked. The terracing was poor, the concrete was crumbling, the crush barriers too far and few between. I wanted to protect her. But we were tumbling forward and I lost contact.

The only thing separating us from the Juventus fans was a thin strip of what could only be described as wire netting. The fans got restless, partly through the heat, partly through boredom and partly because they were fed up of being sitting ducks for the fireworks raining down on them. Then the abuse started. The Juventus fans behind the chicken wire chanting, the Liverpool fans responding.

And all would have been fine had it not been for the police. The rubbish Belgian police who were armed to the teeth but had no bottle.

I was standing next to an undercover Merseyside police officer who I had got to know in those terrible moments as the disaster unfolded. In those seconds he told me that six Liverpool bobbies could have held the crowd back by linking arms.

Instead the Belgian police with riot gear and clubs ran away from the fans. Yes they actually ran away from the Liverpool fans! What sort of policing is that? You charge the fans with your riot shields, helmets, visors and clubs and then you leg it when the fans turn on you? So what happens then? What happened when a bunch of fans push forward and the police run away? Well it is not bloody rocket science! What happens is the fans keep pushing forward. And what happens when thousands of fans push forward and the only thing separating them from the Juventus fans is chicken wire? Well obviously the chicken wire falls down. And what happens then is that the Juve fans run, the wall falls, people die and the authorities wade in and start to blame.

Nobody wanted death. Nobody wanted to see an Italian hurt. Why oh why did it have to happen? It unfolded like a preordained chapter in a particularly nasty Steven King novel. There was no stopping the event. Looking back it feels like it was slow motion. It was chilling, cold, gut wrenchingly awful. It was a horror movie acted out in slow motion but the difference was that the blood and pain were real.

My dad had died a few months earlier. My wife to be was back home watching it on the TV but, as was the custom, had the sound turned down and the local radio station on for the commentary.

The commentators, my mates, said they had a reporter in the XYZ section but that they hadn’t heard from him. They hoped he would be ok but there was no way I could confirm that. My broadcasting equipment was wrecked and anyway I was too busy helping out.

I crossed the fence and, along with many of the soon to be maligned Liverpool fans, tried to help.

We tore away at concrete, cement and brick with our bare hands. We helped the paramedics drag bodies out of the debris. I had to hug an hysterical Italian woman who had lost a loved one. I had to keep moving, acting, instinctive animal reactions responding to an unfolding nightmare.

And then I was outside by an ambulance and we were walking on to that dual carriageway where we had played footy with the Juventus fans and danced the conga hours earlier.

And as the ambulance drove off the police descended. I saw them running at me. They had long sticks like large bamboo canes. They waded in. They didn’t want to hear what had happened. They wanted to hit and hit hard.

I still have an indentation at the top of my legs where the cane came down. I fell to the ground that the police trampled me under foot.

I had no idea what was going on in the ground. I didn’t care whether the match took place or not. I wanted to make sure all the Italian fans were rescued and that the Liverpool fans were safe.

Then the Ultra Force descended. They were masked with bicycle chains. We ran. An elderly woman wanted my help getting away. We found a railway station, I think it was called Jetta. I seem to remember there was a train to Ostend. It pulled in and left. Dozens of fans got on. I stayed where I was.

More fans arrived, dazed, frightened and traumatized. I got on the next train with them. It was a silent journey. I can remember no more. I can’t remember how I got home, I can’t remember the journey.

I remember a bar in Ostend and someone telling me Juventus had beaten Liverpool 1-0 in the European cup final. I didn’t give a toss.

YNWA Liverpool, YNWA Juventus

NeilMcD
21/01/2005, 9:51 AM
I think Euro 88 was 3 years after Heysel and not a year later but I could be wrong on this, I doubt it though.

Macy
21/01/2005, 10:08 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've heard it all now.

It was the police's fault for not charging the Liverpool fans - they weren't violent enough with the people causing the violence!

The things people will do to blame others.
Makes a change from the "it wasn't us, it was chelsea" line... :rolleyes:

jockser
21/01/2005, 10:38 AM

I've heard it all now.

It was the police's fault for not charging the Liverpool fans - they weren't violent enough with the people causing the violence!

show some respect !!
You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about what happened apart from what you read.....or better....what you choose to read. You sad bitter child.

The twenty six Liverpool fans charged over Heysel were scapegoats. Im not saying liverpool fans were innocent. I am saying Liverpool AND Juve AND the police on that day were ALL to blame
The faults of Heysel run deep, with a corrupt UEFA choosing a stadium based on political expediency and backhanders, a stadium that was so dilapidated it was not fit to host a game of schoolgirl netball never mind a European Cup Final. They lie with the Belgian authorities whose corruption allowed a national stadium to deteriorate into such a state of disrepair yet never did anything to discourage such major events. They more than anyone knew that Heysel was a time-bomb waiting to explode, yet continued to exploit the situation for personal and national financial gain. It lies with the Belgian police whose professional ineptitude meant that there were little if any proper security measures in place at the stadium, who panicked faced with a manageable crowd control problem.

I know you get your sad little kicks from making up anything you can about Liverpool Football Club just to rise a few members in here....thats fair enough.... BUT i would ask you to keep your views on this sensitive subject to yourself please....clearly as you know nothing about it.

I do enjoy the banter and slagging in here but lets not cross the line please

Macy
21/01/2005, 10:43 AM
show some respect !!
You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about what happened apart from what you read.....or better....what you choose to read.
Surely your choosing to believe just one angle on it too though?

And show respect to who? Conor hasn't posted anything implying blame on the Juve fans....

drinkfeckarse
21/01/2005, 10:58 AM

I've heard it all now.

This is one mans account of what happened at Heysel, granted there are many others and they will differ by nature but there is no need to behave like an ignoramous.

From what I could gather from his view was that the Liverpool fans pushed forward in panic to get away from the fireworks NOT to cause violence as you would so love to believe.

You are normally very good at putting your arguments across Conor and I enjoy debating with you but that responce is pathetic :o :mad:

jockser
21/01/2005, 11:02 AM
Surely your choosing to believe just one angle on it too though?

And show respect to who? Conor hasn't posted anything implying blame on the Juve fans....

so you believe one angle and i believe another angle? fair enough! but can we stop talking about this subject please? And have some respect
I know how italian fans are. I lived there for 2 years. The have the biggest hooligan problem in europe. I also went to a roma liverpool game in 2000 where the police stood back and let the roma fans rip up their own seats and throw them at us along with bottles coins fireworks. A woman and a man either side of me had to go to hospital. Although i did not retaliate myself i did not blame the husband of the woman that got hit who did. Not to mention the many people with stab wounds in their legs from earlier in the day while visiting the sights of rome.
EVERY team has their hooligans these people are not football fans but thrive on causing violence. Hence hooligans from all over england and italy were at that game. Was it football fans that caused the deaths on that day? No just scum from england and italy and a pathetic inept police force.

jockser
21/01/2005, 12:02 PM
Hey, I'm not the one dancing on the graves of 39 dead Italians.

Im afraid you are !

Respect? 39 people are dead, and all you can think about is why it wasn't Liverpool's fault, and why some English club you happen to like should be absolved of their part in the horrific events.

Absolute tripe !!!read what i said above. I said ALL side were to blame which is a FACT!!!!

Respect? You think the integrity of a football club is more important than the lives that were lost that night.

NO it is YOU who think the integrity(or lack of it as you see it) of a football club is more important than the lives that were lost that night. Your intent to post thoughless comments on a club who you are obviously bitterly twisted towards seems to be more important than the lives that were lost. THAT is why i am saying show respect. But you obviously dont know what that means

Respect? You now mention something about general Italian hooliganism, as if that is relevant to the 39 families who lost a son, brother or father that night.
Something general? Im afraid it is something VERY relevant. They died because of hooligans from england and italy. The reason i metioned the italian hooligans was to shed light on the fact that they are not an innocent party on that night. Neither were english fans . Neither were the police
But according to you and a few sad individuals Liverpool football fans were solely to blame.

You realy have no idea about 'respect' so don't lecture others on it.
That is your lecture for today.

I will let you have the last word as you always do. I will be posting on this topic anymore.

Aldini98
21/01/2005, 1:22 PM
Promise.....?

nlgbbbblth
21/01/2005, 6:16 PM
Typical liverpool fan he cant celebrate his goal cos he is wayne rooney?I mean who does he think he is scoring against liverpool and celebrating - get a life dude.ya all the liverpool fans gave him loads of abuse as did exeter but just wait til englands next game and the fools will all have their england jerseys on with rooney on the back screaming on sky-news about how great he is :mad:

I support Man City and St Pats
I hated Rooney when he was with Everton too