Wexford Youths - Finn Harps

First Division
Friday:
Drogheda United - Cobh Ramblers
Shelbourne - Athlone Town

Saturday:
Limerick - Waterford United
Cabinteely - UCD

Suspensions (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/16442/suspension-list---week-9/)
Officials (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/16443/match-officials-appointed---week-9/)

joey B
29/04/2016, 11:49 AM
Big game in Ferrycarrig park,draw would do rightly for Harps but Wexford I'm sure will have to target games like this for maximum points,we are having terrible luck with injuries at the minute and I'm not particularly hopeful traveling with half a team out.

PartySaint
29/04/2016, 1:41 PM
Easy win for Cork tonight :(

El-Pietro
29/04/2016, 1:59 PM

Why would you say that? Just because you've been poor? Billy and Darren will be looking to get one over on us tonight. Will be interesting to see the reaction they get from the crowd.

Nesta99
29/04/2016, 2:12 PM
Bohs v Dundalk will be an interesting one considering the respective results or performances against Rovers. Could be the indication so far of where the 3 sides are in relation to each other and whether Bohs can continue to be the side that consistently has given us what seems the most trouble the last couple of seasons. Cork and Pats is intriguing with the Dennehys and that Pats need a big game and no better place than Turners Cross. Galway should pick up full points but Derry could find Sligo a bit trickier than expected. Youths have to pick up points if as said Harps are not particularly ship shape. Can Rovers lose 3 in a row to managerless Bray as the unrelegatables seem to fare better managerless?! Limerick v Waterford is just a cruel mismatch currently.

Jd2793
29/04/2016, 2:21 PM
Can see it being a cricket score for Galway tonight if I'm honest

PartySaint
29/04/2016, 2:29 PM
Why would you say that? Just because you've been poor? Billy and Darren will be looking to get one over on us tonight. Will be interesting to see the reaction they get from the crowd.

We've been poor and we've our goalkeeping coach in goal.

Darren won't play hopefully, if he does it'll be an ever bigger win for you guys

White Horse
29/04/2016, 2:41 PM
Bohs v Dundalk will be an interesting one considering the respective results or performances against Rovers. Could be the indication so far of where the 3 sides are in relation to each other and whether Bohs can continue to be the side that consistently has given us what seems the most trouble the last couple of seasons. Cork and Pats is intriguing with the Dennehys and that Pats need a big game and no better place than Turners Cross. Galway should pick up full points but Derry could find Sligo a bit trickier than expected. Youths have to pick up points if as said Harps are not particularly ship shape. Can Rovers lose 3 in a row to managerless Bray as the unrelegatables seem to fare better managerless?! Limerick v Waterford is just a cruel mismatch currently.

Bohs were the only team to have the measure of Dundalk last year. Dundalk are set up a little differently this year and are less open to counter attacks.

It will be interesting to see whether Kenny's tactical change makes much of a difference.

Rovers will be desperate for three points. I can see Fenlon getting the sack if they fail to beat Bray. Cork should have too much power for Pats.

Derry and Pats will be interesting, the two sides share a lot in common based on their visits to Oriel Park.

El-Pietro
29/04/2016, 2:50 PM
Bohs v Dundalk will be an interesting one considering the respective results or performances against Rovers. Could be the indication so far of where the 3 sides are in relation to each other and whether Bohs can continue to be the side that consistently has given us what seems the most trouble the last couple of seasons.
Really? If Boghs give you a good game its just further evidence of this being a season were very little makes much sense. Though if you beat them then we have a perfect little chain going on.

Dundalk are top, beaten by Cork City who were beaten by Derry City who were beaten by Finn Harps who were beaten by Galway United who were beaten by Shamrock Rovers who were beaten by St. Patricks Athletic who were beaten by Bray Wanderers who were beaten by Wexford Youths who were beaten by Longford Town who were beaten by Sligo who were beaten by Bohemian F.C.

D24Saint
29/04/2016, 2:52 PM
We have some decent moments this season but overall have been poor so it all points to a Cork win tonight. I'd still be hopefully of a draw but it all depends on how we shape up in terms of formation/line up & how PJ gets on between the sticks.

gufcfan
29/04/2016, 2:59 PM

With the players that are likely to be missing tonight, we will not be the same side we were. I'm not expecting that things won't go well, just saying, lads will have to step up. Likely Ludden probably on the left wing again, Foley probably in centre mid, possibly Byrne beside him. Folan out.

With everyone fit, I would have been hoping to have a real go at Longford, but you take that many out of the team not to mention their quality. A chance for lads to impress. They'll need to.

Nesta99
29/04/2016, 3:14 PM
Really? If Boghs give you a good game its just further evidence of this being a season were very little makes much sense. Though if you beat them then we have a perfect little chain going on.

Dundalk are top, beaten by Cork City who were beaten by Derry City who were beaten by Finn Harps who were beaten by Galway United who were beaten by Shamrock Rovers who were beaten by St. Patricks Athletic who were beaten by Bray Wanderers who were beaten by Wexford Youths who were beaten by Longford Town who were beaten by Sligo who were beaten by Bohemian F.C.

I think things are settling a bit more. Results are going to make more sense as teams have now found some form or rhythm, fitness should be kicking in properly and heading to the end of the first series. I doubt many of those results would happen if we started again now. Also teams cant dismiss results as early season bedding in now. But I would expect Bohs to put in a good performance as they did against Rovers bar the actual result. Id say confidence tokk a bit of a battering from that considering.

WoodquayBoy
29/04/2016, 3:32 PM
Not a hope - we are missing Connolly, Folan and Devaney, and possibly Sullivan. And while Faherty has been banging them in, none of our other strikers seem to know where the goal is. Would expect a bounce-back from Longford, Tony looking to get one over his former club and his cousin. Low-scoring or even scoreless draw

D24Saint
29/04/2016, 3:35 PM
Not according to Powers , Galway -2 only 7/2.

Jd2793
29/04/2016, 3:47 PM
Thought Connolly was 50/50 not definite absentee. Even with those out i'd be shocked if it wasnt a win for ye. Must win for us tonight against pats hopefully another quick start like the last 2 home games.

WoodquayBoy
29/04/2016, 5:27 PM
Not according to Powers , Galway -2 only 7/2.
Not a notion will we cover that

WoodquayBoy
29/04/2016, 10:22 PM
Not a notion will we cover that
As I said . . .

disgruntled
30/04/2016, 8:37 AM

As you said.
Easy win without having to do anything special. Pats were poor.

Pablo Escobar
30/04/2016, 9:09 AM
As you said.
Easy win without having to do anything special. Pats were poor.

Apparently we weren't great either. Having said that, nearly every set of fans of teams that we've played against for the past 3 years have been saying we were poor :D

Lim till i die
30/04/2016, 9:22 AM
Apparently we weren't great either. Having said that, nearly every set of fans of teams that we've played against for the past 3 years have been saying we were poor :D

It's your manager.

Ye should get a competent one, maybe consider winning a few things. :good:

GCdfc
30/04/2016, 9:23 AM

I still say it because in the past 3 seasons you still finished behind us. 😛

Pablo Escobar
30/04/2016, 11:23 AM
It's your manager.

Ye should get a competent one, maybe consider winning a few things. :good:
As opposed to Limericks strategy of getting relegated first? :p

White Horse
30/04/2016, 12:05 PM

No set of fans complain more about Cork City being poor than the fans of Cork City.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
30/04/2016, 5:09 PM
Comfortable enough victory for us up in The Brandywell. Finally begun to take some of the chances we were creating. Hard to believe Derry were in second place based on that. Hopefully beat the youths next week and it won't have been a bad first third.

Pablo Escobar
01/05/2016, 6:31 AM
No set of fans complain more about Cork City being poor than the fans of Cork City.

I think Dundalk fans win that title too tbf. Having said that our 'ethos' has not been good for the past 2/3 years. This has improved, but has been brought down by under-performing in too many games so far this season.

outspoken
01/05/2016, 8:58 AM
Rovers are the only team I haven't seen live so far and they are greatly underachieving so far this season and fenlon's time is numbered there as far as I can see. Out of all the teams I've seen, Dundalk were by far the best, Cork City have slipped up far too many times already so I've said it for about a month now but I can see a title challenge coming out of Derry city. Their style of play, their fitness regime and Rory Patterson gives them the weapons to be dundalks nearest rivals

Nesta99
01/05/2016, 12:49 PM
Rovers are the only team I haven't seen live so far and they are greatly underachieving so far this season and fenlon's time is numbered there as far as I can see. Out of all the teams I've seen, Dundalk were by far the best, Cork City have slipped up far too many times already so I've said it for about a month now but I can see a title challenge coming out of Derry city. Their style of play, their fitness regime and Rory Patterson gives them the weapons to be dundalks nearest rivals

Don't know about that as they are fairly much right at their level under Pat Fenlon currently with huffing and puffing against Bray for example. As a club in general they are underachieving but they are lacking on the pitch and have gone backwards on last season's efforts.

Oldred
01/05/2016, 1:31 PM
Easily beaten at home this weekend by a team who were bottom a couple of weeks ago. Can't see it happening this year!

redobit
01/05/2016, 2:24 PM

Bring out your trophies to prove them wrong. :p

outspoken
01/05/2016, 3:22 PM
Easily beaten at home this weekend by a team who were bottom a couple of weeks ago. Can't see it happening this year!

Don't know how Sligo hadn't a win up until last week. Playing great football. Clearly a case of just taking time to settle. The standard of the league is horrendous this year and Derry are as likely a challenger to Dundalk as any

Lim till i die
02/05/2016, 12:31 AM
https://youtu.be/pF9nTMXKO9c

Ouch.

Also, note Freddie Hall. :bulgy:

joey B
02/05/2016, 8:37 AM
Waterford look Like an U12 team the goals are that soft!!!

NeverFeltBetter
02/05/2016, 12:55 PM
Hall had a terrible game, and not just the goals. Skied at least three goal kicks out of play, lots of bad short pass decisions.

disgruntled
02/05/2016, 1:49 PM

We didn't need to do anything special.
Once we scored we were never in any real danger of losing.

disgruntled
02/05/2016, 2:01 PM
https://youtu.be/pF9nTMXKO9c

Ouch.

Also, note Freddie Hall. :bulgy:

I played with a keeper like that once upon a time But like Limerick we always managed to score more than what he left in.
Jokes aside you need to get a decent keeper when you return to the Premier div.

brendy_éire
02/05/2016, 3:11 PM
Hard to believe Derry were in second place based on that.

That's probably the worst we've played all season, and first game we haven't scored in.
Dreadful stuff though. Reminded us all of last season.

PartySaint
04/05/2016, 11:47 AM
. The standard of the league is horrendous this year and Derry are as likely a challenger to Dundalk as any

Outside of Dundalk and to a lesser extent Cork, the league is fairly **** poor.

It means anyone is capable of beating anyone tho