PDA

View Full Version : Team America : World Police

Ruairi
16/01/2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone see this? Saw it the other night and I broke my ass laughin at it...

Don't see it if you're afraid of puppets mind.....

Éanna
16/01/2005, 12:20 PM
Anyone see this? Saw it the other night and I broke my ass laughin at it...

Don't see it if you're afraid of puppets mind.....
how would you know- falling asleep in the middle of it ya muppet ya :D

excellent show

exile
16/01/2005, 2:42 PM
the most bad taste film i have ever seen i think people will either love it or hate it loved it

Schumi
17/01/2005, 12:34 PM
Saw it on Saturday, quality. :D

BeerBaron69
17/01/2005, 1:22 PM
I heard from a few people its supposed to be great

drinkfeckarse
17/01/2005, 1:28 PM
Saw a trailor for it, looked good. Comedy value alone for the sex scenes between the puppets!!

Bluebeard
17/01/2005, 1:44 PM
Classic - I went to see it immediately after Alexander to get the taste of propaganda (and rubbish) out of my mouth - wonderful cure.

Aberdonian Stu
20/01/2005, 12:50 PM
Very funny, fcuk yeah :D

sadloserkid
20/01/2005, 3:17 PM
I went to see it with an American girl the other night so wasn't sure how loudly I could laugh. :) Happily she enjoyed it too. It's funny alright though I think they overdo a couple of the gags a bit. Love that 'Pearl Harbour' song though! :D

finlma
20/01/2005, 8:03 PM
......though not sure about the tidal scene,after an 'explosion'....could have been edited out.

Why should that be edited out? :rolleyes:

Didn't think much of the movie myself. First half hour was funny but then the same jokes were repeated over and over. Parker and Stone should stick to what they're good at: Southpark.

finlma
20/01/2005, 11:32 PM
I'm certainly no prude,but in light of recent world events,anyone with 'half-a brain cell'......... :rolleyes:

The movie hardly mocks the Asian tsunami. Should all movies containing tsunamis be taken off the video shelves too? :rolleyes:

tetsujin1979
21/01/2005, 9:42 AM
Saw it last night, thought it was really funny, but the jokes faded towards the end. The speech he gives to out-act Alec Baldwin was classic.

Neish
21/01/2005, 10:47 AM
Saw it last night, very funny takes a **** out of the whole middle america view of the world. Great sound track too, "America oh yeah"

And that seen where the main guy is getting sick is just rotten nearly as bad as the resturant scene in Monty Pythons Meaning of Life.

Peadar
21/01/2005, 10:53 AM
though not sure about the tidal scene,after an 'explosion'....could have been edited out.

People can be a bit over sensitive sometimes.
At the Munster game last weekend a big Mexican Wave started.
I said "It's more like the Twickenham Tsunami!"
I had people telling me to cop myself on and that I was sick.
Get over it like!

Thomo
21/01/2005, 8:32 PM
to anyone who has seen it thsi will mean much:

everyone has aids :D

holidaysong
21/01/2005, 10:54 PM
Dirka Dirka, Mohammud Ali Jihad, Wugga Wugga, Dirka-Dirkastan. I loved the muslims talking in it.. wonder if any Texans will think they are speaking a real language :D

hudhastings
22/01/2005, 5:13 AM
Why should that be edited out? :rolleyes:

Didn't think much of the movie myself. First half hour was funny but then the same jokes were repeated over and over. Parker and Stone should stick to what they're good at: Southpark.

Totally agree he americans making sh*t of place like the eiffle and the pyrimed was fuuny . but sp is better as is basketball with parker and stone teamed up with the makers of naked gun. then theres orgazmo hillarious. their first movie cannible the musical is also good. Just because it got comercial success doesnt mean sh+t basketball is miles better. Then Cannibal the musical then team amerca then rgazmo./ all worth a look though

4tothefloor
23/01/2005, 8:13 PM
It's typical South Park humour. If you're into SP, you'll love it, if you're not, you'll just laugh at the Americans anyway

Best part of the movie: When they 'transformed' the actor into a muslim. The state of him :D

Slash/ED
23/01/2005, 8:19 PM
Yeah it's one you'll either love or hate but it's vintage South Park humour, espically the later episodes. It even had a good few refrences in it like the montage song which was lifted right from an episode.

The music was absolutley superb, "America, **** yeah" and the Pearl Harbour song, absolute class :D

Incidentally, I don't think anyone else has said it yet....

"Matt Damon" :D