PDA

View Full Version : Who is running setanta cup

kevincronin2000
14/01/2005, 10:57 AM
A few thoughts crossed my mind recently now i dont want to sound pesimistic but the following questions need to be answered.

If a player is sent off is his susspension only in that competion. If you recive a susspension from domestic competions can you serve it in the setanta cup.

If a club can be charged with misconduct for not controlling or ensuring saftey of supporters. Eg uefa can charge clubs for racism amongst supporters at european games. If el supporters get battered with potatoes or other objects while visiting il grounds what action can be taken against clubs and by whom? ( not sujesting this is going to happen but there is a few idiots at every ground in the world and they will probablly come out of the woodwork for the setanta cup games )

From visting il club websites they seem to have a lot of rules for supporters inside the ground. But they clubs have to be seen to enforce them for the setanta cup games and hopefully they will as it would be in there best interest that this competition is a success and that goes for clubs on both sides of the border.

Longfordian
14/01/2005, 12:54 PM
Suspensions operate separately from domestic competition as far as I know, I think Setanta are running it but im not sure

soccerc
14/01/2005, 1:01 PM
It's an FAI gig and suspensions etc will not effect players in any other competition.

pete
14/01/2005, 1:37 PM
I'm happy that City run match days at the cross in a responsible manner. FAI or IFA rules wouldn't worry me. City officials reacted to incident at rovers game last year whereas most clubs would have done feck all.

thecorner
16/01/2005, 3:15 PM
great question....reminds of another one i heard before...who owns the e.s.b. grounds? :D :D :D :D

anto eile
17/01/2005, 6:43 PM
I'm happy that City run match days at the cross in a responsible manner. FAI or IFA rules wouldn't worry me. City officials reacted to incident at rovers game last year whereas most clubs would have done feck all.

an incident where Rovers were the victims btw

exile
17/01/2005, 9:05 PM
an incident where Rovers were the victims btw

ya rovers are the victims off the eircom league badly run club, homeless, a certain scumbag element who are hell bent on causing trouble wherever they are :rolleyes:

mypost
20/01/2005, 3:13 AM
Just a quick reminder lads:- we're not in the Setanta Cup, so any security problems that arise won't be our fault this time. :rolleyes:

It's for that reason, that I think the Setanta Cup is a novelty tournament doomed to failure. I feel it's inevitable that there will be security problems at several of the games. I would be very surprised if there were no problems at all the games. I think the tournament is a bad idea, and probably won't last very long, for those reasons. :(