PDA

View Full Version : Last throw of the dice?

liam88
14/01/2005, 9:16 AM
Was talking to Trixie over the new year and he reckons it's make or break for us this season....if we don't get promoted we just won't have the support to for the forseeable future :(
Very sad that our once massive following is now lucky to reach 60 a match.

This means a high gate turnover in €600 and with the ref and his boys costing €750 between them we are relying on raffle tickets etc. just to keep our heads above water :(

Really hope we can make it this season and boost our support again witha premiership place!

drinkfeckarse
14/01/2005, 10:02 AM
Didn't realise it was that bad now :eek:

When I last played I'd say the crowds probably averaged about 800-1000, double that at least if we were playing City. That was in the Premier Division though.

I'd say if it hadn't been for the Roy Keane game (and obviously if anyone had any cop-on there, it could've been a lot more :rolleyes: ) they'd be in serious trouble by now. Must be losing money hand over foot.

pineapple stu
14/01/2005, 12:46 PM
Cobh's average is c250 per the attendances thread we ran here. Think they were pretty much accurate too. Though not all of those would have paid in...

Comic Book Guy
14/01/2005, 5:13 PM
don't know where a figure of 60 at a home game came from, the average crowd is better than that but is still very low, but probably is as good as others considering the seasons of poor results
I don't believe either that 'this is the last throw of the dice', from what i know the club has no debts after the sale of their training ground and with the money from the Man U game should be a lot more ambitious. I was told by the previous manager that his budget for players was the second lowest in the league and I cant believe that Stephen Henderson 's budget is any better.No, the problem is off the field, i was told that a lot of good people have been driven away from the club over the years by a bunch of small minded idiots who have no go or imagination in them and these same people are always around. The club badly needs to get rid of a lot of dead wood, try new ideas 'cos the old ones have not worked. If new people were to be in charge i think the club would be transformed, Ramblers if they were run right would be in the premier and not in the first going nowhere.

liam88
18/01/2005, 7:53 PM
ya the 60 a match statment was a bit stupid...

Ok I got that from the info from Trixie that our average turnover in 600 Euro.....thinking tickets are 10 euro each?

Obv I may have misunderstood......hope I am-if this isn't the last throw of the dice for us then that's great :D

Partizan
18/01/2005, 8:31 PM
I was at that infamous Cup Quarter Final in 2001 at St. Colmans and the place was rocking (literally) :D

Ground was packed. :ball:

Ramsey1
19/01/2005, 6:09 PM
Ya the atmosphere we class at that game. Its definitly not our last throw of the dice after every bad year thats always the rumour around town but we always drag on. We definitly need fresh faces in the club with an ambition