PDA

View Full Version : April 8-12 Fixtures

Pages : [1] 2

SwanVsDalton
08/04/2016, 7:16 PM
Derry two up against S'Rovers.

Is it too early to start talking about the league in Limerick terms? *cue Rovers comeback*...

SwanVsDalton
08/04/2016, 7:29 PM
Sligo take the lead against St Pats. Clarke should've done a lot better.

Derry just had a goal disallowed.

Not there, but the radio coverage suggests that Rovers haven't turned up.

outspoken
08/04/2016, 7:44 PM
Not the most thrilling of games on RTE. hopefully pats come out a bit better for the second half.

White Horse
08/04/2016, 7:56 PM
Not the most thrilling of games on RTE. hopefully pats come out a bit better for the second half.

Dull game. The Pat's crowd is very quiet.

Nesta99
08/04/2016, 7:58 PM
Derry two up against S'Rovers.

Is it too early to start talking about the league in Limerick terms? *cue Rovers comeback*...

Its amazing what can happen when the manager is happy with the dugouts' positioning!

Candystripe
08/04/2016, 8:13 PM
3-0 to Derry now. RPatz pen. Rvrs lucky to have 0

gufc2000
08/04/2016, 8:34 PM
Athlone 3-3 with Waterford after being 3-0 down!

pineapple stu
08/04/2016, 8:42 PM
Limerick now the only team in the First Division with a plus goal difference.

nigel-harps1954
08/04/2016, 8:44 PM
Watched a little bit of Derry v Rovers stream, Rovers were bloody awful.

Watched most of the Pats v Sligo game. Also not exactly a classic.

Feck Galway.

Hitman
08/04/2016, 8:52 PM
Outstanding performance from Graham Doyle at the Cross, it seemed like the ball was pinging around the Wexford area for the last 30 minutes but City were far too poor for the first hour to merit anything more than a point.

White Horse
08/04/2016, 8:53 PM
Corks fans debating all week whether they would beat Wexford by 4, 5, or 6 goals.

Guess what, Wexford are a decent team. It nice to see arrogance being punished.

oldyouth
08/04/2016, 8:58 PM
Corks fans debating all week whether they would beat Wexford by 4, 5, or 6 goals.

Cheers, means a lot. 5 lads in the army, 4 at college, 2 working in Lifestyle Sports, 1 working in Woodies and the rest in different jobs. All playing for expenses and the love of the round ball

patrickccfc
08/04/2016, 9:14 PM

Well I did predict 3-0 being honest as I thought we'd come out blazing after last week's disappointment. But wexford deserved their point. They started brilliantly and kept their shape after taking the lead. We didn't start to play until around 20minutes left, what followed was from the unbelievable to the ridiculous as to how we didn't get four or five down to both the keeper and some abysmal finishing. Overall very disappointing.

White Horse
08/04/2016, 9:17 PM
Well I did predict 3-0 being honest as I thought we'd come out blazing after last week's disappointment. But wexford deserved their point. They started brilliantly and kept their shape after taking the lead. We didn't start to play until around 20minutes left, what followed was from the unbelievable to the ridiculous as to how we didn't get four or five down to both the keeper and some abysmal finishing. Overall very disappointing.

Arrogance only starts at 4.0 ;)

We stole three points against Wexford. Rovers the same, from what I heard.

They are a well organised side with good technical ability. They will take points off sides.

mcgonigle
08/04/2016, 9:22 PM

A lot of our fans do the same in fairness. With all due respect, Cork should be beating Wexford at home if they want to win leagues

Lim till i die
08/04/2016, 9:30 PM
First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC took the first half off tonight for a nice rest.

Pitch was a little bit heavy so why bother trying and maybe getting wet or muddy.

Naturally got one goal just so drogheda rovers knew their place.

Got out of neutral for two thirty second bursts in the second half, two more goals, job done.

An admittedly poor return for us but everyone's entitled to a night off.

Highlight of the evening came at full time when we were held back for about twenty minutes before the event controller decided the only way to get us out of the ground was by leading us across the pitch to the other exit. I can confirm drogheda rovers pitch is not of a standard befitting the visit of a team of the calibre of First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC. I trust they'll take the next few months to rectify this.

Longfordian
08/04/2016, 9:40 PM
Good stuff from the official Wexford Twitter account during the match tonight

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/718535990374240258

Lim till i die
08/04/2016, 9:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfjR6cxWwAEcZ5k.jpg

outspoken
08/04/2016, 10:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfjR6cxWwAEcZ5k.jpg

Anyone who knows Jacapo from Twitter will love his line from tonight regarding Limerick. ''This is a Barcelona record, not a league of Ireland record so well done to them''

White Horse
08/04/2016, 10:20 PM
POLICE were called to Derry's Brandywell Stadium on Friday night after trouble flared ahead of Derry City's clash with Shamrock Rovers.

It is understood that there were skirmishes just before Derry's game with the Dublin club with a small number of fans throwing bottles and stones at commerical and residental properties on the Lecky Road.

One woman who witnessed the incident, but who did not want to be named said: "The Dublin fans chased young Derry City fans through the Brandywell."

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2016/04/08/news/trouble-flares-at-derry-s-brandywell-during-clash-with-shamrock-rovers-480059/?param=ds12rif76F

nigel-harps1954
08/04/2016, 10:31 PM
A friend of mine posted on Facebook a while ago on the same subject:

"So I went to maileys to play darts when some 13 or more shamrock rovers fans started running amuck and throwing bottles at the bar windows. As if that wasn't bad enough these young thugs were headed by a man in his late 30's or early 40's. Simple message if you don't want to come and watch the football stay the f*ck away. Your bull**** not welcome up here"

This is the sort of thing the media thrives on when reporting on the League of Ireland. Such a shame that it's creeping into the game here again.

Dodge
08/04/2016, 10:59 PM
Love how say the media thrive on it while you share your mates Facebook post. Ha

Also enjoyed the specificness of '13 or more'

Good to see the PSNI taking an interest

Longfordian
08/04/2016, 11:04 PM
Apologies if I'm missing something but are the PSNI actually commenting on people being removed from a ground they won't/can't go near? A ground rapidly developing a reputation as a 'high risk' area for away fans whilst they stay away? Jokers.

wonder88
08/04/2016, 11:16 PM
Tight game in Terryland, but I think Galway deserved the win. The goal came after a nice passing move, with Devaney playing a key part. There is more in this Galway side.
Harps were well organised and Scully showed some great skills, but they didn't attack often enough and with enough numbers. Two yellow cards from the ref who had a decent game. Well done Wexford on another good result.

nigel-harps1954
08/04/2016, 11:27 PM
Love how say the media thrive on it while you share your mates Facebook post. Ha

Also enjoyed the specificness of '13 or more'

Good to see the PSNI taking an interest

Something altogether different about a post on an online forum amongst other league of ireland fans and the media commenting on it.

Jd2793
08/04/2016, 11:45 PM
Awful first half from Cork. Rightfully got punished for some sloppy play in the first 20. Can't understand why Beattie was sat on the bench for as long as he was been our best attacking option since he came. Improved 10fold when he came on but some of the chances missed 2nd half were mad could have been 3/4-1 if not for their keeper who was brilliant and some poor finishing. Caulfield needs to get his act together 7 points dropped at this stage is very poor. Another season of mind boggling selection choices ahead it looks like. On wexford from what I saw tonight first half mainly they should be ok were miles better than Longford at least and if luck starts going in their favour and some of these late goals against them stop, they'll stay up.

venkman
09/04/2016, 12:05 AM
Watched a little bit of Derry v Rovers stream, Rovers were bloody awful.

The result nothing to do with Derry at all then :cool:

dong
09/04/2016, 1:08 AM
Such a shame that it's creeping into the game here again.

It never went away to creep back in.

brendy_éire
09/04/2016, 1:22 AM
Dandering down to the Brandy before the game, came across about 30 Derry Green Street wannaebes running up the Folly being chased by about a dozen Dubs.
Couple of Dubs were kicking away at a fella up against a Picasso.
We touched one of them saying "here lads". Reply was "yeah, fair enough" and they moved on.
Pre-arranging fights is a weird concept, but most of us were glad that the Derry ones 'lost'. Hopefully 'losing' to Rovers will kill off this craic.

On the match, sure aren't we all delighted. We were definitely the better side, with more going forward and holding our shape in defence.
I thought Shams were quite poor, and kept expecting them to produce more. In the end, it never came. Really poor performance.
We could have had a few more too, bar poor timing of runs.
Great buzz around afterwards too ; 12 points off the playoff spot. Couldn't ask for more!

joey B
09/04/2016, 1:46 AM
Dissapointing result for us in Galway,by all accounts Galway didn't play well but we weren't capable of taking advantage ,our lack of a goal scoring threat is a slight worry but players coming back to fitness will hopefully help.

Pats on Monday is a tough one to call, if Pats play like they did tonight I'd be confident of some kind of a result but could they possibly play that badly again they were atrocious.

And fair play to Derry seemed to have got it together and look like the only side in the division playing well.

thomas72
09/04/2016, 7:27 AM
https://youtu.be/cucdwzTCo18

Goals from drogheda v Limerick last night.

Pablo Escobar
09/04/2016, 7:42 AM
Wexford are a good side and were the better side in the first half last night. The second half was like the Alamo. I've never seen such a siege in all my time. Mark O'Sullivan even managed to put a ball on the line over the bar. Some ridiculous misses, saves and chances. I really enjoyed the second half but disappointed with the point in the end.

outspoken
09/04/2016, 10:00 AM
Personally think the hooligan problem is extremely over played. 13 years going to LOI games gome and away and I've rarely encountered anything more than a few jumped up kids who have watched one too many green street. Derry did cause problems here last season,.....Well by Derry I mean there casuals of a handful of kids dressed in awful clothing and who the real Derry fans wouldn't stand within 20 feet of.

TonyD
09/04/2016, 10:45 AM
Dissapointing result for us in Galway,by all accounts Galway didn't play well but we weren't capable of taking advantage ,our lack of a goal scoring threat is a slight worry but players coming back to fitness will hopefully help.

Pats on Monday is a tough one to call, if Pats play like they did tonight I'd be confident of some kind of a result but could they possibly play that badly again they were atrocious.

And fair play to Derry seemed to have got it together and look like the only side in the division playing well.

You're right, we were awful last night and if we repeat that you should beat us. We haven't been great this season by any means, but last night was woeful. We stole a point to be fair. Our midfield concerns me big time. Not much on offer there at all. Thank God for Christy Fagan. He's been living off scraps all season but still delivering the goods. Hopefully we can improve on Monday.

Ezeikial
09/04/2016, 11:15 AM
Pat Fenlon is "furious" with his team

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0409/780625-fenlon-blasts-off-key-rovers-after-derry-mauling/

Their next 3 league fixtures are

Bohs (away)
Dundalk (home)
Cork (away)

Things could get very hot very quickly around Tallaght!

Watching things Rovers implode is always good craic

outspoken
09/04/2016, 11:41 AM
Fenlon to be gone after those 3 games?

Town Legend
09/04/2016, 2:11 PM
Thunder, lightening and heavy rain down this way. Not a great evening for a game.

White Horse
09/04/2016, 2:32 PM
Is there a doubt over the game? I hear rumours of a pitch inspection.

ger121
09/04/2016, 2:42 PM
Personally think the hooligan problem is extremely over played. 13 years going to LOI games gome and away and I've rarely encountered anything more than a few jumped up kids who have watched one too many green street. Derry did cause problems here last season,.....Well by Derry I mean there casuals of a handful of kids dressed in awful clothing and who the real Derry fans wouldn't stand within 20 feet of.

Same here. Going to games 13 years myself. Usual handbags on Doyle's Corner. Worst I seen,was a scuffle outside of Tolka vs Rovers, where my Sister got knocked into a bush in a garden. Thankfully the bush was ok

Town Legend
09/04/2016, 2:44 PM
As far as I've heard the pitch was under water during the week because of all the rain. More heavy rain yesterday and today will not of done it any favours. I'm sure there'll be a inspection at some stage this evening, just hope they do it in plenty of time and not have the travelling support half way over the road before calling it. I remember a few years ago we travelled to Cobh and they didn't hold the pitch inspection until half an hour before kick off!! Game was called off and lets just say the Town support were not happy!

nigel-harps1954
09/04/2016, 3:01 PM
Longford pitch is a disgrace. How they get a licence I'll never know.

Town Legend
09/04/2016, 3:05 PM
In fairness it's better than Ballybofey's! So if you're calling for us not to get a licence over our pitch then Harps wouldn't get one either!! I'd say if you looked back over the years the amount of called off in Ballybofey would exceed that of Longford.

Town Legend
09/04/2016, 4:03 PM
Game on after pitch inspection.

Longfordian
09/04/2016, 6:59 PM
I wish it wasn't, 2-0 Dundalk after 23 minutes. I dread to think what score this could end up.

GCdfc
09/04/2016, 7:01 PM
I wish it wasn't, 2-0 Dundalk after 23 minutes. I dread to think what score this could end up.

6-0 hopefully. That's the highest earner bet I put on. :D

White Horse
09/04/2016, 7:21 PM
This game is last like a pre-season match. Dundalk still in first gear.

Longfordian
09/04/2016, 8:18 PM
4-0 Dundalk, few minutes left.

White Horse
09/04/2016, 8:49 PM
Long season ahead for Longford. Always nice to meet up with some good football people. There is a sense of resignation about the place.

Longfordian
09/04/2016, 9:05 PM
We are missing a few through injury but I had a lot of concerns about the strength of our squad to begin with. Since the opening match we've only got one point and only scored one league goal which was a complete fluke. I'm not sure who we're going to finish ahead of. I'd take 11th now to be honest.

WoodquayBoy
09/04/2016, 9:15 PM
We were poor last night but had just enough quality to beat a solid Harps team whose main problem would appear to be where goals will come from. They were a damn sight more impressive than Bray, Bohs or Sligo anyway (teams I've seen us play this year) and I'd imagine they'll be okay. Still living the dream ourselves - three home games, three wins, three clean sheets. Cork at home next week will be a massive test but if we get something out of that, we'll be well placed for a decent haul of points after first series of games