PDA

View Full Version : New Mann' Needed

galwaygirl
13/01/2005, 3:14 PM
In The Star today:

Galway United hope to appoint a new first team manager by the end of the week after Tony Mannion became the club's Director of Football.
The respected 53 year old has decided to slot into the role following discussions with United officials.
Mannion will oversee Galway's entire football operations in addition to the €6m training and youth academy complex at Drom.

United's directors are in the process of interviewing local candidates for the post and it's belived ex-Limerick boss Mike Kerley is a possible candidate.

Mannion was appointed Terryland Park boss in October 2001 after the short-lived tenure of Dave Connell who had succeeded Don O'Riordan in May.

The conclusion of Mannion's third term in charge of first team affairs at the club is regarded as a positive move by the club, allowing him to develop a long-term strategy for the development of all players.

Terry
14/01/2005, 1:19 PM
Galway United will be appointing a new club manager after Tony Mannion has taken up the position of Director of Football at Galway United. The position of Director of Football will take in Salthill Devon as well.

www.galwayunitedfc.ie

galwaygirl
14/01/2005, 3:07 PM
I really hope Kerley is the manager he is a great young manager and see wat he did with limerick in his first season got them in the playoffs and just lost out to derry, i am a great fan of his and i hope he comes to terryland park,

As soon as he left Limerick i said the same thing i.e. wouldnt mind seeing him come to Galway BUT there's no point in even speculating who our new manager will be. We'll just have to wait til next Thursday at the meeting to see :rolleyes: