PDA

View Full Version : City Are Chasing

thecorner
13/01/2005, 2:23 PM
former irish international davie savage of bristol rovers, tony tynan, cobhs darren murphy and derek is on the way back. all in spillages piece today

IMO only derek can actually make our team stronger

patsh
13/01/2005, 2:39 PM
Spillage is still banging on about Foley.....:rolleyes:
Does he not know Foley signed a two year deal with Bohs and doesn't want to play for City?
What a tosser (both of them)

I think Dolan wants Derek and Darren Murphy, and has two players in mind from England, which we won't hear about until he has signed them or is ready to name them.

Éanna
13/01/2005, 2:41 PM
Derek and Murphy would be good signings as we really need another centre half, if not 2. Savage might be a good player (I honestly don't know) but he'd probably want big wages, so I'd question the wisdom of signing him, and tynan :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

SÓC
13/01/2005, 4:50 PM
Tynan :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Tynan is a quality quality player, he just needs someone who will give him the kick up the arse he needs. Has the potential to a fantastic player, Tony Sheridan, Trevor Molloy, Cantona, Gazza etc

Gary
13/01/2005, 5:39 PM
^^^

He has played all across the back four for ramblers, and as a defensive midfielder as well.

Good player, but Im not sure is he ready for the Premier Division yet, much like Brendan Sweeney.

ollie
13/01/2005, 6:45 PM
Tynan is a quality quality player, he just needs someone who will give him the kick up the arse he needs. Has the potential to a fantastic player, Tony Sheridan, Trevor Molloy, Cantona, Gazza etc

i'll second that. :ball:
he's the kind of flair player that would be handy to have around.

Troy.McClure
13/01/2005, 6:58 PM
Couldnt see him getting in ahed of the Conna Maradona though (he did play on the left didnt he?). If Cobh arent interested in heeking him on then why should he be good enough for the premier? :confused:

SSS
13/01/2005, 7:07 PM
Tynan wasn't good enough first time around but thought that he was so wouldn't wait and let his talent develop in the mature way that say Nolan and the likes seem to.
Shels had a look and didn't sign him.
Signing for Kilkenny hardly adds much to the cv.
An average First Division player based on the last three years or so. IMO.
Handy dribbler but doesn't seem to perform on a regular basis.

Kearney, Nwankwo, O'Flynn, Woods. That's four more effective lefties we have.

Éanna
13/01/2005, 10:08 PM
Tynan is a quality quality player,
yeah he is, but i agree with SSS. I have my doubts about his attitude, and his committment. If dolan can make him work, great, but I'd be a bit sceptical to say the least

A face
13/01/2005, 10:42 PM
I thought he was a breath of fresh air the first time around but that asn't hard at the time. He was knocked of the ball far too much but as people of said, if he had more staying power he might have done better.

Hate saying it but ..... He will not improve the team this time around !!

DolansWaistcoat
14/01/2005, 6:31 AM
Still a very exciting player to watch but has probably been away from the premier league for too long now to get into the city team.

pete
14/01/2005, 8:30 AM
We surely should be setting our sights a bit higher than Tynan?

Dolan needs to being in quality 1st team players. Theres enough quality in the u-21s for squad players & cover.

I'd prefer to city adopt the fulltime squad more enthusiastically so we weren't signing any new part-time players.

Crambler
14/01/2005, 9:00 AM
tynan is a super attacking player ,played great stuff at cobh under dave hill.
since henderson arrived tynan was only used to keep the bench warm.i think henderson was unhappy with his defending when team was under pressure.i for one am sad to see tynan released by henderson as it will be cobh's loss .
no sure if he would be prem standard,but hope he is not lost to el and some club pick him up for next season.

RedX
15/01/2005, 12:59 AM

Out of all the above comments above about Tynan this IMO is the only correct one..Tynan has great potential and if we sign him with our more proffesional set-up and a kick up the arse he really could be a gem...he is a lot better than many of the so called great players some people on this forum drool over..i hope we sign him...

SSS
15/01/2005, 9:50 AM
Tynan has never proved his quality at any level that would suggest that he can do it for City now. All earlier comments that referred to his documented career can hardly be disregarded. They are all we have to go on to date.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that I'd love to be proved wrong in the future and that he turns into a legend, but if I were my money paying his wages now I'd be a bit concerned.

Don't confuse his great ability to dribble with result-giving-quality.
He only got 14 games for City because it cheered the crowd up when the manager was under pressure. He was exciting to watch but delivered very little in those games.

piratemousey
16/01/2005, 11:02 AM
thats very true,what i remember he dribbled around players, again and again and backtracked,kept his head down and never really passed the ball.
either took a gammy shot ant the end or lost the ball to the opposition.

Éanna
16/01/2005, 12:01 PM
Tynan has never proved his quality at any level that would suggest that he can do it for City now. All earlier comments that referred to his documented career can hardly be disregarded. They are all we have to go on to date.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that I'd love to be proved wrong in the future and that he turns into a legend, but if I were my money paying his wages now I'd be a bit concerned.

Don't confuse his great ability to dribble with result-giving-quality.
He only got 14 games for City because it cheered the crowd up when the manager was under pressure. He was exciting to watch but delivered very little in those games.
agreed. if dolan can get the best out of him, he might do well for us, but I'd be pleasantly surprised I must admit

Martinho II
22/01/2005, 3:07 PM
dave savage played with us for two seasons ten years ago and was one of the best players to have played with us over the last twenty years or so. when i heard ye were linked with him i was a tad surprsied at him being linked with ye .dave must nearly be at this stage . but all the best dave in what you do!

Fair_play_boy
22/01/2005, 6:55 PM
ye got tynan.Is that a confirmed move so? Where is it confirmed?

Fair_play_boy
22/01/2005, 6:56 PM
dave savage played with us for two seasons ten years ago and was one of the best players to have played with us over the last twenty years or so. when i heard ye were linked with him i was a tad surprsied at him being linked with ye .dave must nearly be at this stage . but all the best dave in what you do!Dave must be nearly what, 30? The city squad is very young. A player of his experience / maturity might be no bad thing, IMO.

Longfordian
23/01/2005, 6:27 PM
Savage is 31 or 32 as far as I know, being a Dub though I don't know if he'd move to Cork. He was at our last two FAI Cup finals cheering us on, he's a very good friend of Alan Mathews' as they played together in Longford, I read somewhere Leyton Orient were also offering him a deal. Conveniently his five caps for Ireland were enough to earn us another 5 or ten grand from Millwall as part of the transfer deal when we sold him

observer
24/01/2005, 12:10 PM
Could he be the other midfielder Longford are interested in Longfordian?
The Matthews connection and all training sessions in Dublin would surely be positive factors in influencing a return to Longford.

Longfordian
24/01/2005, 12:13 PM
Don't really know to be honest, he hasn't been mentioned so far but if he were coming home I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were in for him, depending on wages etc., he was talking about coming back to us previously so who knows?