PDA

View Full Version : 2016 FAI Cup

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

nigel-harps1954
07/04/2016, 1:19 PM
First round taking place over April. Janesboro, Pike Rovers and Bluebell United already through to the second round. Draw for the second round taking place Tuesday 26th April at 5pm in Aviva Stadium.

Martinho II
07/04/2016, 4:55 PM
did Pike Rovers knock out St Peters at the weekend in the replay?

gufcfan
07/04/2016, 5:49 PM
The Irish Daily Mail FAI Senior Cup is up and running with three teams having already booked their passage through to the Second Round.

Janesboro, Pike Rovers, and Bluebell United all secured wins in the First Round, while Killester United will have to take on Cherry Orchard again in a replay following a 1-1 draw.

There are still four games to play out in the First Round with two taking place this coming weekend and two more to follow next week.

Meanwhile, the draw for the Second Round will take place on Tuesday, April 26 at 17:00 in the Henry Dunlop Suite at the Aviva Stadium.

Results
St John Bosco 2-4 Janesboro
Pike Rovers 1-0 Rockmount
Carrigaline United 0-5 Bluebell United

Replay
Killester United v Cherry Orchard, Elmdale, Sunday, April 24, KO 11:00

Fixtures
Bandon v Ringmahon Rangers, Town Park, Sunday, April 10, KO 10:45
Portmarnock v Letterkenny Rovers, Paddy's Hill, Sunday, April 10, KO 14:30
Crumlin United v Greystones United, Pearse Park Astro, Tuesday, April 12, KO 20:00
St Peter's v Leeside, Dubarry Park, Saturday, April 16, KO 17:00

brendy_éire
26/04/2016, 9:59 AM
Second round draw to be made today at 17:00. No mention of it being broadcast online.

Teams are LoI plus:

Bluebell United
Cherry Orchard
Crumlin United
Firhouse Clover
Glebe North
Janesboro
Letterkenny Rovers
Midleton
Pike Rovers
Ringmahon Rangers
St Peter’s
Sheriff YC

JC_GUFC
26/04/2016, 10:16 AM
Second round draw to be made today at 17:00. No mention of it being broadcast online.

Teams are LoI plus:

Bluebell United
Cherry Orchard
Crumlin United
Firhouse Clover
Glebe North
Janesboro
Letterkenny Rovers
Midleton
Pike Rovers
Ringmahon Rangers
St Peter’s
Sheriff YC

It's live on FAI.IE

NeverFeltBetter
26/04/2016, 2:10 PM
Fingers crossed for an all-Limerick tie.

gufcfan
26/04/2016, 4:04 PM
It's live on FAI.IE

No mention of it anywhere that I can see.

Dodge
26/04/2016, 4:05 PM
Draw is at 17:15

NeverFeltBetter
26/04/2016, 4:16 PM
FAI have streaming on their FB page, but isn't working for me: https://www.facebook.com/FAIOfficial/

Titan
26/04/2016, 4:16 PM
its on their facebook page

NeverFeltBetter
26/04/2016, 4:24 PM
Finn Harps - Crumlin
Dundalk - Shelbourne
Bluebell - Limerick
Bohemians - Galway
Firhouse Clover - Wexford Youths
Athlone - Letterkenny
Ringmahon - Glebe North
Cobh - Cherry Orchard
Derry - Drogheda
St Pats - Pike Rovers
Sligo - Cabinteely
UCD - Bray
Shamrock Rovers - Midleton
Janesboro - Sheriff YC
Waterford - Longford
Cork - St Peters

patrickccfc
26/04/2016, 4:27 PM
Have to be happy with that draw for us anyway.

Also an interesting one with Dan Murray taking his midleton side to tallaght

Martinho II
26/04/2016, 4:30 PM
interesting draw with us against Waterford away. It keeps up our run of consistently playing them in the FAI Cup. Cousins record v Rodster is terrible so think Waterford will batter us. Any confirmation of dates?

NeverFeltBetter
26/04/2016, 4:32 PM
I suppose Bohs/Galway is the stand-out tie?

dundalkfc10
26/04/2016, 4:34 PM
interesting draw with us against Waterford away. It keeps up our run of consistently playing them in the FAI Cup. Cousins record v Rodster is terrible so think Waterford will batter us. Any confirmation of dates?

Weekend of Sunday 22nd, Id imagine most will be Friday 20th

outspoken
26/04/2016, 4:35 PM
Waterford will beat us, no doubt about it.

El-Pietro
26/04/2016, 4:36 PM
interesting draw with us against Waterford away. It keeps up our run of consistently playing them in the FAI Cup. Cousins record v Rodster is terrible so think Waterford will batter us. Any confirmation of dates? I didn't make the league cup match but Waterford are the only team who left Turners Cross after a worse scoreline than Longford this season. If there is any game you can win its against them.

Martinho II
26/04/2016, 4:42 PM
I didn't make the league cup match but Waterford are the only team who left Turners Cross after a worse scoreline than Longford this season. If there is any game you can win its against them.

not with our lot this year its easily our worst ever squad in years. even our team in 06/07 were way better.. I think we will gain fewer pts this season than our first ever season in the top flight in 84/85! I have never seen a season that we have scored so little and let in so many. and dont get me started on TC or the club they are clowns of the highest order!

WoodquayBoy
26/04/2016, 4:43 PM
I suppose Bohs/Galway is the stand-out tie? UCD/Bray only other all PD game.
When did UCD get promoted?

NeverFeltBetter
26/04/2016, 4:47 PM
Whoops. So used to them being up there.

ForzaHoop
26/04/2016, 5:07 PM
Great draw for some of the non league teams - Letterkenny Rovers could beat Athlone
Interesting to see if Crumlin will bring many up to the hills of Donegal

El-Pietro
26/04/2016, 5:23 PM
not with our lot this year its easily our worst ever squad in years. even our team in 06/07 were way better.. I think we will gain fewer pts this season than our first ever season in the top flight in 84/85! I have never seen a season that we have scored so little and let in so many. and dont get me started on TC or the club they are clowns of the highest order!

Oh don't get me wrong. Your lot are terrible and will be relegated unless you change something. But we scored 7 goals in about 40 minutes against Waterford with less than our strongest team

SPXcyan
26/04/2016, 5:38 PM
We put out basically our U19 for the second half however ;) Longford will batter us!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
26/04/2016, 5:44 PM
Classic League of Ireland talk.

"We're ****"

"We're worse"

brendy_éire
26/04/2016, 7:23 PM
Great draw for some of the non league teams - Letterkenny Rovers could beat Athlone

I think it would be a big ask, but sure ye never know.

Happy enough with our draw. Would only have wanted an away game if it was against a non-league team. Will be interesting to see what Drogs are like this season.

Charlie Darwin
27/04/2016, 1:18 AM
Oh don't get me wrong. Your lot are terrible and will be relegated unless you change something. But we scored 7 goals in about 40 minutes against Waterford with less than our strongest team
You also scored six against Longford in an actual important game, albeit with a strong team.

outspoken
27/04/2016, 7:54 AM
We also have a goalkeeper who likes to let the ball through his hands on a regular basis. We win

sulywaterfordfc
27/04/2016, 4:36 PM
I'm happy enough with our draw. Winnable tie for us imo. Beat a more or less full strength Longford side in preseason too which was the last LOI side we beat at home. We've been hot and cold this year showed we're more then capable of competing but our defending has been a shambles so far. We've fallen apart since Roddy got suspended we were on a three game winning streak and since we've not won in the league and got thumped by Cork in the league cup.

Martinho II
27/04/2016, 7:20 PM
I'm happy enough with our draw. Winnable tie for us imo. Beat a more or less full strength Longford side in preseason too which was the last LOI side we beat at home. We've been hot and cold this year showed we're more then capable of competing but our defending has been a shambles so far. We've fallen apart since Roddy got suspended we were on a three game winning streak and since we've not won in the league and got thumped by Cork in the league cup.

had forgotten ye had beat us towards the end of preseason!

outspoken
27/04/2016, 7:45 PM
had forgotten ye had beat us towards the end of preseason!

Yep and it was a full strength side bar Duffy and Rhys. Waterford have every chance

sadloserkid
28/04/2016, 8:32 AM
We also have a goalkeeper who likes to let the ball through his hands on a regular basis. We win

I thought Conor O'Donnell was with UCD? :confused:

pineapple stu
28/04/2016, 9:11 AM
Hey - did you not see the game on Friday? :p

nigel-harps1954
28/04/2016, 9:16 AM
I thought Conor O'Donnell was with UCD? :confused:

Same one that saved a penalty against Limerick the other night?

sadloserkid
28/04/2016, 1:38 PM
Hey - did you not see the game on Friday? :p

Same one that saved a penalty against Limerick the other night?

Oh well if he saved a penalty that definitely proves he's turned into David De Gea. :)

Stopped clock, twice a day lads.

I honestly, hand on heart, think O'Donnell is the worst first choice keeper I have ever seen play LOI. The odd reserve keeper (generally 16 or 45 years old) might have excelled even more at ineptitude in short spells but the guy never showed even a hint of goalkeeping fundamentals over the half season or so that he shone so brightly as a harbinger of doom who could bring chaos to even the calmest of situations with us.

I did laugh long and hard at the penalty save though, twas practically written in the stars. :D

pineapple stu
28/04/2016, 1:53 PM
In fairness, he didn't put a foot wrong for the rest of the game either; another two or three great saves to keep us in it.

I did have a laugh when he was getting ready to come on as a sub though - someone threw him his water bottle, and he dropped it. :)

El-Pietro
28/04/2016, 1:58 PM
Conor O'Donnell has put in brilliant and horriffic performances against City at Turners Cross. The worst goalkeeping performance I ever saw was Conor Winn for U.C.D. against Galway United in Terryland Park a few years back. Apparently hes doing reasonably well for himself now. Maybe O'Donnell is just young and inconsistent, and suffered from a series of poor performances which affected his confidence. It wouldn't suprise me if he turns into a decent keeper in a few seasons.

Mark McNulty was a terrible keeper as recently as 6 years ago, and was pretty poor even 4 years ago and theres an argument to be made that hes been the best keeper in the league since 2014.

pineapple stu
28/04/2016, 2:05 PM
Conor Winn never played for us - do you mean Conor for Galway against UCD?

I've seen O'Donnell pull off some spectacular saves alright - a 4-2 win in Derry a couple of years back stands out for a pretty much impossible point-blank double save - but then drop crosses almost into his own net.

Easy for a keeper like that for the drops to take over, and you have a complete loss of confidence, which I presume is what happened in Limerick last year.

Charlie Darwin
28/04/2016, 2:40 PM
O'Donnell looked good when he started out at UCD - was always capable of some great saves.

El-Pietro
28/04/2016, 2:59 PM
Conor Winn never played for us - do you mean Conor for Galway against UCD?

I've seen O'Donnell pull off some spectacular saves alright - a 4-2 win in Derry a couple of years back stands out for a pretty much impossible point-blank double save - but then drop crosses almost into his own net.

Easy for a keeper like that for the drops to take over, and you have a complete loss of confidence, which I presume is what happened in Limerick last year.
Might have been for Galway against UCD. It was a crazy game with shocking goalkeeping at both ends. 4-3 I think it finished. I met yourself and Mr. A that evening. 2011 maybe? We were playing Harps on the Saturday and said we'd break the journey up with a trip to Galway on the way the day before.

O'Donnell was absolutely astounding against City in a game in 2014. Incredible feat of goalkeeping, its not an exaggeration to say we could have had 7 or 8.
http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/20348/2/

Reading that I count 10 specific saves that they mention him making.

pineapple stu
28/04/2016, 4:11 PM
Ah yes; I remember that one!

Could even have been 5-4. Mad game. Don't remember the keeper's performance tbh, but that doesn't mean you're wrong obviously. Ger Barron was in nets for us that day.

The 4-2 against Derry is below from YouTube; the double save on 56 minutes is up there with the best save I've ever seen in LoI (it's not that easy to see on the video unfortunately - we all know what the view in the Brandywell is like)

9g996qH2u-M

He saved a penalty there the following season as well.

But he does have a clanger a game in him, and I can well see how that could affect his confidence. I was only saying to Gary Spain on Friday that UCD might be well suited to him - no home fans to get on his back over stuff like that. :)

Edit - you're right, it was a 4-3 win for us. Greg Fleming was in nets (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6047/galway-united-3---4-ucd/) for Galway apparently. Never heard of him! Seems he's back in the Scottish leagues (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Fleming) now, with Ayr.

El-Pietro
28/04/2016, 4:21 PM
Ah yes; I remember that one!

Could even have been 5-4. Mad game. Don't remember the keeper's performance tbh, but that doesn't mean you're wrong obviously. Ger Barron was in nets for us that day.

The 4-2 against Derry is below from YouTube; the double save on 56 minutes is up there with the best save I've ever seen in LoI (it's not that easy to see on the video unfortunately - we all know what the view in the Brandywell is like)

9g996qH2u-M

He saved a penalty there the following season as well.

But he does have a clanger a game in him, and I can well see how that could affect his confidence. I was only saying to Gary Spain on Friday that UCD might be well suited to him - no home fans to get on his back over stuff like that. :)

Edit - you're right, it was a 4-3 win for us. Greg Fleming was in nets (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/6047/galway-united-3---4-ucd/) for Galway apparently. Never heard of him! Seems he's back in the Scottish leagues (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Fleming) now, with Ayr.
Hmm, Winn was on the bench. I've been blaming him for the performance for all these years!

Edit: a 9 minute video! No chance am I watching that!

pineapple stu
28/04/2016, 5:26 PM
Whoops!

Just go to 4:45, I meant to say.

56 minutes into the game.

nigel-harps1954
20/05/2016, 8:51 PM
Derry 1-1 Drogheda - Full time score.

I only post this, simply because the greatest thing that could happen this season is going to happen.

Kenny Shiels is going to sit in the away dugout in United Park.

White Horse
20/05/2016, 9:15 PM

Proof that Karma is real.

El-Pietro
20/05/2016, 9:17 PM
4-0 to City in a scrappy enough game in the rain in Cork. Highlights were a cracking finish from Holohan for number 2 and a ridiculous scramble that somehow didnt result in a goal at 4 nil. Seriously, watch the highlights. The entire (666 of us) stadium laughed at the end.

patrickccfc
20/05/2016, 9:23 PM
4-0 to City in a scrappy enough game in the rain in Cork. Highlights were a cracking finish from Holohan for number 2 and a ridiculous scramble that somehow didnt result in a goal at 4 nil. Seriously, watch the highlights. The entire (666 of us) stadium laughed at the end.

That was a brilliant goal from holohan, looking forward to seeing the highlights. But hopefully they show that scramble it was absolutely comical how it didn't end up in the goal

pineapple stu
20/05/2016, 9:51 PM
Cracking game in the Bowl tonight.

1-0 up after 3 minutes. 2-0 up after half an hour. Bray have a goal ruled out for handball - a bad call I think - and we go up the pitch and make it 3-0 before half-time.

Bray somehow equalise by the hour mark. Then we miss a peno before going 4-3 ahead after an own goal.

We hit the bar, Bray hit the post, we scramble off the line and Bray have another goal ruled out.

Most enjoyable game since - well, I guess the Euro games really.

Duffman
20/05/2016, 11:56 PM
Derry 1-1 Drogheda - Full time score.

I only post this, simply because the greatest thing that could happen this season is going to happen.

Honest to God I'd have liked this a 1000 times if that were an option. Comedy gold!

osarusan
21/05/2016, 4:41 PM
Limerick 5-2 Bluebell.

O'Flynn hattrick, 2 of which were penalties.

pineapple stu
21/05/2016, 4:44 PM
I see Mark Rooney was an unused sub for Bluebell - another complete blast from the past from them (ex UCD, Drogheda, Dublin City, Pat's and Shels)