PDA

View Full Version : El Beckham

Dublin12
12/01/2005, 3:12 PM
Speaking Cockney Spanish on sky today :rolleyes: lol,he fancies himself a bit as he can't even master the English language yet :rolleyes: :D

dcfcsteve
12/01/2005, 3:20 PM
Very basic Spanish, spoken very slowly, interjected with English words used when trying to think/remember something (e.g. "well", "uhmmm"), and spoken with little or no attempt on the accent.

Dreadful considering he's been living over there for a year or so now. You'd pick up as much on a 2 week holiday.

But at least he's trying, I guess....

drinkfeckarse
12/01/2005, 3:39 PM
Can't be easy for him lads, I say well done to him for being able to master 2 or 3 words after more than a year of living in Spain.............he is as thick as 2 short planks after all :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
12/01/2005, 4:38 PM
Rumour has it that Brooklyn speaks better Spanish than his dad.
This news emerges after recent stories that Brooklyn was very upset after David scribbled on his colouring book. Brooklyn demanded that David appologise for his trangression. To this, David replied that with the exception of Diego Simeone, he has rarely if ever been aggressive. Says it all really.

Superhoops
12/01/2005, 7:26 PM
Rumour has it that Brooklyn speaks better Spanish than his dad.
Brooklyn speaks better english than his dad!

sylvo
12/01/2005, 8:26 PM
I bet he's got no problems texting in Spanish though.

lopez
12/01/2005, 9:02 PM
Typical immigrant. Learned all the swear words first. :eek:

Fair_play_boy
12/01/2005, 9:05 PM
I bet he's got no problems texting in Spanish though.Oh! LOL! LOL! ROTFL :D

CollegeTillIDie
12/01/2005, 9:09 PM
I bet he's got no problems texting in Spanish though.

Muy bien ! :D

carrickharp
13/01/2005, 6:49 AM
See the hat he was wearing, covering his ears? Was he doing a George W and using an ear piece?

$Leon$
13/01/2005, 12:51 PM
saw the speech on sky news last night. it took bout 5 min to read both sentences too much ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gustavo
13/01/2005, 1:31 PM
i suppose the man is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt :confused:

dcfcsteve
13/01/2005, 1:38 PM
i suppose the man is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt :confused:

Not if he makes a decent attempt at it. Gary Lineker had a good grasp of Spanish from his time in Barcelona - and the majority there speak a slightly different language !

There's no two ways about it - that was a very poor show by a man who's lived there for a year, has bucket loads of free-time on his hands, and has the money to pay a top teacher to scholar him. Can't see any exciuse for it myself.

sylvo
13/01/2005, 1:48 PM
Was he hablas cojones in the interview, or did he make some good pionts.

Aldini98
13/01/2005, 2:42 PM
Heard him on Today FM this morning, what an idiot !!! :)

He cant speaka the inglish either......

lopez
13/01/2005, 3:22 PM
Was he hablas cojones in the interview, or did he make some good pionts.Hablé mucho cojones, amigo. I read it in the Scum and I couldn't make head nor tale of what he was talking about. Forgive him for calling the game 'la' partido but the rest was sh*te. There's no doubt Brooklyn could speak better Spanish but on this showing so could Romeo. :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
13/01/2005, 3:36 PM
Not if he makes a decent attempt at it. Gary Lineker had a good grasp of Spanish from his time in Barcelona - and the majority there speak a slightly different language !

As did Toshak, also David Platt (with Italian) when he signed with Bari in the 1990s. Beckham's knowledge of Spanish seems to be on a par with Gazza's Italian at Lazio. I'd hazard a guess Owen probably speaks better Spanish than either Mr or Mrs Beckham.

He probably shouldnt have tried given he's been there 18 months and that was all he could manage.

He is apparently wearing the hat because he is "growing his hair" :confused:

jofyisgod
13/01/2005, 7:03 PM
Italian is a far easier language to pick up than Spanish.

Wouldn't agree with that buddy. TBH, they're basically identical-i speak Spanish, but i can basically read Italian and understand it when i hear it because the main words are so similar in both languages. All due to the Latin origins.

Fair Play to Beckham- at least he's tried. La Partido, though :eek: Grammar, David, grammar

Éanna
13/01/2005, 10:10 PM
Italian is a far easier language to pick up than Spanish.
not true at all. spanish is a very straightforward language to learn if you put your mind to it. of course that requires having a mind, which is where mr beckham slipped up. put it this way- I've been teaching a group of beginners spanish since the end of september. 4 hours a week. and if any of them came out with that kind of drivel I'd kill them :D

lopez
13/01/2005, 10:41 PM
Italian is a far easier language to pick up than Spanish.I never had any problem picking Spanish up. :confused: ... :D

Seriously, this would be a good show in September 2003 but now. No excuses. Latin languages are all hard. Gender nouns, subjunctive, putting the adjective after the noun. On the other hand you know when you see the word you know that is how it will be pronounced. Pity the foreigner learning, although, through, plough, cough, etc.

Éanna
13/01/2005, 10:50 PM
I Latin languages are all hard. Gender nouns, subjunctive, putting the adjective after the noun.
yeah, but lets face it, he wasn't being asked very taxing question and could have answered them in a very basic fashion without straining the ol' grammar too much