PDA

View Full Version : Released players who went on to better things!

KR's Post
12/01/2005, 2:24 PM
Dan O' Connor-Drogheda/Longford Never had a chance at bray... Now one of the best centre halfs in ireland.
Don Tierney- Drogheda - One of brays most consistent performers, yet was let go to drogs for no good reason. Didn't get a real chance though. Cup winner aswell.
Pip Keogh- Longford- Although back, he was a very good player and a local lad which was great. Relegation probably confirmed his departure.

KR's Post
12/01/2005, 2:27 PM
Ray Kenny - Although still sitting in the gaveyard, he was released without reason. Another who could have done a job for us. Didn't really go on to better things.
Stephen Gough-Shamrock Rovers- Like O' Connor, never got a real chance at Bray. Went on to be very consistent with rovers and i would welcome a move back to the carlise. Established as one of the best in the country now.
Robbie 'the legend' Doyle - U.C.D./Bohs/Pats- The 'leg' was let go after returning from blackburn. Although only scored 1 goal, look at his record with the clubs he joined. A true character who would have hero status in the carlisle.
Steve Jones-Crewe Now an established member at gresty road, scores goals aswell. Never got a chance at bray either.
Thomas Morgan - Shels - Champions league, Premier title x2. Another with great expierience. Was a really good hard woring player while at the carlisle.
Anybody i've forgotten??? Please feel free to add to the list.

Roo69
12/01/2005, 3:03 PM
Gary Dempsey Released and signed for Waterford. Now a regular with Dumfermline in the SPL.

Rover 2 U
12/01/2005, 3:18 PM
Stephen Gough-Shamrock Rovers- Like O' Connor, never got a real chance at Bray. Went on to be very consistent with rovers and i would welcome a move back to the carlise. Established as one of the best in the country now.

Very Consistent? Stephen Gough? Your having a laugh are you?
Liam Buckley's love child maybe, but consistent?
And I'm not even going to go there on your "best in the country" comment.

As for a move back, you would be welcome to him!

KR's Post
12/01/2005, 3:21 PM

Don't appreciate good players. He ain't a midfielder he is a defender. Being played out of position i think... ;)

Roo69
12/01/2005, 3:22 PM

Having seen Goughy on numerous occasions i have always thought he was a very good footballer. Can't understand why nearly all Rovers fans dislkie him and don't rate him ? Is there something else to this ?

I reckon we'd snap the hand off you if we could get him !

KK77
And Devo Should Not Be Blamed For These Players Being Allowed To Leave As Remember Hes Won Two Fai Cups For Us Over 15 Mighty Years

KR's Post
Gary Dempsey Released and signed for Waterford. Now a regular with Dumfermline in the SPL.
Oh ye..... Forgot about him. Good spot Roo69.. :p

KR's Post
12/01/2005, 3:23 PM
And Devo Should Not Be Blamed For These Players Being Allowed To Leave As Remember Hes Won Two Fai Cups For Us Over 15 Mighty Years
:mad: :mad: Enough with the debate about devo... Jebus

Roo69
12/01/2005, 3:25 PM
:mad: :mad: Enough with the debate about devo... Jebus

Agreed