PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Utd. increase admission prices for 2005

kilkennycat2004
12/01/2005, 1:03 PM
Admission prices for the new season have been announced. Adult stand tickets will now cost €15, a child stand ticket will be €8 while student/OAP prices for the stand will be €10. Admission to the ground only will be €10 for adults, €5 for children while students and OAP's will have to pay €8.

Very poor value by way of comparison with GAA & all Waterford Utd 2005 admission prices are increased since last season.
(eg. stand was E12 now E15)
As a regular attender of both GAA & soccer I always think the GAA do a great job promoting the game with free admission for kids usually being the norm for all bar sell out matches. And this includes the stand. Maybe helps explain why there was such poor support at Lansdowne last October at the cup final.

Risteard
12/01/2005, 1:31 PM
Its a very difficult dilemna when the crowds aren't coming in their droves but you need increased revenue.
I'd like to see some clubs of Waterfords stature take the plunge and try reduce some fares with a good bit of publicity about it.
For example, when City or Shels are coming to the RSC, put on an offer for kids to try reach capacity.
Get them hooked.

A face
12/01/2005, 11:16 PM
People have been saying it for years ... leave the kids in free, and the parents will follow. That is the way it should be done, .... if dad comes along with his son, there'll be a programme and some food and drinks thrown in there too. There will be a kids shirt every season but dad might buy one too.
Clubs should do more to look at who is coming through the gates and try and provide a good service.

ConfusedBlue
13/01/2005, 2:32 PM
leave the kids in free, and the parents will follow. That is the way it should be done, .... if dad comes along with his son, there'll be a programme and some food and drinks thrown in there too. There will be a kids shirt every season but dad might buy one too.
Its been tried and tested in the RSC already and it was a complete and utter disaster.I think it was 2 kids free with a paying adult and it ended up with about 10 games of 5-a-side being played around the running track.The father went off to talk to his mates and left the kids to their own devices!!!!!!!
It was complete and utter bedlam.
I think the introduction of a reduced price family ticket would be a better option.

noby
19/01/2005, 3:32 PM
Childrens prices have been reverted back to last years i.e. €6 &€4

CollegeTillIDie
19/01/2005, 8:47 PM
Well it seems that The Blues have brought their prices in line with the clubs in the capital :rolleyes: