PDA

View Full Version : Bray Wanderers FC -v- Cork City FC

Peadar
21/01/2002, 1:15 PM
Just looked at the league table and if we can get our form back we are still in a good position to finish in the European places.
No point dwelling on the Bohs thing too long. We have to look forward now.
What's the story with the Bray game.
I was told at the Shels v Pats game that Bray have switched the fixture from Sunday to Friday. They play everyone else on Sundays and then they play us on a Friday.
Is this a deliberate attempt to disrupt the City players?
Could it be that Bray like to make it more difficult for the travelling support to attend the game?

It's down for a 19:45 KO if anyone intends to travel.

pete
21/01/2002, 2:03 PM
I've way too much spare time today & heres what I found:

On the bray official site (http://www.braywanderers.ie/fixtures.php) has game down for friday evening.

As you suggested Peadar this is pure gamesmanship by Bray & IMO City should refuse to play on friday.

Bray started their season with friday night games but usually play Rovers on the sunday as they also do for most games with dublin teams. For their 6th home game they moved to sunday 7 played 5 league game on the trot on the sunday afternoon, then UCD on the friday & back to rovers on the sunday.

From this seasons fixture list looks like Bray are deliberately moving games against teams theat have to travel a bit to the friday to gain some sort of advantage.

Course forget all the above if next weekends game is on the sunday ;)

(maybe i should have waaay too much time on my hands)

Éanna
21/01/2002, 8:04 PM
only thing is, the game was originally down for friday night in the little fixture list thingy. hopefully a bunch of us can make it up anyway.

Bernie
22/01/2002, 7:38 AM
Last nights echo has this game down for Friday night KO all right.

I reckon your onto something Pete. Seems a tad 'unfair' to be switching back to a Friday night all of a sudden???

pete
22/01/2002, 11:48 AM
Bray have gone sunday, friday, sunday & now friday again.

What i'm trying to suggest is its likely they stick with friday (for the culchies) & then have luxury of moving to sundays for the dublin teams as they unlikely to object.

As far as I knew I thought you had to dominate 1 day for your games but might be able to change mid-season if everyone else agreed? Makes no difference to me but surely city would prefer sunday?

Should be interesting to see how Bray & theri kind like being dragged down to Cork for friday evening ko in future....