PDA

View Full Version : Disgust at taunting Celtic

Jack
14/06/2001, 10:04 PM
In reference to the bigots who have quite clearly revolted against Celtic in these forums, i ask how can you possibly call your self Irish.:( :rolleyes: When the fields of athenry ring out around Landsdowne road or Turners Cross, two thing enter most people minds The pride they feel for their country and Celtic. Or have we as a people lost all our pride in who we are in general IRISH.

Neil
14/06/2001, 10:18 PM
No, I feel proud to be Irish, not Scottish.

Appropriate name 'Jack' - Jackeen?

A face
15/06/2001, 1:23 AM
Open your eyes, look around you, smell coffee if you have to ........... Ericom League is the topic here, go to park end or road or whatever it is, change your passport if need be, but i said it now and probably a million times more, why in gods name do you honestly believe i will take a tack of notice of your plee in the "taunting" celtic thing you have going on there, I am from Cork born and bread, went to school here, Work here, see myself living and dieing here, now why for one moment should i follow Celtic, 'cos they are Irish ....... WRONG, actually very far from it, yes you guessed it already ... i didn't listen the the lads in the pub after four pints, and in full voice, singing "Irish" songs (Irish songs, very far from the truth with alot of that verse) Now dont get me wrong, i love the game, so i look at it where possible, nearly every pass and cross of it, but i support the team from my home city and achieve an identity from it (if thats what your after, with most celtic fans, thats what it seems to be) I follow the youths coming up through the system and the senior team through thick and thin, to see all we can achieve and what is possible to achieve, all the usual stuff that goes with following a team, dont you dare harp on to me about following a team more than 400 miles away (it is more i know, but i ain't sure what the figure is, never been to Scotland) with a very shoddy excuse for being "Irish" .......... Get a life mate, and if that means emigrating ...... SO BE IT, i look forward to City taking your money on the gate and hope you have a pleasant stay at the cross, the home of football in Cork, not some pub with sky sports.

a vexed face in the crowd asking not to be awarded his first strike, it does pee me off though. f**king plastic paddies.

Neil
15/06/2001, 2:21 AM
Excellent post Face. No sign of our buddy 'Jack'.

Éanna
15/06/2001, 3:48 AM
Face I agree with you 100%, but I think you have to accept that Celtic have a special place in many Irish people's hearts- many eL fans included.
Jack, Celtic may have Irish roots- so does Bill Clinton; so what. I've no problem with people supporting teams in OTHER countries, so long as they support their own first- I support Real Madrid, and follow Celtic. BUT Celtic are NOT Irish. When a Celtic win in Europe gives us co-efficient points in the rankings, then they'lll be Irish; for now they are most definitely Scottish.

Leonard
15/06/2001, 12:36 PM
"In reference to the bigots who have quite clearly revolted against Celtic in these forums"

There's something about people in glass houses throwing stones somewhere, isn't there? Aren't Celtic fans some of the most biggoted in the world? Or are we going for revisionist history here, and claiming Celtic fans only react to Glasgow Rangers taunting? If so, **** off Jack, you're an idiot.

dahamsta
15/06/2001, 2:05 PM
You were doing so well until the end Leonard. Keep trying.

You're right though, it has to be said that the original comment was pretty hyprocritical. The wars - ok "battles" - between Celtic and Rangers are as bigoted as it gets. I can understand someone being miffed at some of the comments, but "bigoted"?

adam

Pablo
15/06/2001, 2:23 PM
Yes the fields of Athenry is sung at City and Ireland matches but this is not a Celtic song, YES they have adopted it but last time I checked Athenry was in Galway......As for Celtic, Irish roots they may have but City are our First love and although we are all probably happy if they win, if we were given the choice we would pick City to win the league over Celtic every time

James
15/06/2001, 5:38 PM
I'd go for city ahead of any other team in the world , even my beloved skibbereen dynamos.

anyway this cetic match is going to clash with city's weekend in holland when we play the second round of intertoto cup (touch wood), so we'll have the perfect situation where the real fans can head to holland and leave the fairweather barstool muppets to lap up celtic coming home to ireland:confused:

City for Europe

James
15/06/2001, 5:40 PM
that was one of the most intelligant postings on this board so far nice one.. see you in the horseshoe tomorrow for a pint:D

Pablo
15/06/2001, 6:24 PM
COLOR=red]ah the horseshoe is considered the pre match warm up! then standing on the shed for the 1st half dieing for a ****! Happy days![/COLOR]

Conor B
15/06/2001, 8:04 PM
I am completely stunned because you all missed it .

It's the fields of bishopstown that is sung at the cross.

Also I couldn't give a toss about Celtic, honestly, plastic paddies is exactly what theyre supporters are, true Irish football supporters enjoy merited success, and not one over on their Nemises. Yeah well done Celtic on the treble and all that, but we qualified for intertoto, and that is more important as far as the club is concerned, yet another season of Euro football, well done Liam.

Shag it, I only wanted to say something to **** the moderaters off!

Still a true City fan though, and Crewe Alexandra, is that OK, it's because they used to finish bottom of the old English Div 4 every year, and look at them now, avoiding relegation year after year from division 1 in style!!! Go the railwaymen

Neil
15/06/2001, 8:13 PM
That was 'Jack'eens first and last post here I'd say. Just like when he goes to Turners Cross for the $eltic match, first and last...

Stand up for yourself ya West Brit.

Leonard
18/06/2001, 11:09 AM
apparently Dario Gradi is a kiddy fiddler

Conor B
19/06/2001, 11:33 AM
Aren't they all?

Leonard
19/06/2001, 2:49 PM
In my experience as a young footballer, yes.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 6:42 PM
Off topic..................................ever so slightly.....................maybe................ ........ He's right though.