PDA

View Full Version : Manager

Neil
02/06/2001, 10:40 AM
Any news on who will replace Don O'Riordan? I hope another good manager comes in and continues the good work. I like to see United doing well - and they should be doing well, being the only team from a big city (?)

EddieL
05/06/2001, 2:31 PM
Speaking of which,I thought it was a disgrace the way he was sacked,and for no reason as far as I could see.On limited resources he did a great job keeping them in the Premier league.We at Pats always found it very difficult against Galway Utd in Terryland.Hope he gets a new job soon because he is too good to be lost to Irish football.

EddieL
07/06/2001, 4:19 PM
Where are all the Galway United fans then????

Henry Glynn
09/06/2001, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by EddieL
Where are all the Galway United fans then????

Concerning the appointment of a new Galway manager,it looks very disapointing,the talk around the town is that it is beween;
Tony Manion- A former united manager who is currently invoved with local club Salthill Devon.
Justin Neary-Youth team manager
Kevin Cassidy-Former player invoved with local treble winners Hibs.
Although these are good managers they dont compare with Don and i think the club should be a bit more ambitious and go for a proven top coach like Liam Buckley or someone from outside the local setup who will come in with new ideas.

Neil
15/06/2001, 8:14 PM
As Galway United continue their search for a new manager to replace Don O'Riordan, they are set to appoint a previous manager again.
The club have reportedly offered the job to Tony Mannion, and - should he accept the offer - it will be his third spell as boss at the Connacht club.