PDA

View Full Version : The Moody Blues on the Simpsons

eoinh
10/01/2005, 9:59 PM
Thought this was hilarious. Although tbh i think the target audience for The Simpsons just wouldnt get it. Ray Thomas' line is brilliant. See here (http://members.aol.com/doctorwho8/Moody_Blues/Moodies.mov)

Of course you are my shining star.

green goblin
11/01/2005, 2:59 PM
Nice to see Siegfreid and Roy too. :)

jofyisgod
11/01/2005, 5:39 PM
Simpsons!

Family Guy is where it's at!Honestly, FG is absolutely hilarious-it's a lot more impressive than the Simpsons for a no. of reasons. It is not afraid to offend or toe the line of decency,it does not regurgitate the same jokes, and as much as people say The Simpsons has adult humour, let's face it-it's not exactly rude! :)

Give FG a go- i'd never seen it, got the DVD at X-Mas, and i promptly ordered the other series of it. The funniest animated show on TV.

Babysis
12/01/2005, 9:28 AM
Simpsons!

Family Guy is where it's at!

Absolutely spot on. My ex got me into it. As much as I do love the simpsons, family guy is a step ahead.

fosterdollar
12/01/2005, 9:38 AM
Simpson's played out it's tenure at the top some time ago. Futurama is another good show taking it's place.

eoinh
12/01/2005, 9:59 AM
Family Guy is finished though, isnt it?

I think it only lasted two seasons in america

cullenswood
12/01/2005, 10:08 AM
Three seasons in America, and I think there is talk of doing another two seasons.

Futurama isn't that great, it was kinda good at the start but that's cos it was different, but I dont think it competes with Family Guy or the Simpsons

Bluebeard
12/01/2005, 11:13 AM
I'm a big Futurama fan,. but that possibly is helped by a love of Sci-Fi anyway. Sadly Futurama was cancelled after only 4 seasons, so it must be gone two years now, and I think that it wears better than the Simpsons. I reckon it was largely because they took the **** taking much further than the Simpsons did and they did it before Fox were unable to cancel.

I think that Family Guy got a third season, but JAYSUS did they ever take the ****-taking to the limit - that show was censored by times. Check out one called "When you wish upon a Weinstein" or something like that - the gag about a Jew who can't count is just wrong... and so funny.

pineapple stu
12/01/2005, 12:39 PM
I think that Family Guy got a third season, but JAYSUS did they ever take the ****-taking to the limit - that show was censored by times.
A friend of mine was saying that in the last episode of the third series, they just took the p*** out of everyone and everything possible, which ultimately led to it being cancelled. Haven't seen the episode, so don't know how bad they went. Definitely very very funny show though.

Futurama I always found to be more interesting than funny for some reason...