PDA

View Full Version : Hoof!

pete
21/01/2002, 11:36 AM
I think unfortunately yesterdays result has been on the cards for some time. I said after the Monaghan result we'd got over ambitious with the squad we currently have & nothing i've seen since has altered that view. I don't think its the scoreline thats depressing about yesterday but the absolute inept performance.

City home tactics:
Every one gives 100% we get stuck into the oppostion, try to keep the ball in their & put them 'under pressure'. If some players not up for the game this can fail so sub those plauyers but basically no back up plan.

City away tactics:
Defend in numbers & hope to hit on the counter attack which means ollie. If ollie on an off day we in trouble. New variation is to hit long balls into the corner for Colin P to chase.

It was slightly embarishing to see the amount o hoofing by our defenders against Derry on tv but I suppose we all thought it was a once off for a must win game.

:(

Éanna
21/01/2002, 1:21 PM
well analysed

PETE FOR MANAGER

pete
21/01/2002, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
well analysed

PETE FOR MANAGER

I is MANAGER!!! haven't you noticed....?

:D :D

dahamsta
21/01/2002, 1:50 PM
Shouldn't that be:

PETE IN!

???

adam

pete
21/01/2002, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Shouldn't that be:

PETE IN!

???

adam

I don't know if they could meet my terms.....? flexible working hours (i.e no earlyish mornings) & web connection......

;)

Btw anyone read Castile de Sangrio (sp??) ?

A face
21/01/2002, 4:44 PM
Castile de Sangrio, i have started it twice or three times but only go as far as him getting to Sangrio ... look at it every so often "shi te ... i must finish that book !!"

pete
21/01/2002, 4:47 PM
Yeah thats the one. Good book if you manage to finish but (without giving anything away) funnyist thing is the yank (new convert to "soccer") thinking he can give the old italian manager tactical advice....

:D :D

Think theres a point in there somewhere.....

A face
22/01/2002, 11:40 AM
This applies to the American player at Kilkenny discussing tactics with the Kilkenny manager :eek:

Am i close ?? :p